My thoughts...

bleedingTNorange

Since many are going to look for them or say I ran away etc etc etc...

Horrible ending to a disappointing regular season, the regular season wasn’t horrendous or far off projections but it was a disappointment/underachieving. Your chance to make up for that or make people forget that is to have a nice NCAAT run, not only did we not make a run we played arguably our worst game of the year, it was embarrassing actually.

I don’t agree with anyone saying we need a change at the top, ie head coach, but that’s not an acceptable season given expectations. With that said it is a 3rd straight NCAAT appearance and that’s the positive, but we need more depth and some serious help in the post (BHH please come to Knoxville), along with some modernization of the offense...

I’m any regard, was nice to have a season and a NCAAT...the freshman were fun to watch and they’ll be fun to root for in the NBA...Tennessee is in better shape as a program than they’ve been many times in the past 50 years, but this is a fan base that enjoys basketball and deserves better than what we got this year.

GBO!!!

I am going to go ahead and say a complete overhaul is necessary. Perfect year to do so to take advantage of our stud PG coming in

Please go on record and tell us who you would hire. Changes don’t always work in a positive direction.

Reactions: chuck0303
Maybe I'll do an edit. A complete overhaul of the offense is necessary. I dont want Barnes fired, but Barnes needs to run a new offense. If he doesn't, he deserves some heat

Fair enough. For whatever reason, he didn’t get through to this team in a positive manner. I’d love to know what the real problems were....

I am going to go ahead and say a complete overhaul is necessary. Perfect year to do so to take advantage of our stud PG coming in
If Barnes doesn’t overhaul the offense and the roster, Chandler is going to be in a tougher situation than Johnson and Springer were.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

Horrible ending to a disappointing regular season, the regular season wasn’t horrendous or far off projections but it was a disappointment/underachieving. Your chance to make up for that or make people forget that is to have a nice NCAAT run, not only did we not make a run we played arguably our worst game of the year, it was embarrassing actually.

I don’t agree with anyone saying we need a change at the top, ie head coach, but that’s not an acceptable season given expectations. With that said it is a 3rd straight NCAAT appearance and that’s the positive, but we need more depth and some serious help in the post (BHH please come to Knoxville), along with some modernization of the offense...

I’m any regard, was nice to have a season and a NCAAT...the freshman were fun to watch and they’ll be fun to root for in the NBA...Tennessee is in better shape as a program than they’ve been many times in the past 50 years, but this is a fan base that enjoys basketball and deserves better than what we got this year.

GBO!!!
Good post BTO. GBO

Need to run it like football with an OC and DC. Get Barnes completely out of the offense especially on game day and let him run the Defense.

Reactions: 08Vol
If Barnes doesn’t overhaul the offense and the roster, Chandler is going to be in a tougher situation than Johnson and Springer were.
We need both John to return and BHH to choose us AND reclassify to have a serviceable post rotation. Need JJJ to return and progress. Need Bailey to not go 1/10 every other game. Need a lot of things to swing right to field a good team next year

Maybe I'll do an edit. A complete overhaul of the offense is necessary. I dont want Barnes fired, but Barnes needs to run a new offense. If he doesn't, he deserves some heat

Alabama #34 and Arkansas is #36 offensively, both are Top 10 on defense...we don’t have to be elite offensively, Barnes gets his teams to play defense, but we need to be better.

Reactions: ArdentVol
It was a disappointing season and sad that two of the highest rated draft picks in Tennessee history will be two freshmen who came to Knoxville and left after an entirely forgettable season.

The biggest concern is that this roster needs a shake up with Johnson and Springer gone. We need an entirely new offensive philosophy. For perhaps the first time ever, Barnes MUST go and recruit some shooters and not require everyone to be a defensive genius. It honestly needs to be a bloodbath of an off-season this year otherwise we will without a doubt waste yet another one-and-done star (Chandler) and have another forgettable season.

As much as I enjoyed watching Springer & Keon, they’ve had several moments where they played selfish basketball.

That’s why you can’t rely on freshman to go far into the Tournament.

Bailey is either hot or cold.

SV is playing out of position.

Not having Fulky hurt us.

Alabama #34 and Arkansas is #36 offensively, both are Top 10 on defense...we don’t have to be elite offensively, Barnes gets his teams to play defense, but we need to be better.
We need to be not putrid at least. And outside of when we had Grant, Admiral, Jordan Bone, Kyle Alexander, Bowden, Lamonte, Fulk, and Pons, we have been putrid on offense or brushing right up next to it

Reactions: Volle and 08Vol
We need a couple of consistent outside shooters who can knock down a three anytime.

Oregon State has that.
You hate to dumb it down but this game was just about that simple...they shot 48% from 3 on 21 attempts, we shot 19% on 26 attempts, and as the announcers pointed out many were wide open as they dared us to shoot it.

GBO!!!

Maybe wanna put a “well they wouldn’t have made it last year and they also had a disappointing Regular season and that’s two in row” in there

theme for 2020/2021 in all UT football/bball...under achieve and fail to adapt. This year is different for all teams w impacts of covid. Some teams adapted and some didn't. We weren't expected to be good in football and we under achieved there. We were pretty much consensus top 10-15 team in bball, and just never established an identity. Oddly, we had a better identity early/mid year when we were clamping people down on D, though not scoring much. We didn't have a Grant Williams type who could take the team on his shoulders...have a bunch of good players, but just too inconsistent game to game.

I am going to go ahead and say a complete overhaul of the offense is necessary. Perfect year to do so to take advantage of our stud PG coming in

Our stud PG would be in the portal in less than 5 seconds...doesn’t work that way anymore.

You hate to dumb it down but this game was just about that simple...they shot 48% from 3 on 21 attempts, we shot 19% on 26 attempts, and as the announcers pointed out many were wide open as they dared us to shoot it.

Remember when you said that same exact thing against Ole Miss and told me not to worry about the offense?

Let’s stop making excuses for it. The reason we had so many poor shooting games is because the offensive philosophy sucks. It’s not dumbing it down, you’re ignoring the overall problem. Other than two amazing Grant Williams here the offense has never been good since Rick got here. We had two lottery picks, two seniors and overall four returning starters yet the offense continued to suck. We miss shots because we don’t get good looks consistently.

VN Store

Back