Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we’re a lot sloppier on O than we were in the beginning of the year too. Lot of silly turnovers, throwing the ball to spots where guys aren’t even there. At the beginning of the year you can blame some of that on Covid and not being able to practice and train all off season, especially for the FR. Now you can’t use that as an excuse (except for maybe Fulk if he lasting effects) its weird
Hence where my issue is with Barnes. I think he is trying to change the system somewhat, but is coaching an offense he doesnt really know how to coach.
My guess on defense would be theyre spending more time on offense in practice because they are trying something different and guys are forgetting assignments.
As far as Fulk, I think hes better than he shown this year, but I do think he was overrated coming into this season based on a few games at the end of last year. He belongs somewhere in the middle. I still blame Covid though with him.

The most frustrating part of this late season lull is it feels like we can see things that people that watch tape and practice don’t see. Vescovi is a off ball guard who needs to work to find his shot way more than he does. He should have more shots with the percentages he has. Jaden/Keon should be trying to drive to the basket for baskets/fouls but someone is teaching them to stop and look to pass. Pons needs to remain aggressive that drive and turnaround jumper is effective. Pons/James need to quit the hesitation on wide open 3s they pass them up and we get a worse shot. Bailey needs to keep being fed the ball basically the only dude not scare to let it fly when he has a shot. Fulky needs to sit and ON should be the guy playing when not playing small ball.

For whatever reason half these dudes have decided defense is optional and it’s unacceptable when your not a elite offense.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Not the refs. Blame us for not taking it to the hole. We have little confidence to shoot. Guys are open or can drive and shoot and they just pass it out of the opportunity or stop and allowed the help D to catch back up.

Dang it....guess I will have to be the one to post it...

TWSS...😁

Reactions: JacketVol
Hence where my issue is with Barnes. I think he is trying to change the system somewhat, but is coaching an offense he doesnt really know how to coach.
My guess on defense would be theyre spending more time on offense in practice because they are trying something different and guys are forgetting assignments.
As far as Fulk, I think hes better than he shown this year, but I do think he was overrated coming into this season based on a few games at the end of last year. He belongs somewhere in the middle. I still blame Covid though with him.
Yea I think you’re probably right. And I’m not sure you can do that mid season. Similar to the 2017-18 season defense is/was our identity. You take that away and you become what we are now

And I 100% agree with the Fulk statement

I can’t remember what game it was that a Fulky did some stupid after play dunk and he came down really awkward in his leg looked like he was lucky not to tear acl....I don’t know if stats support it or not but I feel like he just really has been a nobody sense around that timeframe. Seemed like he was at least serviceable then awful

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yea I think you’re probably right. And I’m not sure you can do that mid season. Similar to the 2017-18 season defense is/was our identity. You take that away and you become what we are now

And I 100% agree with the Fulk statement
I'll quit beating this dead horse for now after this
But I was listening to TB today after the game and he said Barnes made mention of using Keon at the 4. I actually like this idea. Imo we need to go back to the old O, so guys will quit thinking on offense, and have Keon be the one facilitating from the free throw line. A college 3 or 4 wont be able to guard him from there. I also think you take your chances with Pons playing the Schofield role at the 3 on offense and you have Fulk or O stay underneath and run the base line.

Then, there was #BuzzBall

This is better despite the frustrations. Much better.
I liked Buzz. He wasn't good enough but he got the program to a better place than when he arrived. And he got Lofton.

I met him at a Charlotte hornets event one night, and he said he got a call at 10 pm about some kid in Kentucky that nobody had heard of yet, and he needed to get on the plane immediately to come see him. He left the house right then, got to KY after midnight and went to see Lofton right away.

He was one of my favorite players to watch. Was a poor man's Curry with the insane deep shots that kept going in.

Reactions: mrMet and Brillovol
Putting my dog of eleven years down tma. Gonna be a terrible day. We got him before we got married and now have two kids and moved twice since having him. Gonna miss my boy.
terrible thought.

our lab ate chocolate back late summer, was terrible. she's ok, but it hit her hard. nearly lost her.

best of luck tomorrow

Me watching the BB game.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back