LB Beasley Under Investigation

I used to enjoy your posts and thought well of you. Appears that there is something more evil that I did not see until you eventually revealed yourself.
No. You've read more into this disagreement than is there... or else we really don't share the same view of the value of human beings and human life compared to animals. I have NOT said what he did was acceptable, normal, good,... I am simply saying the responses here are not right either.

A coward like your father who shoots strays.
Where did I say my father shot strays?

A coward like your so successful brother who put a cat in a toilet bowl. A coward who also chased a cat with a bat and that cat disappeared.
When he was 5 or 6? That makes him a coward? And fwiw... that was mean... but how is it "cowardly". He's never been a coward morally or physically.

PS- he keeps and loves his pets including an old cat that he's had since it was a kitten. People do stupid stuff sometimes.

Do you not see that abusing/hurting animals so much smaller, weaker and unable to defend themselves is an act of cruelty and cowardice?
And I made a comparison earlier that apparently one of the moderators didn't like the impact of.... to an equally smaller, weaker, and defenseless life that people have no apparent problem with players abusing and killing.

Cruelty? Yes. Cowardice? No. I don't think you've established that connection. Beasley is a coward? He takes on 300 lb OL's and deals with a level of pain that few of us ever feel... but whatever he did to that cat makes him a "coward"?

Your black & white view of the value of life is a joke.
In what way? It may make you feel better to say that. You may even think that is an intelligent answer... but saying it doesn't make my view a "joke" nor prove it untrue. In fact, it is very troubling that you see a gray area between the value of human and animal life. And that's NOT because I diminish the value of animal life.

This may be one of your "successful" relatives:
Desmond Hague - Bing video
Really? That's the best you have? False accusations and dramatic exaggerations?

I do... and mine are in far less danger than the humans around you, right? That assumption is no less ignorant than yours....

I don't mistreat or abuse animals period. I do not approve of it. I think it is a serious matter. I do NOT value an animal on the same level as a person. You apparently have some issues there or you wouldn't struggle to "get it".
You stick words in my mouth. I merely feel sorry for your pets who are as dependent on you as a baby for their entire lives.

As a human, it's a responsibility to protect the weak, to not merely torture them in anger then call them "less valuable" because they lack humanity. It's sad you can't see, as many are pointing out, that abusing the weak in anger is a character flaw that CAN (not WILL, but CAN) be a predictor of more serious issues. Does Beasley have issues? We all agree.

Is it the responsibility of the University of Tennessee to help him? As a student, if he reaches out, certainly.

He's got bigger fish to fry than learning Banks' defensive schemes. The best thing for him his to get help FIRST...... then perhaps play football.

This. And drowning kittens or feral cats is torturing.
@m1al
You feel better now?

Let me make something very clear.

There is a difference between some POS beating someone's pet kitten to near death and someone disposing of destructive, dangerous feral animals on their own property. I really don't give a sh!t if you, or anyone else for that matter, are unable to discern that.

Whoever abused that kitten should definitely suffer the consequences for his/her actions...

Reactions: LittleVol
No. Not a problem. Would you stop them if you could? Sure. Report them? Sure. Shoot them in the head? I hope not. Completely derail their life over one offence? Apparently you think that's an appropriate punishment. Unless this is a pattern of behavior, I don't. That cat's life is not more valuable even in light of the mistake Beasley made.

There’s a flip side to that coin, and the other side is that the son of a bitch that’s purposefully, for no good reason is harming/torturing one of my 2 cats or dog is devaluing my life and the impact that their lives has on me and my life has on them. That person doesn’t get to make that call or that determination. They give up the right to make that call the second they land a hand on a defenseless pet.. If that person walked into my residence and hurt one of my pets you can believe that motherf*cker ain’t walking out. I certainly wouldn’t kill someone, but he’s gonna he need assistance leaving.

Two things:

1. Children mistreating animals then realizing they were wrong and growing out if it is different than a 20-year old torturing a cat.

2. You don't have to value a cat's life more than a hunan's life to see the differences in actions. Most of the time humans hurt each other it's for a reason (95% of the time a bad one). They feel hard done by the other person. A 6-month old kitten is incapable of genuine ill-will towards a human and is completely defenseless at that. If you can't see the difference in the mindset of hurting one over the other, you need to look a little deeper. It doesn't mean the kitten is "worth" more than the human, it just means that the mindset to want to hurt it so badly is just a bit more f-ed up.

There’s a flip side to that coin, and the other side is that the son of a bitch that’s purposefully, for no good reason is harming/torturing one of my 2 cats or dog is devaluing my life and the impact that their lives has on me and my life has on them. That person doesn’t get to make that call or that determination. They give up the right to make that call the second they land a hand on a defenseless pet.. If that person walked into my residence and hurt one of my pets you can believe that motherf*cker ain’t walking out. I certainly wouldn’t kill someone, but he’s gonna he need assistance leaving.
So you would kill someone over harming an animal? That's where you come down on the comparative value of human and animal life?

You stick words in my mouth. I merely feel sorry for your pets who are as dependent on you as a baby for their entire lives.
Your sympathy is VERY misplaced. We have a dog and 6 cats. They're all well treated, fat, and happy. YOU are the one who has drawn a bunch of false conclusions and then falsely accused me.

