Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron built his teams. Krause built Jordan's teams. What's the difference? Both had stacked teams. Lebron's played against way better teams as well. That's objectively true.

View attachment 366077

6-0 in the finals is the difference.

You can fanboy for Lebron all you want. To me his legacy will never match MJ's though.

"Wilt used to work out with the Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) during the time when Arnold first came to the U.S. as a bodybuilder. Wilt got his bench press up to 500 pounds. Shaq could only bench about 450, probably less now.

When Wilt was 59 years old, he was STILL able to bench 465, which is more that Shaq has ever been able to do. Wilt was 63 when he died."

Wilt Chamberlain: Did he really play in a weak era?
With long basketball arms too… incredible

Reactions: m1al and hooter vol
6-0 in the finals is the difference.

You can fanboy for Lebron all you want. To me his legacy will never match MJ's though.
I laugh thinking about Lebron having to play one game against Bill Laimbeer. Objectively true my***. He's never had to play against someone who would check his punk ***.

Pippen would shut him down easy.

Magic would outplay him

Bird would have made him look like a fool

I laugh thinking about Lebron having to play one game against Bill Laimbeer. Objectively true my***. He's never had to play against someone who would check his punk ***.

Pippen would shut him down easy.

Magic would outplay him

Bird would have made him look like a fool

Prime Lebron had 30 pounds on Laimbeer LMFAOOOOOOOOOO. Just say you don't follow the NBA and sit down.

And later in his career, like Shaq, free throws.. He admitted later that he was a nut job when it came to free throws.. I read he used to be able to satnd at the top of the key (inside the key) and dunk from the foul line, until they made that illegal.. One of many rules changes attributed to Wilt.

I don't know why it is that some think that "freak athletic humans" haven't existed throughout the history of man..
He was a freak athlete for sure. I don’t think he would dunk from the free throw line though. He would miss on purpose and cross the line as soon as he shot it and then get his rebound and dunk is what I read. That’s why they changed the rule that the shooter couldn’t cross.

So by that logic, Bill Russell/ Kobe/ Kareem/ Duncan were all superior to Lebron.

What’s with everyone trying to change the debate these days?

MJ’s legacy is more impressive than Lebron’s to me. You’re free to disagree, and we can leave it at that. My logic is MJ is better than Lebron and I touched on his Finals success as one example of why I believe this to be true, that’s it. Hasn’t got anything to do with any other players besides MJ & Lebron, the only two I’ve been talking about.

I agree completely. Peyton and Rodgers are way more talented than Brady. Brady is obviously insanely impressive and easily one of the best all time, but I can never call him such knowing that he is not nearly as talented as the likes of Manning or Rodgers. Everything sounds like an excuse for them but it's reality imo. They are way better players than Brady without the benefit of having great supporting casts around them.
💯

Reactions: BigOrangeVols
You must be a puss like Lebron then if u let somebody with 30 lbs on you scare u. Laimbeer wasn't that guy

Lebron's never physically backed down to anybody. It took Jordan getting to 215 to physically play against Detroit. Lebron was 260-270.

Laimbeer would be a backup for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants if he played today.

Lebron's never physically backed down to anybody. It took Jordan getting to 215 to physically play against Detroit. Lebron was 260-270.

Laimbeer would a backup for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants if he played today.
You're not a smart man. Recency bias. You never saw any of these dudes play. You're too young to have any meaningful input

This Bill Laimbeer?

You do realize, that unlike today's professional sports landscape, those teams actually hated each other. Still do. The Bulls and Pistons teams despised each other and still do. I'm a Bad Boys fan, and don't doubt for a minute that they'd take any chance they can to slight MJ.

One last point - Lebron vs. the Bad Boys, would've been a non-starter regardless of players height/weight stats. With Detroit it was a mindset, they took on all comers regardless of size and put them on their ass! They'd have done the same to Bron Bron.

Not to mention, only one 1,000 yard rushing season by a RB in his entire career; and, I believe that was his last season.

Not true.
Faulk went for 1300+ his rookie year
Edge had 5 1000+ yard seasons
Rhodes barely hit 1k one year
Addai did it twice
Moreno once (only 1k rusher while with Denver)

Reactions: VolByLaw
Prime Lebron had 30 pounds on Laimbeer LMFAOOOOOOOOOO. Just say you don't follow the NBA and sit down.
Lebron has made a living being the most physical player in the age of finesse. He has one move to the basket. He would have to change his entire mindset to play back in the 90s. You think he goes his whole career with just a single high ankle sprain if he’s getting deck’d by every big man on every team every time he drives to the basket? And for that matter, how is he going to average 30ppg when he can’t just stroll through the lane, get breath’d on by the nearest defender, screech like a girl, and get a foul call? He’s not exactly a lights out shooter.

90s basketball translates way better to current basketball. All the superstars then would be superstars now because they wouldn’t have to worry about the hard fouls. I don’t think many players today would fair well back then. Too soft.

Anyone arguing that LBJ is the goat above MJ is just as respectable as someone arguing that Jake Paul is a better boxer than Sugar Ray
It's not even close. The statistics matter alot but the heart and clutch factor you can see in somebody. Best three I have seen are MJ , Bird, and Magic. At the end of a game they just had it

I never saw that heart in Lebron, just a crybaby puss vibe. Not someone I'd follow like the other 3

Obviously elite stars from different eras in sports would still be able to hold their own in today's games (for the most part), although most likely at a slightly lower level depending on the era. And you have freak exceptions like Wilt, MJ, etc. However, due to equipment, training, dieting, etc we have reached near peak physical performance for human beings. The question is how much bigger, faster, stronger can athletes become? You can compare athletes to their counterparts in their time, but a straight up comparison is not fair nor really valid. I'm sure a ton would disagree, but if you stick Trent Richardson in the NFL in 1975 he's one of the greatest RB's of all time.

Lebron has made a living being the most physical player in the age of finesse. He has one move to the basket. He would have to change his entire mindset to play back in the 90s. You think he goes his whole career with just a single high ankle sprain if he’s getting deck’d by every big man on every team every time he drives to the basket? And for that matter, how is he going to average 30ppg when he can’t just stroll through the lane, get breath’d on by the nearest defender, screech like a girl, and get a foul call? He’s not exactly a lights out shooter.

90s basketball translates way better to current basketball. All the superstars then would be superstars now because they wouldn’t have to worry about the hard fouls. I don’t think many players today would fair well back then. Too soft.

If Lebron played in that era, I would imagine he would have a different mindset. Ya'll act like LB is excusively the only player in the league that flops/ cries for calls, everybody does it. Even Jordan was known for crying to refs. He was 6'8/ 270 and ran a 4.4 with a 40 inch vert. Nobody in the league was stopping that.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back