The Official #3 Tennessee vs #2 Vandy Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 4PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

I hope our pitching l shows up that weekend or Arkansas can make it very ugly in a hurry!

That’s a fair point. By the time Arkansas comes to Knoxville I hope we have taken care of business the previous three weekends at TAMU, against UK and at Mizzou.

There’s only 4 midweek games left and I hope they let a couple guys like Rackers and Housely stretch out a little more than the one or so innings they have gotten so far, because we’re gonna need more options going forward.

We need to see some improvement at the plate as well. We need to Max out these next 3 weekends.

Another lie. I specifically said if Kumar’s velocity drop was permanent then he is beatable. You take that as questioning him because you are a damn Vandy fan. If it pisses you off that his velocity dropped 4-5 mph then call Burke and the other commentators that said it before I did. It wasn’t permanent but for 3 weeks he was 89-92 touching 93. Those were facts.

Another lie that I said Vandy doesn’t have a great hitting lineup. I told all that care that 3 of 4 scouts told me that their lineup hasn’t seen the best arms in the SEC and let’s see where they are when they get through the meat of their schedule. Again that pisses you off because you are a Vandy fan.

It’s okay AthensMeatball, you are allowed to come your team’s defense every single time anyone questions them. Just change your damn name because it’s misleading. After all you do take up for Vandy and their players a hell of a lot more than you do the Vols.
A) Your specific quote was “you seem to think Vandy has amazing hitters up and down the lineup and they simply don’t.” I’d say 7 out of 9 batting over .300 is a group of pretty amazing hitters.
B) I’m a Vandy fan? Guess that explains why I drive 8 hrs roundtrip every other weekend to Knoxville as a season ticket holder for UTK. I’m just delusional.
C) if calling you a moron for saying Kumar had lost his velocity is taking up for Vandy then so be it. You spout off so much BS you can’t even keep your BS straight.
D) Drop the scout I talked to ish. Them ignoring your pestering all weekend isn’t acknowledgment of your position.

That’s a fair point. By the time Arkansas comes to Knoxville I hope we have taken care of business the previous three weekends at TAMU, against UK and at Mizzou.

There’s only 4 midweek games left and I hope they let a couple guys like Rackers and Housely stretch out a little more than the one or so innings they have gotten so far, because we’re gonna need more options going forward.

We need to see some improvement at the plate as well. We need to Max out these next 3 weekends.
Exactly! We definitely have some time between now and then, and our pitchers have shown they can be pretty good. I too hope to see improvement at the plate. Enjoyed conversing with you all this weekend. Have a great week and I’ll see all of you next weekend. #GB⚾

A) Your specific quote was “you seem to think Vandy has amazing hitters up and down the lineup and they simply don’t.” I’d say 7 out of 9 batting over .300 is a group of pretty amazing hitters.
B) I’m a Vandy fan? Guess that explains why I drive 8 hrs roundtrip every other weekend to Knoxville as a season ticket holder for UTK. I’m just delusional.

Taking up for them again are you?
What I said came directly from scouts and you don’t discredit the baseball logic in their opinion (the arms they have hit well against and the arms they haven’t), you just go straight to defending Vandy and throwing shade at anyone that has legitimate questions about them. Exactly what a true Vandy fan would do. MEATBALL you may wear Orange but deep down you like Vandy and that’s okay.

Taking up for them again are you?
What I said came directly from scouts and you don’t discredit the baseball logic in their opinion (the arms they have hit well against and the arms they haven’t), you just go straight to defending Vandy and throwing shade at anyone that has legitimate questions about them. Exactly what a true Vandy fan would do. MEATBALL you may wear Orange but deep down you like Vandy and that’s okay.
You figured me out, time to come out of the closet, I’m a Vandy fan with a UTK diploma. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
My worthless thoughts on the weekend/first half.

- We just went 3-3 against the best team in college baseball and the pre-season #1 team, and you could argue we should have gone 4-2.
- We are on pace for 20(!) SEC wins. We are 3 years removed from being lucky to win 20 SEC games in two seasons.
-Connor Pavolony is a stud, and we need him back. He limits anyone’s ability to run.
-Gilbert and Beck are struggling. I have more confidence in Gilbert to break out due to his speed.
-I know some are down on Max, but he is too valuable in the field to remove. I am curious to know if Steenstra can play 1B. I think you could platoon him and Luc.
-I am a little concerned about Blade on Sunday’s. Obviously his stuff is fine, but hopefully he can find his confidence and be effective.
-Our losses to this point (Indiana Stx2, Charlotte, UGA, Alabama, UF, and Vanderbiltx2) are all respectable losses. Charlotte is currently 14-2 in Conference USA. Indiana St is ranked, and the SEC is what it is.
-Obviously a series loss is never ideal, but if you want a positive from this series I would say it is the fact that we did not have to have Connell or Hunley throw for an extended period of time. Those two needed a lighter weekend.
-I hope we are able to re-focus and handle business this week.

My worthless thoughts on the weekend/first half.

