The Golf Thread

I saw that. Ridiculous that the players weren't surrounded by security in the final group.
That reminded me of the raid on the capitol. American fans have no class. It was a golf event not a soccer event. :eek: It was embarrassing!!!!

PS. I always like the idiots that yell, "In the hole", when the player is on a par 5 tee. o_O

That reminded me of the raid on the capitol. American fans have no class. It was a golf event not a soccer event. :eek: It was embarrassing!!!!

PS. I always like the idiots that yell, "In the hole", when the player is on a par 5 tee. o_O

Lulz. Like the streakers on the golf courses in Europe or the ones storming the course and jumping in and over the burns. Stay classy.

Wow!!! Just wow. You telling me that there couldn't be a better remedy than just WD? It's a golf course... just make him the very last to tee off, just by himself.

Wow!!! Just wow. You telling me that there couldn't be a better remedy than just WD? It's a golf course... just make him the very last to tee off, just by himself.

What a complete load of bs. They may as well shut the tournament down for “safety” purposes.

Big things are happening at Augusta National. The weird shaped sand trap is in front of the 10th green. The 11th tee is off to the right. The 14th green is the green one. The 17th green (top left) isn’t green and has the 2 traps.
CDF4458F-51E4-4C18-A8F7-1D542206EB83.jpeg

Maybe they’re doing a new tee box for 15.

That makes sense. They are changing #s 11 and 15. They bought property from the Augusta Country Club several years ago which is just beyond #11 (to the left) so the tee for #11 might also be changing. I wonder if they’d move the 11th tee to the other side of the creek. #15 has been an easy birdie as a par 5 (as long as the green wasn’t super slippery).

That makes sense. They are changing #s 11 and 15. They bought property from the Augusta Country Club several years ago which is just beyond #11 (to the left) so the tee for #11 might also be changing. I wonder if they’d move the 11th tee to the other side of the creek. #15 has been an easy birdie as a par 5 (as long as the green wasn’t super slippery).

It’s hard to believe they would make 11 longer. Maybe shift the box a little, I doubt as far as you’re suggesting, and fill in the corridor to the right of the fairway beyond the trees with a few more trees.

It’s hard to believe they would make 11 longer. Maybe shift the box a little, I doubt as far as you’re suggesting, and fill in the corridor to the right of the fairway beyond the trees with a few more trees.

I wish that the patrons hadn’t been pushed so far back from the landing zone for #11 tee shots. The rope used to be right at the edge of the fairway.

I think that they are also putting in trees at #13 to force drives up the hill to the right and to prevent staying left just above the creek. Between changes at #13 and #15 they are eliminating a lot of eagle opportunities.

I wish that the patrons hadn’t been pushed so far back from the landing zone for #11 tee shots. The rope used to be right at the edge of the fairway.

I think that they are also putting in trees at #13 to force drives up the hill to the right and to prevent staying left just above the creek. Between changes at #13 and #15 they are eliminating a lot of eagle opportunities.

I don’t get why they feel the need to change every year and the course is plenty long already. I liked the 7th when it was shorter and other holes like 4, 5, 11, and even 18 have almost no appeal anymore.

VN Store

Back