'22 TN OT Fisher Anderson (Stanford commit)

“I got to talk to (Heupel) a good bit on the drive. ... Spring break was fun, and then I went on the recruiting trip, and it was, like, every single hour of the day I was calling somebody else,” Anderson said Sunday during the National College Evaluation Camp at Murfreesboro’s Blackman High School.

“Even if I wasn’t on a campus, I was calling somebody else. I tried not to do anything recruiting-wise this past week, and it was pretty great. But I got some time to talk with them for a while.”

The 6-foot-7, 270-pound Anderson said the focus of his conversations with Tennessee’s new coaches has “just been relationship-building.” He’s still getting to know them, but he said he likes what he has heard from the Vols so far.

“The more you can talk to somebody, the more you can see them and visualize them as a person,” said Anderson, who’s ranked the No. 239 overall prospect and No. 28 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 8 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“It’s been good to get to know their personalities and that kind of stuff.”
“They all have good personalities, no doubt,” Anderson said. “(Tennessee’s new offense) is always interesting to think about. The uniqueness is always cool, and having an offense that’s different and successful, that’s always good.”
-Callahan

Fisher Anderson is planning to take his official visits this summer before a late summer decision in our opinion. He has been to Knoxville a bunch with a sibling already going to school at Tennessee. He just needs to get face to face with the new staff. Glenn Elarbee has done a good job showing him how he teaches through Zoom and Heupel has made sure he knows he is a priority. He got an offer from Stanford last week and that is a big one because he does covet his education so much. Distance won’t be a factor but we still believe the ability for his family to see him play in an easier manner could be something that helps Tennessee.
-VQ

If education is the primary driver, what is his intended course of study?

If education is the primary driver, what is his intended course of study?

I'll be very honest Fish is one of the smartest kids I've been around. His major will be something very intense. The Stanford off was Huge. I'm not saying it will make him pick the over UT but a place like that with a reputation for producing pros and their rank in education institutions definitely ranks high on his list.

I'll be very honest Fish is one of the smartest kids I've been around. His major will be something very intense. The Stanford off was Huge. I'm not saying it will make him pick the over UT but a place like that with a reputation for producing pros and their rank in education institutions definitely ranks high on his list.
As it should be. I just hope he is a business major, or another program that UT is exceptional at.

Reactions: norrislakevol
One of the first times I have agreed with you. He is visiting Northwestern as well. Scored over 30 on ACT. Will be interesting to see who gets his officials.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
FOUR-STAR OT FISHER ANDERSON
The Franklin (Tenn.) High School standout hasn't officially narrowed his group of top contenders since naming a top 15 in August. Plenty has changed in his recruitment since then, but Tennessee remains a contender for him, according to sources, despite currently not being in line to host him on an official visit next month. Anderson has spent the past few months getting to know the Vols' staff, including offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and offensive coordinator Alex Golesh, and Tennessee still is hoping to host him on an unofficial visit sometime in June. He's planning to take official visits to Northwestern, North Carolina, Virginia and Stanford over the next month, starting with a trip next weekend to Northwestern, where he recently traveled with his family for a self-guided tour of the campus. He hasn't ruled out waiting to take his fifth and final official visit sometime this season.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back