Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

My wife and I went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant last night. Chips and salsa is free. We each got a huge chicken fajita quesadilla and drank water. Even with a larger than normal % tip because our waiter knows us from way back, it was only $20.
I let my daughter pick where we ate last night. It was between the Dairy Bar and Mexican. We should’ve ate Mexican 😒. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. I’m done with the Dairy Bar.

I let my daughter pick where we ate last night. It was between the Dairy Bar and Mexican. We should’ve ate Mexican 😒. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. I’m done with the Dairy Bar.

If I have the option, I will pick Mexican food 99% of the time. I love Mexican food.

So pissed off today. Just bought a house 2 weeks ago. One thing I was excited about was the Kenmore Elite commercial fridge and freezer....separate units that are 3 feet wide each. Noticed that meat was going bad quickly so got a temp gauge. Even with the fridge on the coldest setting it's only getting down to 47-48 degrees...freezer is fine.

Service call, diagnostic and potential repair labor and parts could run between $500-$1000. So depressing after all I've spent on the home purchase, moving, paint, washer/dryer and other random stuff.

I'd much prefer to save this money and plan for new kitchen counters and other improvements....ugghhh.

So pissed off today. Just bought a house 2 weeks ago. One thing I was excited about was the Kenmore Elite commercial fridge and freezer....separate units that are 3 feet wide each. Noticed that meat was going bad quickly so got a temp gauge. Even with the fridge on the coldest setting it's only getting down to 47-48 degrees...freezer is fine.

Service call, diagnostic and potential repair labor and parts could run between $500-$1000. So depressing after all I've spent on the home purchase, moving, paint, washer/dryer and other random stuff.

I'd much prefer to save this money and plan for new kitchen counters and other improvements....ugghhh.
Ahh the joys of home ownership. Typical management/upkeep is about .5% to 1% of the home's value. Might as well just go ahead and set up a separate savings/money market account for that...so at least when things fail in the future, you'll be set. Eventually that 5-10k repair will come along and you'll be happy you did.

Ahh the joys of home ownership. Typical management/upkeep is about .5% to 1% of the home's value. Might as well just go ahead and set up a separate savings/money market account for that...so at least when things fail in the future, you'll be set. Eventually that 5-10k repair will come along and you'll be happy you did.
This is excellent advice.

Reactions: Brillovol
Except for the fact that money market accounts are sucking hind tit these days.
They are for sure right now. All accounts are. I keep near to nothing in mine, just enough to keep open. Was tempted to say throw it in an index fund/stocks/bonds, but didn't want to complicate things...plus liquidity and all...if you need the cash same or next day could be an issue.

My solution to liquidity is to still invest it...but then keep an available credit card line ...use it if need a big repair...then pay it off asap once you've sold the stock. Just shifting things around.

Reactions: Danl
They are for sure right now. All accounts are. I keep near to nothing in mine, just enough to keep open. Was tempted to say throw it in an index fund/stocks/bonds, but didn't want to complicate things...plus liquidity and all...if you need the cash same or next day could be an issue.

My solution to liquidity is to still invest it...but then keep an available credit card line ...use it if need a big repair...then pay it off asap once you've sold the stock. Just shifting things around.
Yeah I'm considering taking a huge chunk out and paying off my truck. Might as well kill some debt instead if it just sitting there gaining crap interest.

Yeah I'm considering taking a huge chunk out and paying off my truck. Might as well kill some debt instead if it just sitting there gaining crap interest.

Whatever rate you have on you truck is more or less what you would earn by paying it off. Unless it is zero and then it basically a wash.

Reactions: bignewt
Our company is about to pay $20/hr starting pay ultimately for a grade of employee I wouldn’t have paid $12/hr two years ago. Our vendors, customers, and competitors are all doing the same. It’s an arms race right now for employees. Prices on raw materials are increasing on average 40%. We’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg on this inflation. I am VERY concerned.

Our company is about to pay $20/hr starting pay ultimately for a grade of employee I wouldn’t have paid $12/hr two years ago. Our vendors, customers, and competitors are all doing the same. Prices on raw materials are increasing on average 40%. We’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg on this inflation. I am VERY concerned.
I’m curious to see if pay goes up for the people that were already making $25+ an hr. At this rate a Big Mac will cost you $10.

Our company is about to pay $20/hr starting pay ultimately for a grade of employee I wouldn’t have paid $12/hr two years ago. Our vendors, customers, and competitors are all doing the same. It’s an arms race right now for employees. Prices on raw materials are increasing on average 40%. We’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg on this inflation. I am VERY concerned.
Same here. My company has 20 US plants. We are 600 people short, are paying a premium to work, and loosening our normal requirements. That is why I can’t give money to the healthy guys on the street panhandling. If anyone wants a job in this climate, they are easily obtained.

I’m curious to see if pay goes up for the people that were already making $25+ an hr. At this rate a Big Mac will cost you $10.
That’s the fight we’re having with our Corporate A Holes. They’re decreasing the gap between line workers, leads, and skilled workers such as our maintenance guys that went through tech schools to get their jobs. Starting to run out of incentives to get those roles. Soon hourly workers will be making more that shift supervisors and on and on and on. This is a death spiral.

Same here. My company has 20 US plants. We are 600 people short, are paying a premium to work, and loosening our normal requirements. That is why I can’t give money to the healthy guys on the street panhandling. If anyone wants a job in this climate, they are easily obtained.

This is hilarious!!

yeaaa lolol people are homeless begging for money lolol. many with psychiatric issues, alcoholism...the answer is employment and productivity.
The numbers of scammers are off the charts. Also people truly wanting help is disproved when you looked at all the tokens laying around the downtown Nashville area when given to them because they didn’t want a helping hand, they want a handout. This didn’t become the problem it was until the Supreme Court sent them out of Mental Health facilities to fend for themselves.

VN Store

Back