The Golf Thread

They won’t. It goes by the order that they finish chronologically. Bryson was one of the first guys to finish at Even and there were several more that got done before Koepka finished.
Pairings are always by the stated protocol. It's amazing at how many fans think it's arbitrary

Torrey pines isn’t my favorite course to watch but they don’t usually get too crazy there. Must be hard to grow the rough 3 ft there.
I just hate watching pros struggle to make pars on 25 yard wide fairways, 6 inch rough and hard, dead greens.

Reactions: C-south
Their quest at some courses to make Par the winning score is awful.

I’m trying to think of the best US Open that hasn’t been marred by the USGA ruining the course. The last couple at Torrey have been ok which leads me to believe they’re limited on what they actually do there. Actually ever since the broccoli greens at Chambers Bay they’ve been ok.

I’m trying to think of the best US Open that hasn’t been marred by the USGA ruining the course. The last couple at Torrey have been ok which leads me to believe they’re limited on what they actually do there. Actually ever since the broccoli greens at Chambers Bay they’ve been ok.
Chambers Bay was so bad that it probably led to more moderate setups for years to come. Those greens were a disaster.

Reactions: C-south
Chambers Bay was so bad that it probably led to more moderate setups for years to come. Those greens were a disaster.

Yea they supposedly redid the greens. Shinnecock was pretty bad too I about forgot about it. They should let these iconic courses defend themselves.

Reactions: GAVol
Yea they supposedly redid the greens. Shinnecock was pretty bad too I about forgot about it. They should let these iconic courses defend themselves.
Could not agree more. Everybody understands if they grow the rough out a little, squeeze the fairways or stretch the course out. It’s when the greens are odd colored bricks by the weekend at some of these places and they’re basically growing hay 3 feet off the greens and fairways that everybody rolls their eyes.

Could not agree more. Everybody understands if they grow the rough out a little, squeeze the fairways or stretch the course out. It’s when the greens are odd colored bricks by the weekend at some of these places and they’re basically growing hay 3 feet off the greens and fairways that everybody rolls their eyes.

I forget the course in Oklahoma where they had to water the green about every other group just to make it playable. It was ridiculous. Courses like Shinnecock, Oakmont, Winged Foot, etc don’t need all that bs to make them a tough test.

I forget the course in Oklahoma where they had to water the green about every other group just to make it playable. It was ridiculous. Courses like Shinnecock, Oakmont, Winged Foot, etc don’t need all that bs to make them a tough test.
Southern Hills

Reactions: peaygolf
Is it just me or does the online leaderboard just SUCK? The Masters would change with every hole finish by each player almost instantly, and it seems this tournament is 2 holes behind.

Morikawa, McIlroy, and Mackenzie are all pretty much out of it barring a miracle. Koepka definitely doesn’t have a chance. Bryson is in big trouble. Pretty much between Rahm and Oosthuizen at this point.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back