TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

The latest that annoyed people here was that he tweeted he was grateful for being one year sober. Prior to that, he tweeted congrats to Henry T. when he transferred to Bama. There have been other tweets that I don't recall, but the gist is that he tweets dramatic stuff that make him look bad.
Sobriety and congratulating his friend.

What an awful human being 😭

The latest that annoyed people here was that he tweeted he was grateful for being one year sober. Prior to that, he tweeted congrats to Henry T. when he transferred to Bama. There have been other tweets that I don't recall, but the gist is that he tweets dramatic stuff that make him look bad.
I have zero problem with him celebrating recovery, and I think the people that do are stupid, but I have a lot of problems with other dumb crap he has posted, and I think most of that stuff is stupid too.

Reactions: PA Vol
Not arguing that point at all. Arguing that it is ridiculous the lengths people will go to get in digs on him. This is Salter's thread. We got good news. Nope, can't enjoy it because numbnuts have to push their own stupid agendas. Not calling you a numbnuts, ftr.
I root hard for Maurer and have since he became a Vol, but he makes it hard sometimes, and most of the time I don't blame the folks that are tired of his brainfarts. I agree that this was not the place to drag him up though.

Sobriety and congratulating his friend.

What an awful human being 😭
Congratulating his "friend"? Some friend that bails on his team and a huge fanbase...

Maurer should have let that one go, or at least not seemed so exuberant about it. It makes it feel like he has just as much disdain for us as Toot.

Congratulating his "friend"? Some friend that bails on his team and a huge fanbase...

Maurer should have let that one go, or at least not seemed so exuberant about it. It makes it feel like he has just as much disdain for us as Toot.
Honestly, the thing to do would've been to congratulate him in person or with a phone call. I don't think he was trying to piss anyone off but I admit, he was being a bit tone deaf considering the fanbase he's dealing with. At the same time though, I guess I'm just a little amazed at how easily folks can be triggered these days..

Hopefully Heuple and Golesh and Halzle can elevate someone in this crowd to a productive level. No one really cares who it is as long as they produce. I would root for the walk-on field goal holder if he could play.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Hopefully Heuple and Golesh and Halzle can elevate someone in this crowd to a productive level. No one really cares who it is as long as they produce. I would root for the walk-on field goal holder if he could play.
This. Whoever can make good decisions and hit open receivers is my guy lol. Win and Win now is the game.

Reactions: WarMachine
We've just been conditioned by coaches not developing that position, and picking the wrong guys to put out there lol.

Heuple is familiar with him while recruiting him previously. He would not waste a scholarship on him if he wasn't confidant that he would be the man.

This is not even close to true. So far Milton hasn't showed he could win in the Big 10, much less the SEC. He brought him in to compete for the job and add Competition to the QB room. I guarantee you he's not already being assumed as our starting QB. Anyone who watched him play last year will tell you he's far from being ready to be a winning college QB. Very far from it.

Salter has just as good a shot to start as Milton does. Bailey should be the front runner imo, but apparently he sucks in practice and is a “pusher” both of which apparently make it tough for him to put points on the board when it matters.

Been oft repeated, but the axiom “he didn’t transfer here to sit on the bench” has even more often been quashed. You’re not guaranteed anything more than a shot at competing when you transfer. It applied to Keller Chryst and unless many of us are wrong about Heupel’s offensive mind in comparison to Pruitt, it applies now.

Salter has just as good a shot to start as Milton does. Bailey should be the front runner imo, but apparently he sucks in practice and is a “pusher” both of which apparently make it tough for him to put points on the board when it matters.
How do you figure? One has starts in major CFB games and has been recruited by CJH twice. The other is a true freshman coming off of suspension with no ties to the staff other than coincidence that they are both here.

Nothing against Salter, but those situations are hardly similar.

How do you figure? One has starts in major CFB games and has been recruited by CJH twice. The other is a true freshman coming off of suspension with no ties to the staff other than coincidence that they are both here.

Nothing against Salter, but those situations are hardly similar.
Because none of that matters. Salter will have had the playbook longer. Both will be getting the same Summer and Fall camp. If one of them balls out then that guy will be the starter. Milton’s current resume isn’t exactly stunning. If “games started in a major conference” were a good metric of potential success then we should all be sad that JG left. We’re not. It’s not. “Ties to the staff” also doesn’t matter. Now that he’s on campus the only thing that will determine who starts is who throws the best ball.

Because none of that matters. Salter will have had the playbook longer. Both will be getting the same Summer and Fall camp. If one of them balls out then that guy will be the starter. Milton’s current resume isn’t exactly stunning. If “games started in a major conference” were a good metric of potential success then we should all be sad that JG left. We’re not. It’s not. “Ties to the staff” also doesn’t matter. Now that he’s on campus the only thing that will determine who starts is who throws the best ball.
lol

Reactions: Smokeytom
Not gonna matter much. HB will be backup this season to Milton.

Don't know what will happen to Hooker. Maurer will probably transfer unless Salter leaves first.

If Maurer is not first or second I think he will transfer. Just a prediction but he may want get closer to home (Ocala) and transfer to USF.

You know what they say about opinions, so fair enough man. I just think it's crazy to act like CJH giving him an extremely high value transfer spot with as many holes as we had on defense at the time means nothing.

The fact that the spot was offered and then taken pretty much confirms in my eyes that CJH and Milton both expect him to be in the mix for the job.

Having the playbook means very little. Salter will have had the playbook for a month longer than Milton, while they can both stare at it for an entire Summer with neither taking a single snap in the system.

You know what they say about opinions, so fair enough man. I just think it's crazy to act like CJH giving him an extremely high value transfer spot with as many holes as we had on defense at the time means nothing.

The fact that the spot was offered and then taken pretty much confirms in my eyes that CJH and Milton both expect him to be in the mix for the job.

Having the playbook means very little. Salter will have had the playbook for a month longer than Milton, while they can both stare at it for an entire Summer with neither taking a single snap in the system.
All I’m saying about Salter is that he’ll be just as “in the mix” as Milton.

VN Store

Back