TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

i feel like this forum has just crowned Bailey the savior of UT football since he was in highschool. thats all. i dont believe in that.
That's funny...I feel like Bailey has been slighted for no good logical reason by half this board since he joined the team. I want him to do well...I want them all to do well.

I think Bailey got screwed over by two things..Covid screwing up all of spring practice, and Pruitts stupid staff ignoring his training in favor of going all in Gaurantano. Between them he was set back a year at least.

I agree, but these are still kids. Some with very underdeveloped coping skills. I don't expect many people to be empathetic to that point, just making the point anyway.
It must really suck being a kid in this day and age with social media. I’m glad nobody got to comment about all the dumb crap I did as a kid.

To be fair...I have been a Maurer fan since we were recruiting him...but he has brought all this on himself.
Not arguing that point at all. Arguing that it is ridiculous the lengths people will go to get in digs on him. This is Salter's thread. We got good news. Nope, can't enjoy it because numbnuts have to push their own stupid agendas. Not calling you a numbnuts, ftr.

I've been pretty checked out on this football program following the annual firing/hiring process. What has Maurer done to fall from grace?
The latest that annoyed people here was that he tweeted he was grateful for being one year sober. Prior to that, he tweeted congrats to Henry T. when he transferred to Bama. There have been other tweets that I don't recall, but the gist is that he tweets dramatic stuff that make him look bad.

Not arguing that point at all. Arguing that it is ridiculous the lengths people will go to get in digs on him. This is Salter's thread. We got good news. Nope, can't enjoy it because numbnuts have to push their own stupid agendas. Not calling you a numbnuts, ftr.

100% this. It's really sad at times. Enjoy they chose to be Vols even if/when their flaws are exposed. We are no different. Leave the narratives out.

The latest that annoyed people here was that he tweeted he was grateful for being one year sober. Prior to that, he tweeted congrats to Henry T. when he transferred to Bama. There have been other tweets that I don't recall, but the gist is that he tweets dramatic stuff that make him look bad.
Celebrating sobriety is taboo, now? Man, seems a bit harsh. The Henry T tweet was probably in poor form from afar, but these players have a different relationship with each other than the fans do.

If that's the worst of it, it seems like nitpicking.

I tend to disagree mainly because a lot of people tend to get offended over things they really shouldn't be offended by..
I don’t think offended is the right word from my perspective. It’s not showing the judgement and maturity I’d like to see out of a franchise QB, leader of the team.

I don’t think offended is the right word from my perspective. It’s not showing the judgement and maturity I’d like to see out of a franchise QB, leader of the team.
Specifically related to what? As I said in another post, I’ve been pretty checked out on this program since the Pruitt firing (which I hate to say, but I’m just being honest), so I’ve not paid a whole lot of attention to what he’s done to sour the fans.

I don't disagree with that, but some reactions on here tend to be extreme, hence my belief some are getting offended.

That's funny...I feel like Bailey has been slighted for no good logical reason by half this board since he joined the team. I want him to do well...I want them all to do well.

I think Bailey got screwed over by two things..Covid screwing up all of spring practice, and Pruitts stupid staff ignoring his training in favor of going all in Gaurantano. Between them he was set back a year at least.
Covid had very little bearing on Bailey’s develop. He only missed three practices. Pruitt is to blame 100%. He considered Bailey 4th string after one practice and decided he wasn’t worth the time to develop in the fall before the season started.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74

Exactly!

Not gonna matter much. HB will be backup this season to Milton.

Don't know what will happen to Hooker. Maurer will probably transfer unless Salter leaves first.

VN Store

Back