For New/Infrequent Posters – The Rules Thread

Gimme the pin stripes all day long. Might not sit well with some of the fans, but I really do love the look of UT orange on black.

I have always liked the pinstripes. However, I want them to wear whatever they can win in.

My initial impressions.. Very tough draw in the regional in all the seed lines. Could argue they are the top of the respective seeds. They did get breaks though after. I was scared of drawing Florida in the supers. We could get Oregon. Won’t see Vandy or Arkansas until the National Championship game. I like our chances with Dallas and Tidwell on the bump games 1 and 2.

I have a suggestion, maybe one of you old timers could start a thread discussing some of the history of Vols baseball. It would be fun to hear your guys take on some of the highs and lows you all have experienced through the years following the team.

I have a suggestion for a rule. There are individuals on this forum who have differences of opinion on politics and cultural issues. We are all sports fans regardless of our political leanings, and it seems to me that we should leave politics out of our forum and concentrate on the one thing we agree on: a love for UT sports.
I personally could care less if you are a Democrat or a Republican. I spend most of my time on the basketball forum, and I would participate even more if we could argue about recruiting, coaching, and style of play and NOT bring politics into everything.
Our nation is really divided right now because of Facebook, Twitter, and the news media, and I am getting tired of all the unnecessary division that we are forced to confront each and every day....

thought towards NIL rules with the baseball scholarship situation..

The way Vanderbilt cover tuition with endowment, NIL could make up for that with schools who are still at a scholarship disadvantage.

taking the same process with boosters/bag men, where the coach is insulated from the process, let it be known, whatever tuition you have left, will be covered in a “sponsorship” or agreement with a certain business, that covers remaining cost, it’s a off the books/loophole towards advancing the program. i’m sure there are Knoxville/UT related businesses that would make deals with players/let it be known that even thought you’re getting 1/7th of a scholarship, you’re basically on full scholarship + some. cuts out the NCAA/title IX issues with Baseball rules

youll-get-nothing-and-like-it-1-png.435392

My ex used to say that. He was wrong.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
K. So I don't know much about collegiate baseball. Watched a lot of Braves games.
Don’t say I didn’t warn ya! I started lurking about 2 years ago, posting last season and now, I’m sitting on my couch on a Monday afternoon, watching a replay of Texas vs Alabama... “scouting future opponents!”
🤓🤦‍♂️
You’ll like it around these parts and get hooked pretty quick.
Lots of good peeps on this side.
GBO!!

Don’t say I didn’t warn ya! I started lurking about 2 years ago, posting last season and now, I’m sitting on my couch on a Monday afternoon, watching a replay of Texas vs Alabama... “scouting future opponents!”
🤓🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

Yeah man, it’s addicting!

🤓🤦‍♂️
GBO!!
You were a Noob once?

🤓🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

Let me know when you find some good peeps around here.

VN Store

Back