Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, when that happens I might start watching the NBA again.
Going to wait until the best player in 20 years retires to watch again??

He take your girl or something? You're missing out on an absolutely great time in the NBA. Steph, Luka, Giannis, Harden, Nikola, Kawhi even outside of Lebron himself. Lot of great ball right now and maybe more exciting than ever with the spread out offensive schemes. Steph alone is worth watching on a nightly basis. Jmo

He take your girl or something? You're missing out on an absolutely great time in the NBA. Steph, Luka, Giannis, Harden, Nikola, Kawhi even outside of Lebron himself. Lot of great ball right now and maybe more exciting than ever with the spread out offensive schemes. Steph alone is worth watching on a nightly basis. Jmo
I’m ok with Curry, Leonard, Luka might be the best player in the league now.

It is garbage..it is literally a three point contest, and that is it. All the other subtleties of the game that made the game great are dead. I am sorry you don't know what real BB was like to watch.

I can’t watch Harden...just can’t. Doesn’t pass, travels half the time.

This "no heart/ killer instict" argument your generation has is completely dumbfounded. There's literally 0 basis for this made up trait. Lebron's almost 40 and still dominates because of how much work he's put into his body/ game over time. Sounds like "heart" to me. Lebron has more buzzer-beater shots than Magic and Bird (1 less than Kobe, 2 less than MJ). Sounds like a "killer instinct" to me.
He has played about 300 more games than MJ But keep trying.

Not sure about Russell, but the rest lost at least a couple of Finals.
Rings?...no one can even see Russell, he's so far away. The man has enough rings for all his fingers, and one to wear on a chain around his neck.

Russell played 13 seasons, won 11 titles. I can't even wrap my head around that. And!! The 10 and 11th...I think he was also the coach!!

It is garbage..it is literally a three point contest, and that is it. All the other subtleties of the game that made the game great are dead. I am sorry you don't know what real BB was like to watch.
"Real BB"? Is that like "real FB" where guys mashed together with FBs and 9 man fronts and the forward pass didn't exist? Or "real war" where men marched towards one another until they could shoot each other point blank?

The game has simply evolved and moved toward what wins/is more efficient. If the sport doesn't like it, they should take the 3 point line away. But people like it. Nobody really wants to go back to jump shots, short shorts, and underhanded free throws.

Looks like I'm going to the South Carolina game this year. First time taking my GF to Knoxville! Probably swing by Asheville. Should be pretty nice in October up there. Could be a pretty close game too 😬
That'll be a nice trip. Asheville is one of my favorite places. Don't be a Debbie Downer on it...enjoy yourself, and being with your lady.

And yea I’m going to wait until the most overrated player retires. He needs to stick to basketball and stay out of politics.
No going back. Young men are going to keep talking about things that affect their communities whether people like it or not. MJ said he regrets not doing the same. Just like UT football players marching last year. Not that the lives of minorities is/should be political. It's just a human issue.

Really good news. Wanted to thank folks for your prayers for my BIL and his sister. So far it appears the Lord is providing the healing we requested. Her husband's funeral was scheduled for Friday. They have asked for it to be pushed back a couple of days as it looks like she is recovering well enough to attend. From 40's on her oxygen reading, terribly sick, and being in the ICU to being able to leave the hospital in less than a week is nothing short of a miracle with COVID. Praise the Lord and the hospital staff. Again, much appreciation from my VN friends for your thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back