Olympic Team announced

Tbh they couldnt have left Bird and Diana off the roster if they are the face of the campaign....which is annoying
View attachment 376684
they did it to parker ! she was in the olympic promo vids as she was one of the most popular if not THE most popular or most noticeable women’s bball player at that time. That’s the conniving part of it all. They used her knowing they wouldn’t put her on the team. Then in the next cycle they use Nneka and her leadership abilities to only dump her 😡

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
A different opinion - Which players should be 2021 WNBA All-Stars?

The case against including Ogwumike: Ogwumike undoubtedly is one of the best players in the league, but she has only played five games and is currently injured. She went down with a knee injury in early June for 4-6 weeks and still has no timetable for her return. Sure, she was averaging 16.4 PPG and 7.0 RPG in those games, and sure, the Sparks have struggled without her, but there are players who are not injured who have been playing that well all season. The injury is not Ogwumike's fault, but healthy players should get the nod here over her. -- Cohen

If waiting your turn is what they said then Collier should have been sat out this cycle or used her on the 3x3 team this cycle ! Case closed… who does she replace KATIE LOU SAMUELSON !!!

So this All Star team is gonna smoke those old geezers on Team USA right?

DeWanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Kahleah Copper
Dearica Hamby
Brionna Jones
Jonquel Jones
Betnijah Laney
Arike Ogunbowale
Candace Parker
Satou Sabally
Courtney Vandersloot
Courtney Williams

DeWanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Kahleah Copper
Dearica Hamby
Brionna Jones
Jonquel Jones
Betnijah Laney
Arike Ogunbowale
Candace Parker
Satou Sabally
Courtney Vandersloot
Courtney Williams
What are you implying with this post?

Some of the players on this roster already play for other countries. Not sure they could have been selected to the USA team.

DeWanna Bonner
Liz Cambage
Kahleah Copper
Dearica Hamby
Brionna Jones
Jonquel Jones
Betnijah Laney
Arike Ogunbowale
Candace Parker
Satou Sabally
Courtney Vandersloot
Courtney Williams

Hope so.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Some of the players on this roster already play for other countries. Not sure they could have been selected to the USA team.

If a player play for another country that doesn't mean they can't play for another. It's just like transferring to another school and sitting out. Nneka had played for America even under 18 or 19 still counts. But, a player can not play for different countries in the same yr.

I may be crazy for posting again, but I have to bring something up. If you all are right, and Geno is influencing the make-up of this team, then there is a much bigger problem than him. He is just one man, do you really think he has that much influence to change the committees mind on selections? If that is the case, then as I said, there is a much bigger problem. First of all, you all know Dawn, do you think she would put up with that crap? She carries a pretty big stick now-a-days, and her opinion I believe would be just as strong as Genos. Maybe you should be looking at the rest of the committee if they are so easily influenced. It doesn't matter if its Geno, Dawn, or any individual, the whole committee should be replaced, and even expanded with coaches from around the country. I also believe it should not have previous coaches, and the members should be changed periodically like they do with all the coaches in USA basketball. I also think it is strange that they have not named any alternates in case of injury.

If a player play for another country that doesn't mean they can't play for another. It's just like transferring to another school and sitting out. Nneka had played for America even under 18 or 19 still counts. But, a player can not play for different countries in the same yr.
Nneka is still out so she should not have been considered and yes I agree DT should not be on the team for same reasons.

ATT_WNBA-AS-Teams_4x5.jpg

Tonight on ESPN

I am taking CP3's team to make a statement to the OC

Let’s count how many times she whines and pouts and yells at the refs. And how many T’s she gets or should have gotten. Great player bad attitude.

Michael, Larry, Diana, etc....how many of the greats didn't do the same thing...It's called working the refs from the floor
But if it amuses you, go ahead, bring out the abacus

Michael, Larry, Diana, etc....how many of the greats didn't do the same thing...It's called working the refs from the floor
But if it amuses you, go ahead, bring out the abacus
I put Diana in the same category as Parker.

VN Store

Back