Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting my dog of eleven years down tma. Gonna be a terrible day. We got him before we got married and now have two kids and moved twice since having him. Gonna miss my boy.

That is a very hard thing to have to do. Put down my Jack Russell a little over a year ago 14 years old and was sad for days. Stay strong my friend.

Putting my dog of eleven years down tma. Gonna be a terrible day. We got him before we got married and now have two kids and moved twice since having him. Gonna miss my boy.
I’m so sorry, I’ve read the comments after you posted and there’s nothing more I can say. As one that had to let go before i was ready, there’s still nothing I can say. 😞

So what’s the restrictions traveling internationally with rona? Saw on southwest that a negative test is required within 3 days of returning.

The wife just said “take me to Jamaica” earlier this week. Thinking of going in July.

Couples Swept Away in Negril. Thank me later

That’s the exact one I’ve been looking at. Do that an an excursion to Dunn’s River Falls where I plan to reenact some Dr. No scenes with my wife.

They go to YS Falls which is actually better than Dunn’s River IMO. Must do the Black River and Appleton Rum factory tour. The Catamaran cruise that goes around parts of the island and to Ricks is great. The resort is awesome. Food is good. All inclusive and no kids.

Sorry to hear this. I've been there brother, recently. It SUCKS. Remember the good times, I'm sure there are many. Hang in there...

Reminds me of watching Marley and Me several years ago. Haven’t watched it since. Dogs are better than humans.

Really can't be understated how bad of a loss that Auburn game was. Just awful. Arguably worst loss in barnes tenure.

Last edited:
Was hoping for a SEC Champ or Runner-Up with at minimum Sweet 16 appearance. But now we prob won't make a deep run in SECT, without the double bye. I think we may win our opening game, but another Sister Jean will bounce us, no doubt.

No big, no pg. A bunch of 2’s and 3’s running around with one ineffective 4. Will see how it goes next year with a pg.

Tennessee basketball has never been to a Final Four, and I don’t expect to see them get to one in my lifetime. If you start from that baseline expectation, the Barnes era doesn’t look so bad. We are a historically “Meh” program in the grand scheme of things, and Barnes exceeds that threshold as a coach. For heaven’s sake, we haven’t even won a conference tournament in 41 years in a league that isn’t exactly stacked top to bottom. Getting to the tournament is the measuring stick for what constitutes “success” at Tennessee, and Barnes will regularly meet that goal.

Now whether that kind of performance is worth paying him a top 10 salary is another question entirely, but hey, it’s not our money.

Random thought but we must be saving a ton of money in our recruiting budget. Having one of the biggest budgets in the country and we aren’t spending anything to send coaches on the road, host recruits, or put on camps. The only thing we really have to pay for is the recruiting staff and a pro Zoom account. I need Jimmy to dig up these numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back