Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me seeing all of these LeBron/MJ posts again.

1QIn.gif

I don't think the NBA has really taken huge leaps forward athletically compared to the 80s/90s era. Has the game changed, yeah it has. But if you think the stars of the 80s/90s wouldn't benefit from the way defense is played now (nearly not at all) then you're high as hell.

Now the 60s/70s era basketball players...I think you have a point, most wouldn't be nearly as dominate as they were in their day.
I'd ignorantly agree. I'm not sure how much nutrition/training has jumped in ~25 years (obviously a good bit, but not sure if by leaps and bounds). That said, the competition has grown leaps and bounds and continues to do so. Players from all over the world are taking over now. White American players hardly even exist on starting rosters, just as an example of how much more worldwide competition there is these days. Way more applicants for each position. These are the best athletes from all over the world playing these days.

Please say a prayer for my wife and her family. Her brother has been in ICU with Covid. The doctor has let his wife know it is in God's hands now. Both his parents are absolutely devastated.
Sorry to hear that man. We gotta get this crap under control. Prayers sent.

If players like Charles Barkley and Glen Rice were averaging 25+, then i can promise Lebron, a 2x better scorer, would as well. You're making yourself look dumb at this point.
Lmao are you sure about that? Because you just named two of the best mid range shooters of that entire generation. Almost all the top scorers of that era were phenomenal mid range shooters.

If I say, "you're making yourself look dumb at this point," do I win the argument? Is that how it works?

Without Pippen MJ doesn't win 6 wings. Without Kareem Magic doesn't win 5. It's a team game.
But that team was built and played together for years. MJ did not have to jump from team to team and get other players to join him like Bron did. I am not even a MJ fan but the fact remains that MJ is the GOAT. Lakers, the same way they were built and played together. Sounds like you started watching basketball when Bron went to Miami. NBA today cant compare to the NBA of 80s and 90s

I'm assuming you can do a commercial, sell autograph. etc. Talk me out of this. Why not? (and certainly be a good recruiting tool)
50 nameless fans request $1000 worth of autographs as soon as any player signs with UT.

Local car dealership says all signees who agree to be on a poster in the lobby get a free Dodge Challenger.

I also don't see how this doesn't devolve into just immediately using boosters to legally pay players under the table. Unless the NCAA is going to step in and set caps on what players' NIL is actually worth.

Fwiw Callahan said we have a steady 4 spots the other day. Believe that was before the Mitchell commitment.
That scenario would mean we had 5 before the Milton commitment. We released Washington from his LOI so maybe we stay at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back