- We just went 3-3 against the best team in college baseball and the pre-season #1 team, and you could argue we should have gone 4-2.
- We are on pace for 20(!) SEC wins. We are 3 years removed from being lucky to win 20 SEC games in two seasons.
-Connor Pavolony is a stud, and we need him back. He limits anyone’s ability to run.
-Gilbert and Beck are struggling. I have more confidence in Gilbert to break out due to his speed.
-I know some are down on Max, but he is too valuable in the field to remove. I am curious to know if Steenstra can play 1B. I think you could platoon him and Luc.
-I am a little concerned about Blade on Sunday’s. Obviously his stuff is fine, but hopefully he can find his confidence and be effective.
-Our losses to this point (Indiana Stx2, Charlotte, UGA, Alabama, UF, and Vanderbiltx2) are all respectable losses. Charlotte is currently 14-2 in Conference USA. Indiana St is ranked, and the SEC is what it is.
-Obviously a series loss is never ideal, but if you want a positive from this series I would say it is the fact that we did not have to have Connell or Hunley throw for an extended period of time. Those two needed a lighter weekend.
-I hope we are able to re-focus and handle business this week.
Bravo. Where ya been?

You mean a meatball type fastball. You are full of yourself and I called you out for disrespecting our player’s homeruns. Get over yourself MEATBALL.

Anyone that starts a sentence with Dude is no doubt a Vandy fan.
If you were anywhere near the baseball expert you claim to be, you would recognize that Vanderbilt has a damn good team. You talk about them as if they are fighting with Missouri for last in the league. Fact is they are favorites to win it all and claiming otherwise shows your ignorance of the sport. No one is saying they are unbeatable but do acknowledge they are good and Tennessee is getting close to them. You sound like the guy screaming at fans when the Alabama Gumps are up 42-10 halfway in the 3rd quarter saying “don’t leave they are not that good and we will come back”. People can respect their opponents without being fans of them. The 2 things you said about them was proven wrong Kumar Rocker look incredible Friday and that offense was dangerous up and down the lineup. There biggest weakness seems to be one or two pitchers in the bullpen and Tennessee was lucky that Corbin went to one of them on Saturday.

Reactions: vol66 and txbo
Greer has been punked all day.

While he doesn’t have Pav’s arm, I think the run game today could have been slowed down had our coaches chose to focus on it. Enrique stole 2nd on the first pitch when he got on in the 3rd. If you pick a few times, you give the catcher a chance. Then everyone in the stadium knew he was stealing 3rd except for our coaches and our middle infielders. Our pitcher even knew so he went with an inside move and had Enrique dead to right but guess what... no middle infielder there to receive the throw. Could have and should have easily been 2–1 us after 3 innings.

We have done this all year with 2 outs and I don’t know why in the hell we just give 3rd to the opposing team in a 1 run game. Might as well pitch from the wind up when middle infielders are playing in the grass and making zero attempt to keep the runner even relatively close.

Bravo. Where ya been?

I almost never get to watch anything live, but I have been around. The team I coach has had about 15 games the last 3 weeks from rain and schedule changes, plus a master’s program, a toddler, and just finished building a house lol.

It might be better for my health and sanity that I do not see anything live.

Um, Leiter was ahead and stood to be the winner when he left the game. But, we held our own against him.
Basevols are a good solid SEC club this year and look to improve in the years to come. But we are not ready for the National Stage just yet.
GBO

Leiter was pulled with the go ahead run on base (he was responsible for) with less than 2 outs and his bullpen saved his ass. We chased him. Corbin didn’t think Leiter could get out of that inning with the lead so he covered for him. That’s the first time Leiter has faced adversity all year and Corbin pulled the plug.

I almost never get to watch anything live, but I have been around. The team I coach has had about 15 games the last 3 weeks from rain and schedule changes, plus a master’s program, a toddler, and just finished building a house lol.

It might be better for my health and sanity that I do not see anything live.
We gonna need some house pics.

I have plans and land but building materials are so high, I just haven’t pulled the trigger.

Reactions: vol66
If you were anywhere near the baseball expert you claim to be, you would recognize that Vanderbilt has a damn good team. You talk about them as if they are fighting with Missouri for last in the league. Fact is they are favorites to win it all and claiming otherwise shows your ignorance of the sport. No one is saying they are unbeatable but do acknowledge they are good and Tennessee is getting close to them. You sound like the guy screaming at fans when the Alabama Gumps are up 42-10 halfway in the 3rd quarter saying “don’t leave they are not that good and we will come back”. People can respect their opponents without being fans of them. The 2 things you said about them was proven wrong Kumar Rocker look incredible Friday and that offense was dangerous up and down the lineup. There biggest weakness seems to be one or two pitchers in the bullpen and Tennessee was lucky that Corbin went to one of them on Saturday.

Why are Vandy fans on this board?

And txbo... Why are you patting them on the back?

Crossville man, I gave you facts about Rocker’s velo and the exact same thing was being said on live tv. Bet you never questioned Chris Burke when he noted the drop to a live audience.

Not one time did I describe Vandy in the same sentence with Missouri. I basically said the following.... BEFORE crowning them with the National Championship, let’s see how they look after they play the better teams in the SEC. They are 3-3 in the last 2 weeks. I wish TN was 3-3 in the last 2 weeks. Wait we are!

VN Store

Back