The Official #3 Tennessee vs #2 Vandy Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 4PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

I almost never get to watch anything live, but I have been around. The team I coach has had about 15 games the last 3 weeks from rain and schedule changes, plus a master’s program, a toddler, and just finished building a house lol.

It might be better for my health and sanity that I do not see anything live.
And congratulations on the toddler. Enjoy every minute. They’ll be grown before you can blink.

Reactions: vol66
My worthless thoughts on the weekend/first half.

- We just went 3-3 against the best team in college baseball and the pre-season #1 team, and you could argue we should have gone 4-2. ...

A point that I was attempting to make last Sunday after we essentially gave Florida that last game in the late innings. Some on here were just happy to win the series. Just winning series in this league isn't good enough when you have a good opponent on the ropes. You have to win games when victory is at hand, especially against quality opposition. We would have been swept this weekend if Evan Russell didn't have a performance for the ages yesterday.

Not too sure, ask the scouts next time you talk to them.

You obviously have something against the people that analyze teams/players for a living.
They are just like your average next door neighbor...well maybe not your next door neighbor because most cannot afford to live in your neighborhood but you get what I am saying. They are normal everyday Americans.

Reactions: Border Vol
Taking up for them again are you?
What I said came directly from scouts and you don’t discredit the baseball logic in their opinion (the arms they have hit well against and the arms they haven’t), you just go straight to defending Vandy and throwing shade at anyone that has legitimate questions about them. Exactly what a true Vandy fan would do. MEATBALL you may wear Orange but deep down you like Vandy and that’s okay.

Just FYI Vandy has three of their top relievers out, one more due to Covid protocol. Unfortunately it showed this weekend, there were kids out there who had never pitched meaningful innings before. It’s part of the game, but it definitely made the second game a lot more precarious than it probably should have been.

I’ve covered Sec baseball for over a decade, seen some truly embarrassing Tennessee baseball teams and coaches. It’s great for the state and for the Sec that UT is competitive again, I look forward to many more great matchups.

We gonna need some house pics.

I have plans and land but building materials are so high, I just haven’t pulled the trigger.

We got extremely lucky. We signed our contract right before Covid really took off, so when the prices shot up we were not effected. I hope for your sake and a lot of others that prices will come back down.

The little one is growing like crazy. It feels like he says something new everyday.
256D0D11-0794-45CD-85F2-E61ABCC8E6A8.jpeg

Just FYI Vandy has three of their top relievers out, one more due to Covid protocol. Unfortunately it showed this weekend, there were kids out there who had never pitched meaningful innings before. It’s part of the game, but it definitely made the second game a lot more precarious than it probably should have been.

I’ve covered Sec baseball for over a decade, seen some truly embarrassing Tennessee baseball teams and coaches. It’s great for the state and for the Sec that UT is competitive again, I look forward to many more great matchups.
I get what you’re saying but our boys took Leiter yard 3 times. You don’t have any bullpen arms better than him. It was our day.

We got extremely lucky. We signed our contract right before Covid really took off, so when the prices shot up we were not effected. I hope for your sake and a lot of others that prices will come back down.

The little one is growing like crazy. It feels like he says something new everyday.
View attachment 363174
Good looking crib!

Nothing like being a Dad. Enjoy every minute.

I get what you’re saying but our boys took Leiter yard 3 times. You don’t have any bullpen arms better than him. It was our day.
Definitely. The thing about facing guys who consistently throw high 90s is you basically have to guess on a pitch and go with it. If you can connect, you can put it over the wall. if you miss, well, you look bad and strike out, but you can’t read pitches that are consistently that fast, at least not at the college level.

Georgia had some good days as well. Makes me wonder if coaches are reading pitches.

Reactions: txbo
Definitely. The thing about facing guys who consistently throw high 90s is you basically have to guess on a pitch and go with it. If you can connect, you can put it over the wall. if you miss, well, you look bad and strike out, but you can’t read pitches that are consistently that fast, at least not at the college level.

Georgia had some good days as well. Makes me wonder if coaches are reading pitches.
I wish all sports would ban communications. No head sets. Let’s get primitive.

You obviously have something against the people that analyze teams/players for a living.
They are just like your average next door neighbor...well maybe not your next door neighbor because most cannot afford to live in your neighborhood but you get what I am saying. They are normal everyday Americans.
Joke over your head.
And you’re right, Saban’s my next door neighbor down here.

I tip my cap to Corbin, his staff, and his players. Not sure if you are a Vandy fan but if you are I tip my cap to your take.

Didn’t know about the Covid issue but I have to be honest. The pitchers Vandy used yesterday happened when it was pretty much over. As far as today, I thought Little was the only guy used that hasn’t thrown in the SEC but the game was pretty much over when he entered. Yesterday we beat the best you all have to offer minus Rocker which was Leiter and Murphy. Not trying to challenge your assessment, just giving my honest opinion.

Nice neighborhood. How big’s your boat?
26’ on the center console for fishing, 82’ for the yacht cruiser we take up the TN River to Volunteer Landing and 47’ for the catamaran we keep down in the USVI when we need a long weekend away. Nothing too fancy compared to Nick’s fleet.

26’ on the center console for fishing, 82’ for the yacht cruiser we take up the TN River to Volunteer Landing and 47’ for the catamaran we keep down in the USVI when we need a long weekend away. Nothing too fancy compared to Nick’s fleet.
Bravo Athens. Bravo

Pick me up at the closest FBO that can land a Pilatus? I want to cruise with you.

Last edited:
Why are Vandy fans on this board?

And txbo... Why are you patting them on the back?

Crossville man, I gave you facts about Rocker’s velo and the exact same thing was being said on live tv. Bet you never questioned Chris Burke when he noted the drop to a live audience.

Not one time did I describe Vandy in the same sentence with Missouri. I basically said the following.... BEFORE crowning them with the National Championship, let’s see how they look after they play the better teams in the SEC. They are 3-3 in the last 2 weeks. I wish TN was 3-3 in the last 2 weeks. Wait we are!
#1 No one is crowning anyone National Champions! It is baseball the hardest NC to win and all 64 teams have a chance teams like Coastal Carolina and Fresno State have won it before.
#2 Who cares what Rocker’s velocity is? The fastball isn’t even his best pitch. He certainly looked Good Friday Night. The position is pitcher not fastball thrower. Rocker is a great pitcher with command of several pitches. Which is why is about to become a multi millionaire soon.
#3 Vanderbilt is the best hitting team in the league and you claim scouts are saying they have not faced good pitching yet. What scouts are saying this? They are top in the SEC halfway through and have not once faced good pitching then again they also have some of the best pitching in the SEC. So when are they going to face good pitching?
#4 I said you talk about them as if they are fighting Missouri for last place, meaning you think they are terrible and anyone that doesn’t agree with you doesn’t know baseball or is a Vandy fan. I get you hate them but at least show some semblance of baseball knowledge. They are not 11-4 in SEC play because of luck. What do you expect of them, an undefeated season? Baseball is not a talent dependent sport like football, a team like Tennessee Tech can beat some of the best teams in the SEC but imagine the score if Tech played Alabama or Florida in football. Most people on here understand that.

Last edited:
Reactions: vol66 and txbo
"I don’t know what we’re doing in Nashville, but there aren’t many empty seats (at UT). ... COVID does not exist in Knoxville. There are a lot of people here having a good time and sometimes at our expense. They created a very good environment here for baseball, & I credit them."

~ HC Tim Corbin

Reactions: Boca Vol and txbo
You really should be in the luxury suite with DD. Not in left field with us.

VN Store

Back