Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on VQ. Would be interested in the RF thoughts:

Just looking over the roster, who do you think gets drafted off of this team? I'm not going to count any of the freshman class because we haven't seen them (except Salter for reasons mentioned below), but just looking at potential, these are my thoughts:

No brainer
There's only one in this category unfortunately:

Cade Mays. He'll be picked in the first few rounds, probably the second next year.

Highly Likely:

HB/Milton/Salter. One of these three will be drafted off of this team if not more than one. I only say that because Heup's reputation. He will get one of these guys to the league. That's what he does. He develop's QB's.

Velus Jones. I believe that he's going to have a breakout year. Has the speed and measurables, played in a bad offense last year. He's going to put up big numbers in this offense and become a late round pick somewhere.

Jalin Hyatt. Again, elite measurables. Needs to add some size, but has all the speed. This is a kid who will be our number 1 receiver sooner rather than later. He's going to be a star in this offense with his speed and running Heup's system. Will be a pick in the first 3 rounds imo when he's eligible.

Darnell Wright. Kid has the talent, size, and mobility. Word out of camp is that he's having his best spring. 2 years under Elarbee and he will be picked and picked somewhere in rounds 2-4 imo.

Probable:

Tyler Baron. I believe this is another kid that has tons of talent and just needs development and experience. He's very strong, has the work ethic, and is already stepping up as a leader on this team. I expect big things from him over the next couple of years and I predict he ends up being taken in the draft.

Calloway/Holiday. Similar to the QB's above, one of these two, if not both, will end up being really good players here. Again, you can't teach 4.3 speed, and these two guys have it. They will be big players in this offense, if not this year, next year especially. Both have received rave reviews and will make an impact on the field. NFL teams love speed and these two guys have it. I bet one or both are picked up in the draft by the time they're done here.

Beckwith: Again, elite athlete. Whether he's a TE, RB, or receiver, Heup will find a way to get him the ball in space, and he's going to impress. He'll be a very good player here imo and will end up getting taken in the draft.

Bryson Eason. Has the size of a DE but the speed and quickness of a LB. He's going to have a breakout season this year on our DL and he's just a sophomore. 2 more years under Garner and he will be taken in the draft.

Tamarion McDonald. A guy we took a flyer on in order to get Eason. Will be starting at safety this year and has 3 years remaining. Has great ball skills, tackling ability, and instincts. Will be one of those guys that Willy Moe puts in the league if he continues to develop.

Jabari Small. A guy who was probably the best pure RB on our roster last year, but Jermy wouldn't play him. He's going to have a big year this year will have a chance to get drafted by the time he's finished at TN imo.

Spraggins. That dude is going to be a stud. Started some last year even as a freshman. I believe this kid will be a very good player in this league which will lead to him likely getting drafted. I mean, teams took long snappers last week. Spraggins is going to be a very good OG.

(Yes I know a lot of these are projections that's why they're in the probable category).

Needs a big year:

Alontae. Taylor has the speed and tackling ability. But if he wants to get drafted, he's going to have to truly breakout this year. I thought he was going to last year after the first few games when he was playing well, but he began struggling again. Hopefully Banks can get enough out of him that an NFL team takes a chance on him. Likely UDFA.

Princeton Fant. This is one that I asked the guys about in the chat last night. I believe he has a shot. He is a great athlete. Has speed, can run good routes, and has good hands, but has not played in a TE friendly offense and he had a QB who couldn't throw the ball over the middle. Once HB was inserted he became much more of a factor in the offense. Golesh really turned around the TE position at Iowa State when he was there. If he can do the same thing here, Princeton may have a shot with a breakout season. He's one to keep an eye on imo.

Young guys too early to tell:

We'll see what becomes of Big O, Morven Joseph, Roman Harrison, Elijah Simmons, and Cooper Mays,

Hyatt, Bailey, Mays, Taylor, Fant, and Small.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
So...are you a Heat fan or a Suns fan?
giphy.gif

Lebron's shooting 36% from deep at 6 attempts lol.

Also:
Everyone has a highlight reel, but reality is he's only shooting 36% from mid range this year, and has only bested the 40% mark 4 times in his career, and never over 45%, and with not nearly as many mid range shots as Jordan put up. His career average is roughly 38% from mid range. LBJ is an average shooter at best.
LeBron James

Meanwhile, Jordan had seasons near 50% from mid range, and is the most efficient scorer of all time. LBJ is nowhere close to Jordan when considering pure basketball skill.
Why Michael Jordan's scoring prowess still can't be touched

Everyone has a highlight reel, but reality is he's only shooting 36% from mid range this year, and has only bested the 40% mark 4 times in his career, and never over 45%, and with not nearly as many mid range shots as Jordan put up. His career average is roughly 38% from mid range. LBJ is an average shooter at best.
LeBron James

Meanwhile, Jordan had seasons near 50% from mid range, and is the most efficient scorer of all time. LBJ is nowhere close to Jordan when considering pure basketball skill.
Why Michael Jordan's scoring prowess still can't be touched

Nobody was arguing Lebron is a better scorer/ shooter than MJ. You said Lebron would need more skill to score in the 90's. He has that.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Lebron built his teams. Krause built Jordan's teams. What's the difference? Both had stacked teams. Lebron's played against way better teams as well. That's objectively true.

View attachment 366077
Lebum went to teams with stars. That is the only reason he has a championship. Miami and last year with the lakers. Without Kyrie Lebum does not win one in Cleveland.

If Lebron played in that era, I would imagine he would have a different mindset. Ya'll act like LB is excusively the only player in the league that flops/ cries for calls, everybody does it. Even Jordan was known for crying to refs. He was 6'8/ 270 and ran a 4.4 with a 40 inch vert. Nobody in the league was stopping that.
Been caught on film numerous times with the clown act. Show me Jordan faking it and I’ll agree with your point...but no time machines.

Nobody was arguing Lebron is a better scorer/ shooter than MJ. You said Lebron would need more skill to score in the 90's. He has that.
Lol yeah he probably has enough skill to be a 20 and 10 player in those days. He's not coming anywhere close to 30ppg with those shooting numbers (skill numbers).

Reactions: #1GatorHater
If Lebron played in that era, I would imagine he would have a different mindset. Ya'll act like LB is excusively the only player in the league that flops/ cries for calls, everybody does it. Even Jordan was known for crying to refs. He was 6'8/ 270 and ran a 4.4 with a 40 inch vert. Nobody in the league was stopping that.

6’6” about 220...maybe...

Reactions: Fun coupon VOL
In the chat, Price admitted he was wrong on available spots. He had said we have two available...now it’s up to a vague “several”. Something about we didn’t get back ALL of the lost counters...but more than he previously believed.
Fwiw Callahan said we have a steady 4 spots the other day. Believe that was before the Mitchell commitment.

Lol yeah he probably has enough skill to be a 20 and 10 player in those days. He's not coming anywhere close to 30ppg with those shooting numbers (skill numbers).
If players like Charles Barkley and Glen Rice were averaging 25+, then i can promise Lebron, a 2x better scorer, would as well. You're making yourself look dumb at this point.

You haven't watched an NBA game in probably a decade, and that's ok. Just keep your NBA opinions to yourself when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Or he can do whatever he wants and you’ll pretend you’re just letting it happen?

Reactions: StoVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back