MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

A freak snowstorm causing a whiteout in Augusta would be the icing on the cake.
Would be hilarious. Hopefully Fred Ridley would be in Cozumel or something and the MARTA would get heated tracks out of the deal or some other bs.

Reactions: AM64
At what point do companies stop being "entertainment" (as MLB argued at one point) and start being political action committees?

But my question to you would be would you support the businesses in Georgia if they sued the MLB because of their [badly made] decision and sought financial compensation for the loss of revenue?

IDK enough about it. Is the MLB breaking a contract with said businesses?

Between the two candidates (Trump -atheist, 2 or 4 abortions, cheated on all 3 wives) and Biden (church every week, faithful to wife) it was an easy decision with my values. I dont abandon them like republicans.
Broad sweep much with that ignorant take? You do know that going to church every week means exactly squat when it comes to morals right?

Between the two candidates (Trump -atheist, 2 or 4 abortions, cheated on all 3 wives) and Biden (church every week, faithful to wife) it was an easy decision with my values. I dont abandon them like republicans.
You know he was married when the whole Tara Reade thing happened, right?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
IDK enough about it. Is the MLB breaking a contract with said businesses?

I'm pretty sure there are contacts with the city and there are some with individual companies (mind for example). But an argument could be made that businesses spent a significant sum on prepping for the event.

I'm pretty sure there are contacts with the city and there are some with individual companies (mind for example). But an argument could be made that businesses spent a significant sum on prepping for the event.

Seems frivolous, unless they had a contract (that didn't give them an out).

Moved to Denver, thats great for their local businesses. Seems like a wash for American small businesses. but ya'll need something to cry about :)

It's an interesting hypothetical considering why the decision was made.

@lawgator1 @ClearwaterVol

I know this is outside your normal area of the law, but care to weigh in on your thoughts?

I'm not saying frivolous as a matter of legal opinion. I'm talking about what's right and wrong. It seems like BS that anybody would sue over this. They don't owe you anything just because you thought you had an opportunity to ride their coattails and then you didn't.

Reactions: Tastylicks
Most likely all of the contractors involved are contracted to the stadium operator and not MLB.

Correct. But I'd say 99% of the time the "out" clauses don't include "threw a temper tantrum based on lies." I would tend to think the venue and organizations included in that could be represented in a class action lawsuit.

I'd like to see what reason the MLB gave the venue.

Moved to Denver, thats great for their local businesses. Seems like a wash for American small businesses. but ya'll need something to cry about :)
Who's crying, Stacy and MLB just cut off their nose to spite their face. Stupid is as stupid does, and the laws while reactionary aren't any more restrictive than the rest of the country by and large.

Correct. But I'd say 99% of the time the "out" clauses don't include "threw a temper tantrum based on lies." I would tend to think the venue and organizations included in that could be represented in a class action lawsuit.

I'd like to see what reason the MLB gave the venue.

All depends on the contract language. I'm betting MLB has an "out" built in.

I'm thinking the commissioner will be sacked at the end of the season.

I'm not saying frivolous as a matter of legal opinion. I'm talking about what's right and wrong. It seems like BS that anybody would sue over this. They don't owe you anything just because you thought you had an opportunity to ride their coattails and then you didn't.

There's a lot more work, time and additional expenses that go on with these things than you realize. As I said to Hog, there are legal outs built in (Covid enacted quite a few last year) but I'm not sure this would stand up to the legal scrutiny.

I'm not talking about street vendors selling illegal merch here. There's probably significant money already dropped in anticipation of this game by a lot of different people.

There's a lot more work, time and additional expenses that go on with these things than you realize. As I said to Hog, there are legal outs built in (Covid enacted quite a few last year) but I'm not sure this would stand up to the legal scrutiny.

I'm not talking about street vendors selling illegal merch here. There's probably significant money already dropped in anticipation of this game by a lot of different people.

You're my next door neighbor and we both have a couple acres. You tell me you're going to build a little reservoir in your back yard. I build a deck at the edge of my property that's going to overlook it. You never build the reservoir so now I just have this weird deck out there. Do you owe me anything?

You're my next door neighbor and we both have a couple acres. You tell me you're going to build a little reservoir in your back yard. I build a deck at the edge of my property that's going to overlook it. You never build the reservoir so now I just have this weird deck out there. Do you owe me anything?

Little different situation...

Little different situation...

That's kinda the point. It's different enough that you look at it in a new light, but it's principly the same thing because it's not qualitatively different.

You don't owe me anything just because you announced your plans and then changed your plans. There has to be an agreement between us.

That's kinda the point. It's different enough that you look at it in a new light, but it's principly the same thing because it's not qualitatively different.

You don't owe me anything just because you announced your plans and then changed your plans. There has to be an agreement between us.

I can flat guarantee you there was an agreement in place at a minimum between the MLB and the venue.

VN Store

Back