As a human, it's a responsibility to protect the weak, to not merely torture them in anger then call them "less valuable" because they lack humanity. It's sad you can't see, as many are pointing out, that abusing the weak in anger is a character flaw that CAN (not WILL, but CAN) be a predictor of more serious issues. Does Beasley have issues? We all agree.
People are morally responsible. I have never said any different. I have not stated anywhere in this long string of non-sense that I did not value animals or was tolerant of being cruel to them.

Is it the responsibility of the University of Tennessee to help him? As a student, if he reaches out, certainly.

He's got bigger fish to fry than learning Banks' defensive schemes. The best thing for him his to get help FIRST...... then perhaps play football.
Punish him. Counsel him. Put him on a short leash. Boot him? No.

Much like Jeremy Banks, this is also an opportunity to make a difference in the guy's life that might keep him from harming someone later. As seems to be agreed, not all animal abusers are violent toward people but most of those who are violent against people have or do abuse animals.

So you would kill someone over harming an animal? That's where you come down on the comparative value of human and animal life?
98mW.gif

Cats are trash.

With that said, if he did this...
He has deep psychological issues.
To hurt a lifeform that has a direct emotional impact on people around him means he is capable of eventually hurting those people in a similar fashion.

The disregard for intelligent life.

You clearly didn't read the entire post before hitting "reply."
Yeah. I clearly did. He set up an extreme scenario and then said that he wouldn't allow the person to walk out of his house alive if they harmed one of his 3 pets. That was pretty clear.

Cats are trash.

With that said, if he did this...
He has deep psychological issues.
To hurt a lifeform that has a direct emotional impact on people around him means he is capable of eventually hurting those people in a similar fashion.

The disregard for intelligent life.
I like cats but otherwise agree.... and I still don't think he should be booted for this. I had a calico when I was a teenager that would ride around on my shoulder.

Reactions: LittleVol
Dude. No he doesn't. I asked the question earlier... if he had instead paid for and pressured his girlfriend into having an abortion... would you want him kicked off the team? Or is torturing an unborn child to death with saline less "disgusting" than hurting a cat?
Hurting something that can't defend itself is a sign of serious psychopathic tendencies. That dude is human scum. Part of the tainted culture Pruitt recruited and most on here supported.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I said I wouldn’t kill that person, but I would inflict harm on that person. It could be physical harm, legal harm, or both, but people don’t get to plead ignorance and get a slap on the wrist. You purposefully harm or take something from me that I hold dear, that I love, that loves me back you’re damned right I’m gonna hurt you back. I’m not going to kill you, but you’re going to pay a hefty fine.

I'm going to be honest with you, you've always seemed like a decent fellow, but your continued comments on this matter are kind of creepy.

Here are a couple of pull quotes from the third article I linked:

"A landmark 1997 study by the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Northeastern University found that animal abusers are in fact five times as likely to also harm other humans.

Another study, published in 2013, found that 43% of those who commit school massacres also committed acts of cruelty to animals — generally against cats and dogs."

Based on things I've seen and read I'm surprised this isn't higher.

As for the first part, I'm the same guy. I place a high premium on life period. But there is no confusion in my mind about the value of human life compared to animal life.

Yeah. I clearly did. He set up an extreme scenario and then said that he wouldn't allow the person to walk out of his house alive if they harmed one of his 3 pets. That was pretty clear.

I know people who mourned the death of their pet far more than a family member.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I said I wouldn’t kill that person, but I would inflict harm on that person. It could be physical harm, legal harm, or both, but people don’t get to plead ignorance and get a slap on the wrist. You purposefully harm or take something from me that I hold dear, that I love, that loves me back you’re damned right I’m gonna hurt you back. I’m not going to kill you, but you’re going to pay a hefty fine.
OK. That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying and correcting me.

I love my dog. Best dog I've ever had or even known. If someone hurt her... I would want them punished. I would definitely want them to get "help". But they are still a human being and hopefully redeemable.

A few years back we had a border collie. Great dog. She was amazingly smart and never knew a stranger. A 16 year old was bullying my then 12 year old kid on the bus. We reported him. A few days later my dog was fed anti-freeze and died a slow, horrible death. We couldn't prove who did it. So I get how the girl feels. A friend of ours who was a teacher had influence with the boy. He was mean as could be but seems to have straightened out as he matured.

I know people who mourned the death of their pet far more than a family member.
Me too. I've cried over a pet that died. That was the last time I really "cried" like a kid. We had to have a dog euthanized due to health issues and that was very difficult as well.

He nearly beat a cat to death. Thats all anyone needs to know. Disgusting that anyone would even try to defend that.
You should take the time to read. What I said is you need perspective if you believe that act constitutes a life sentence

You clearly didn't read the entire post before hitting "reply."
I apologize. I read his post again and saw the portion I missed. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm going to leave the other posts as they are so people see the context.

You should take the time to read. What I said is you need perspective if you believe that act constitutes a life sentence
He should be locked away and they should throw away the key. Anyone who would do something like that is capable of much worse.

He should be locked away and they should throw away the key. Anyone who would do something like that is capable of much worse.
But hadn't done much worse. Your over the top response is as dumb as any in this thread

VN Store

Back