Transfer Portal 21-22

Much rather have Dixon than Dorka. Dixon is close to a double double player is she gets the playing time. Her percentages are very good 57 percent field and 77 line. She would be a terrific player for anyone.

Gina Conti had a 1.26 per shot attempt scoring efficiency which is very good for a perimeter player. 35 percent from the three is also decent and she is 85 at the line so almost automatic. She is from Ohio don't know what her plans are we could use her next season.

Gina Conti had a 1.26 per shot attempt scoring efficiency which is very good for a perimeter player. 35 percent from the three is also decent and she is 85 at the line so almost automatic. She is from Ohio don't know what her plans are we could use her next season.
sister went to TN Tech for volleyball

Reactions: Volfan2012
Conti, Lewis and Dorka are definitely the best gets. Would be happy with any of them. Would be over the moon if we landed two of three.

I posted this in another chat. They are definitely great gets HOWEVER teams will also be able to fill their rosters with players who might return to college by May 15th. If they declare for the draft and go undrafted they can return to college with 36 spots total some players will probably be returning back to school.

I posted this in another chat. They are definitely great gets HOWEVER teams will also be able to fill their rosters with players who might return to college by May 15th. If they declare for the draft and go undrafted they can return to college with 36 spots total some players will probably be returning back to school.
thats if they didnt hire an agent

It will be interesting to see how hard we go at the portal. We don't know how the traditional recruiting is going and that greatly affects how we utilize transfers. All we know today is we have a talented and tall wing who can shoot long distance. What happens with transfers if we land Watkins, Barker and Bransford? I gotta think those 3 along with Justine are going to eat-up minutes.

If they declare for the draft and go undrafted they can return to college with 36 spots total some players will probably be returning back to school.

Not sure that is true. I believe that they can come back to school only if they withdraw their name at least 5 days before draft day and didn't sign with an agent. I don't think there is a safety net for those seniors that declare for the draft and don't get selected (even if they didn't sign with an agency).

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It will be interesting to see how hard we go at the portal. We don't know how the traditional recruiting is going and that greatly affects how we utilize transfers. All we know today is we have a talented and tall wing who can shoot long distance. What happens with transfers if we land Watkins, Barker and Bransford? I gotta think those 3 along with Justine are going to eat-up minutes.
If the goal is to pick up big classes in 2022 or 2023, then you go for grad transfers or seniors. But unless they are confident that they are all but guaranteed to nab those 3 players you mentioned, it would be risky to pass up on a transfer with 2+ years remaining that can add immediate impact.

Not sure that is true. I believe that they can come back to school only if they withdraw their name at least 5 days before draft day and didn't sign with an agent. I don't think there is a safety net for those seniors that declare for the draft and don't get selected (even if they didn't sign with an agency).

here you go. they have to return back for their extra year to the school they left but someone like KK can return if she is not selected ... Looks like if they wanted to withdraw and transfer its by the 10th but they can return to their school they left by May 15th

A2E98CD8-6BD9-4CFD-B50D-0F2A71190136.png

Reactions: Amb3096
Were at 11 for 2022 and Grad Transfers won't affect that with just one year to play. The team right now is really heavy 13 on scholarship and I don't think we'll go over the limit even though we can. So depending on if someone leaves or we remain the same 1 or 2 portal players more than likely Grad Transfers would be all we would go with. That still leaves 11 after the season which includes Pissott so plenty of room for more freshmen or if we fail there the portal again.

I hope she wants to be a Physician. Everything I hear from Vandy folks is that this is CSW’s last year. Avoiding buy out. I think the AD might be a draw to some young women. Candace is impressive.
She is trying to build an effective roster think it is going to be more talented but to young to compete in the SEC. To many upper class transfers is going to cause another bad Vandy season.

here you go. they have to return back for their extra year to the school they left but someone like KK can return if she is not selected ... Looks like if they wanted to withdraw and transfer its by the 10th but they can return to their school they left by May 15th

View attachment 360808

Thanks...the last article I read didn't explicitly state what the options were for those that don't get drafted.

This has the potential to be a real cluster fk with the portal activity and then the Ghost of Seniors Graduated. I think some of these seniors who try their hand at the draft but don't get picked will find that they will have to pick a new school to finish their college career at.

If the goal is to pick up big classes in 2022 or 2023, then you go for grad transfers or seniors. But unless they are confident that they are all but guaranteed to nab those 3 players you mentioned, it would be risky to pass up on a transfer with 2+ years remaining that can add immediate impact.

Yes it would.

Reactions: MsSportsGuy
Thanks...the last article I read didn't explicitly state what the options were for those that don't get drafted.

This has the potential to be a real cluster fk with the portal activity and then the Ghost of Seniors Graduated. I think some of these seniors who try their hand at the draft but don't get picked will find that they will have to pick a new school to finish their college career at.

That’s the tricky part from the article it looks like they can return to their old school. Not a new one... so i wonder if seniors will say hey coach if i don’t get a look of training camp contract i’m coming back.

Reactions: Amb3096
That’s the tricky part from the article it looks like they can return to their old school. Not a new one... so i wonder if seniors will say hey coach if i don’t get a look of training camp contract i’m coming back.
Sounds nice on paper, but that coach has gotta get his team ready for next season. Take someone like N'dea Jones or Ciera Johnson, who are borderline draft picks. Would Gary hold off on filling their spots with some portal talent in the hopes that they come back? I'd think that he's moving on, and if they are around and he hasn't filled their spot then he'd probably take them back...but it will basically be "first come, first serve" at this point.

Sounds nice on paper, but that coach has gotta get his team ready for next season. Take someone like N'dea Jones or Ciera Johnson, who are borderline draft picks. Would Gary hold off on filling their spots with some portal talent in the hopes that they come back? I'd think that he's moving on, and if they are around and he hasn't filled their spot then he'd probably take them back...but it will basically be "first come, first serve" at this point.

Sounds good in theory but i think Gary takes them back if they don’t make the cut. Also, remember he will go the Juco route quick and has been known to bring in Juco players late to the program. I guess it’s all in what you value.

VN Store

Back