Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done. And understand all too well.

My BIL just lost his BIL to it yesterday morning. His BIL had cancer and was an amputee. Fought hard, but went on to be with the Lord. The hard part is that his caregiving wife, my BIL's sister with whom he is very close, also contracted the disease and is critical in the same ICU in which her husband just passed. They did get to spend time together the day before he passed. Prayers requested for her and my BIL's family during all this. Much appreciated.

FWIW, his sister did not go to the doc when she first started having respiratory issues because she was so wrapped up in caring for her husband. Her oxygen had dropped into the 40's when she was admitted. Touch and go, but has made it a couple of days since admission.
Wow...prayers for them and you all.

I quoted you, but that was meant as general question not specifically to you (didn't mean to offend). My thinking as that certain QB's like Brady and Montana became great with mentors and systems which took them to a next level. Then there are QB's like Manning and Elway who had the greatness from the start and were going to be great in any system but were hampered more in their careers by being drafted by teams who weren't as good, had inferior talent around them (to start), and inferior coaching at times, but their greatness was able to overcome even that.
Manning and Elway and Marino were the system.

I remember you guys crying about me brining basketball talk in here. Wah, wah, wah, is all I heard. One dude even cussed me out he got so mad at my dead on accurate statements about Lebum. And yet, y'all are talking basketball and I bring some actual football discussion, and y'all don't want anything to do with it. Hypocrites. The lot of you.

Hey, I gave you a like. But other than adding a few names to the book you wrote I've really got no disagreement with your assessments.

I think the OL & DL roster will produce more draft picks than most people think because those two positional coaches are fantastic talent developers. I pulled the numbers on how many OL guys Glenn helped get drafted and it was pretty impressive. Missouri has only had 3 OL go since 2010, 2 played for Elarbee.

Not offended, but Peyton Manning's my favorite player to ever lace 'em up. It's never a "who" am I taking.

But even with that being true when the debate is "who is the best ever" you have to look at their results from their career. Cause based on potential and "equal teams around them" it's going to come down to individual preferences. I know people who would say Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, John Elway, etc.
And that's what makes sports great!!

I remember you guys crying about me brining basketball talk in here. Wah, wah, wah, is all I heard. One dude even cussed me out he got so mad at my dead on accurate statements about Lebum. And yet, y'all are talking basketball and I bring some actual football discussion, and y'all don't want anything to do with it. Hypocrites. The lot of you.
I’d much rather here football talk than basketball any day so thank you

Hey, I gave you a like. But other than adding a few names to the book you wrote I've really got no disagreement with your assessments.

I think the OL & DL roster will produce more draft picks than most people think because those two positional coaches are fantastic talent developers. I pulled the numbers on how many OL guys Glenn helped get drafted and it was pretty impressive. Missouri has only had 3 OL go since 2010, 2 played for Elarbee.
He also had his entire OL at UCF as first or second teamers for that conference. That is super impressive

Manning and Elway and Marino were the system.

You and UTM aren't saying anything I haven't said. I just meant that since Brady won a 7th in Tampa I don't engage in the debate of "who is the best ever" with people that say Brady. Cause to me there will never be anyone better than Peyton, but I also know I've got personal bias tied into that opinion.

Done. And understand all too well.

My BIL just lost his BIL to it yesterday morning. His BIL had cancer and was an amputee. Fought hard, but went on to be with the Lord. The hard part is that his caregiving wife, my BIL's sister with whom he is very close, also contracted the disease and is critical in the same ICU in which her husband just passed. They did get to spend time together the day before he passed. Prayers requested for her and my BIL's family during all this. Much appreciated.

FWIW, his sister did not go to the doc when she first started having respiratory issues because she was so wrapped up in caring for her husband. Her oxygen had dropped into the 40's when she was admitted. Touch and go, but has made it a couple of days since admission.
So very sorry, friend. Such an awful situation. Prayers for all of you. May the Lord, our God, lift you up, heal your BIL's sister and give all of you peace and comfort in this very trying time.

wah wah wah.

Let's talk baseball. Braves and Cubs suck. Moving on.

So very sorry, friend. Such an awful situation. Prayers for all of you. May the Lord, our God, lift you up, heal your BIL's sister and give all of you peace and comfort in this very trying time.

Thank you, bud. My BIL is really hurting. He comes from a large family. His mother died in her 50's and dad was murdered when he was young. So this sister has been like a mom to him at times. Just a rough situation.

Stop bringing football and basketball facts in here. We’re a baseball school now.

True, Manning could have played better in some of those games; but, it's lost how great he played in the games the D didn't show. Also, people remember the int in the SB against the Saints; but, Manning played a hell of a game, for what little time he was on the field...the D could never get off the field...at one point, the Saints had the ball for an hour of TV time, that's insane. Too, people forget the Garcon drop that would've been a TD, and put the game away.

I agree completely. Peyton and Rodgers are way more talented than Brady. Brady is obviously insanely impressive and easily one of the best all time, but I can never call him such knowing that he is not nearly as talented as the likes of Manning or Rodgers. Everything sounds like an excuse for them but it's reality imo. They are way better players than Brady without the benefit of having great supporting casts around them.

Stop bringing football and basketball facts in here. We’re a baseball school now.

Baseball, softball, tennis, basketball. Pretty much everything except football. But our time is near.

81ef7c4e6f8bf2d973e8cd0e6f7f212a--go-vols-tennessee-titans.jpg

I've been unplugged from the orange vein of VN for a minute... I sort of expected to hear more about Omari Thomas this spring. Have I missed 2500 pages of discussion about him or has he just been under the radar?

Way to reach, but I'm the delusional one. Okay.

The NBA championship isn't won in the regular season. Point is Lebron's legacy isn't anywhere near that of MJ, he bounced around and built super teams at every spot he was at to compete for championships. And despite doing so has a finals record of 4-6, what's even crazier is even with his 3 different super teams he hand picked he's never swept a Finals.

2007 NBA Finals Cavs vs Spurs
Result: Spurs win 4-0
2011 NBA Finals Heat vs Mavs
Result: Mavs win 4-2
2012 NBA Finals Heat Vs OKC
Result: Heat win 4-1
2013 NBA Finals Heat vs Spurs
Result: Heat win 4-3

2014 NBA Finals Heat Vs Spurs
Result: Spurs win 4-3
2015 NBA Finals Cavs vs GSW
Result: GSW win 4-2
2016 NBA Finals Cavs vs GSW
Result: Cavs win 4-3

2017 NBA Finals Cavs vs GSW
Result: GSW won 4-1
2018 NBA Finals Cavs vs GSW
Result: GSW won 4-0
2020 NBA Finals Lakers vs Heat
Result: Lakers won 4-2

Lebron built his teams. Krause built Jordan's teams. What's the difference? Both had stacked teams. Lebron's played against way better teams as well. That's objectively true.

g7vmn1o505r01.jpg

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back