Coronavirus (No politics)

Please note that the VAERS is an open system. Anyone can report anything. An anesthesiologist reported that he became the Incredible Hulk after a flu vaccination.

But it's run by the government. We have to assume that dude is the Hulk until proven otherwise.

I dont always agree with Jaws on this website, but when he's right, he's right........I live in Orlando and everyone I know has done well. And I've never seen a wave of transplant new residents in my life........houses cant go on the market or be built fast enough for the demand.........I will definitely vote for DeSantis if he makes the run for the White House.

Agreed, brother.

Houses are selling in hours. Not a few days, not a few weeks, hours. It’s unbelievable. 🤝

I always wear my mask. I mean, it's a Michael Myers mask but it really does keep people away, and social distancing rules have been the best thing about this whole endeavor.

I've gotten back to the gym lately, and people being conditioned to wipe down the equipment after they use it is my favorite thing about the pandemic.

Sadly, there are idiots who will believe this as strongly as they believe Trump will be re-instated by September
  • Reports of deaths and serious injuries from the COVID-19 jabs mount by the day. As of June 11, 2021, the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) had posted 358,379 adverse events, including 5,993 deaths and 29,871 serious injuriesC
Anyone can check the VAERS

The vaccine introduces your immune system to a strain of the virus so your body can better fight it, not prevent you from contracting it. Without getting too political, either side can easily skew arguments in their favor by focusing on certain statistics. I’m just glad the nationwide wide infection rate has dramatically decreased in the past 4-6 months and know it didn’t happen by accident.

Thankfully Trump got the Vaccine makers rolling with incentives and had the US pre-buy all the supplies needed to produce and administer the vaccine so that part of the supply line wasn't a bottleneck. Mr. Dementia of course will get credit in the history books.

• Reports of deaths and serious injuries from the COVID-19 jabs mount by the day. As of June 11, 2021, the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) had posted 358,379 adverse events, including 5,993 deaths and 29,871 serious injuriesC
Anyone can check the VAERS

Anyone can add to the VAERS. It's a step above Wikipedia.

Reactions: ohhbother
The one word that IMO that should be included whenever someone speaks of the vaccine is: EXPERIMENTAL. This vaccine is still untested and nobody knows what the effects will be in 3-5 years. I've had my two jabs of Moderna so am not an anti vaxxer, just being realistic.

Reactions: murfvol1
Oh, it's still there on the hard left, too. I am decided left in my views, but I get inundated with the anti-Covid vaxx stuff from my granola ex-wife about our teenage son getting the shots. It's a weird confluence.

My experience is that unvaxxed people fall into 3 basic categories:
1. Young
2. Those who have lost trust in government for a plethora of valid reasons.
3. Those who have already had the virus.

If you add #3 to the 68% national rate, I think you are getting close to 80% or better. Note: I haven't looked up the infection latest stats (which don't include millions who got the virus and were asymptomatic).

I always wear my mask. I mean, it's a Michael Myers mask but it really does keep people away, and social distancing rules have been the best thing about this whole endeavor.
Here's @InVOLuntary wearing his mask.

R.409472719658f573ee776a85a0be8cf3

Agreed, brother.

Houses are selling in hours. Not a few days, not a few weeks, hours. It’s unbelievable. 🤝

Coworker put his house in Colorado Springs on the market for $420,000. Sold it a week later after about 15 bids for $472,000. Califphonyians are scooping them up left and right. Save me a spot in Florida or East Tennessee!

Reactions: Jaws
Death rates have plummeted even with less than 50% vaccinated in Tennessee. Doesn’t that make anyone question the previous stated death rates? Maybe they weren’t that high to begin with?

The super vulnerable age cohorts are are way above that, so that helps. Plus, Tennessee was, at one time, the worst geography in the entire world for Covid, so I have to think we have a lot of natural immunity.

MY wife and I
Yankees had to postpone 2 games this week with Boston over 3 positive tests. All 3 had been vaccinated

5 Texas Democrat legislators tested positive. All were vaccinated.
My wife and I are both fully vaccinated. Our sons came in for the 4th of July and bought us Covid-19 as a "present", accidentally of course. My wife caught it, I did not. I have been in the same house with her every day (she is a teacher, off in the summer, I work from home) and I did not get it. There is no rhyme or reason for this virus. Get vaccinated it will give you a fighting chance against Covid-19. My wife had a very mild case.

My experience is that unvaxxed people fall into 3 basic categories:
1. Young
2. Those who have lost trust in government for a plethora of valid reasons.
3. Those who have already had the virus.

If you add #3 to the 68% national rate, I think you are getting close to 80% or better. Note: I haven't looked up the infection latest stats (which don't include millions who got the virus and were asymptomatic).

I fall into #2.

But, I also have lost trust in the scientific community for a variety of reasons because like everything else they are also political.

You want me to trust this vaccine you're passing out, but you won't come out and say that a human being born with a penis is a male no matter what he chooses to identify as. Where's the science in that? There are all kinds of things where science is being ignored by science.

Seems to me you pick and choose when it's about "science" and I don't exactly trust when you're choosing to be truly scientific.

Last edited:
Death rates have plummeted even with less than 50% vaccinated in Tennessee. Doesn’t that make anyone question the previous stated death rates? Maybe they weren’t that high to begin with?

I will say this and my daughters are nurses. A lot of death certificates listed COVID because the government paid the hospitals directly for that illness with the pandemic funds. So people would go in with pneumonia, cirrhosis or a heart problem but be counted as a COVID death.

Pretty much anything short of a gunshot wound (but if victim was covid positive, they could count it, lol). Once someone passes, the virus dies within a few hours so it is hard to prove they didn't have virus.

I fall into #2.
But, I also have lost trust in the scientific community for a variety because like everything else they are also political.
You want me to trust this vaccine you're passing out, but you won't come out and say that a human being born with a penis is a male no matter what he chooses to identify as. But, they won't come out and squash that. There are all kinds of things where science is being ignored by science.
Seems to me you pick and choose when it's about "science" and I don't exactly trust when you're choosing to be truly scientific.

Kind of like the Global Warming/Climate Change Urban Legend!

Europe had a flood, Climate Change
12 Hurricanes this year: Climate Change
2 Hurricanes last year: Climate Change
It rained today in Arizona: Climate Change
4 million acres of forest burned in Caliphony due to an arsonist: Climate Change

VN Store

Back