Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed most of the segment, but apparently Hyams said on The Zone that Steele was offered the DC job and passed? He also said that Henry and Crouch are both likely leaving. SIAP
I hope this is not true and Hyams gets in hot water with the new staff for putting out false information.

Lol this is true.

But I wouldn’t put last years performance all on the players. Even when we replaced the QB our offense still sucked. Our defense was bad all year too.

My whole point is Gray is good. I’ve never understood the criticism of him being a guy that goes down too easy. He wasn’t a power back but I didn’t see it. It’s like people are expecting Jamal Lewis out there.

He was elusive and electric with the ball in his hands and his play making will be missed. But at the same time I don’t have much worry for offense with Heup in charge.

He could be elusive, but more than once, I saw him tackled by a blade of grass.

How many homeruns did he hit? For a "homerun hitter" he grounded out weakly to first a lot. If one of these guys produces the same as EG, which overall really wasn't that much..AND actually tries and help the QB by not getting him killed..then he will not missed at all.

A lot of times EG looked like he was purposefully trying to get the QB killed.

Maybe he was doing it to help get JG off the field since the coaches wouldn’t bench him.
of course, I don’t think he really blocked with any other QB out there either, so my conspiracy theory is a bust... 🤔

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You guys are probably forgetting something very important here----what if some of these guys that transferred had no choice? I'm thinking they would have been ineligible because of the recruiting violations that will eventually be proven. Even if they stayed and played this year, we would most likely have to vacate any wins due to their being ineligible. That could also be the case with any school that plays them this year. Just a thought.
Why would they be eligible to play elsewhere but ineligible to play here? They either are or they are not eligible to play. To restore eligibility, they'd have to repay any illegal benefits received, not just transfer.

Why would they be eligible to play elsewhere but ineligible to play here? They either are or they are not eligible to play. To restore eligibility, they'd have to repay any illegal benefits received, not just transfer.
Eligibility won't be decided until its decided.

It's possible they think or have been told that they will be eligible if they leave, but ineligible if they stay at the school that cheated.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Only way is the ncaa gave them immunity and I doubt think that’s reasonable in this Case

Eligibility won't be decided until its decided.

It's possible they think or have been told that they will be eligible if they leave, but ineligible if they stay at the school that cheated.

Not reasonable at all if they took extra benefits unless the ncaa gave them immunity to talk

You said what you said🤷🏼‍♂️

99% tune in to watch the game, not the national anthem. You’re the 1%, congrats

Pro sports rating are tanking and much of it is due to the woke-ness. NFL is down 17%, but the demographic is actually up, so it's really worse than that. For reference, it was 2016 when the kneeling thing got started.

ScreenHunter 170.png

Any lawyers out there? Quick question.

My dad passed away dec20. 2 weeks ago, hospital contacts us , says there was investigation.

At the meeting with hospital.. hospital admits the nurse aid left off his heart monitor after bathing him.. monitor wasn't connected for over 3 hours before he was found unresponsive .

The state got involved and made them go over protocols with all staff..

2 things = the heart monitor being off... and a nurse not checking on him for over 3 hours???

Why haven't I heard from my lawyer, it's been over a week, this seems like a slam dunk to me?!?!

The bible, the mirror and the film - 3 things that will never lie to you :)

I'll preface this by saying I'm actually a Christian that believes in God (and Jesus), BUT I question some parts of the Bible. It's a book in the hands of man for like 2000 years that has been translated and edited by mankind during that time, not to mention, it was collated by a council formed by a Roman Emperor that decided what to include, and what NOT to include as gospel.

Anyone who's been in a funhouse knows mirrors can lie, not to mention even normal mirrors show a reverse image.

Film can easily be edited.

I have severe trust issues.

The quotes from Hyams make no sense. Said that White and Heupel offered Steele the job, but then he balked on them with some questions. They assumed he’d jump at the chance and when he didn’t they started looking elsewhere and never made it back to him.

But then Hyams said if they had come back to him with an offer as LB coach and he declined then they could’ve gotten the $450,000 back.

Why couldn’t they get it back when he declined the DC job?? That’s why I’m skeptical of what Hyams is saying.

I think you are on to something. IIRC the contract was not position specific. So any coaching staff position offer would have kicked that in.

Need some retirements and relocations with Knoxville sports media. Other than a couple they are bottom feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back