'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

How do you know there won’t be fans in attendance who like Bama or Clemson? I'm sure the 2-3 would be thrilled. The other 100 or so might not be.

I seriously doubt the invite to attend says “come join me Vol fans while I commit” if he plans on committing to another school. Are you seriously this naïve?

And I don’t think you understand how one’s moment works. He gets to commit to a P5 school at a ceremony celebrating all the hard work he’s put in to be in this position. The moment is about HIM, not about Tennessee. And I don't think you understand and to be frank I'm not surprised. It's a character thing. You don't get your jollies off at the expense of others no matter the circumstances.

It’s not like he’s having this ceremony on the 50 yard line at Neyland. His dad coaches at UT Martin. One of the campuses in the University of Tennessee system, it's huge Volunteer country. It's freakin' Pat Head Summit's alma mater. It's huge Tennessee Vol country

How do you know there won’t be fans in attendance who like Bama or Clemson?

I seriously doubt the invite to attend says “come join me Vol fans while I commit” if he plans on committing to another school.

And I don’t think you understand how one’s moment works. He gets to commit to a P5 school at a ceremony celebrating all the hard work he’s put in to be in this position. The moment is about HIM, not about Tennessee.

It’s not like he’s having this ceremony on the 50 yard line at Neyland.

A lot of people on here believe that if you are from the state of Tennessee you automatically bleed orange and should be more than willing to possibly sacrifice your future for the honor of running through the T on Saturdays. It’s simply delusional and entitled.

Based on earlier posts it seems like Ty isn’t even necessarily a big UT fan.

Reactions: kcvols1
I'm doing quite fine. I just us older folks just have a spine.
Is that what you call this?

1614290499913.png

You weren't invited and you aren't attending, so I can't even begin to understand the weird fanatic entitlement needed to get so offended on behalf of Ty's friends and family who are Vol fans.

Again. This event is about Ty, not about UT, Bama, or Clemson. Anyone who would go to an event like this just to celebrate some kid they don't give a **** about picking their favorite team is a weirdo and shouldn't be there.

Nothing wrong with liking or disliking the outcome, but the event itself is not an event for fans, it's an event for people who want to celebrate Ty's accomplishment of commiting to one of these schools. It has nothing to do with you or Volnation's honor. Someone from the "entitled" generation shouldn't have to be telling you this.

I have asked you and others several times... what does he get out of announcing in front of a bunch of Tennessee fans that he's not coming to Tennessee. What would be his motivation. You keep saying it's "His Moment". What kind of person enjoys "His Moment" disappointing a bunch of people?

Are they fans of Tennessee or fans of Ty?

Is that what you call this?

View attachment 354151

You weren't invited and you aren't attending, so I can't even begin to understand the weird fanatic entitlement needed to get so offended on behalf of Ty's friends and family who are Vol fans.

Again. This event is about Ty, not about UT, Bama, or Clemson. Anyone who would go to an event like this just to celebrate some kid they don't give a **** about picking their favorite team is a weirdo and shouldn't be there.

Nothing wrong with liking or disliking the outcome, but the event itself is not an event for fans, it's an event for people who want to celebrate Ty's accomplishment of commiting to one of these schools. It has nothing to do with you or Volnation's honor. Someone from the "entitled" generation shouldn't have to be telling you this.

And I can't understand the weird fascination to call in a bunch of Vol fans to announce he's going to Alabama. But I guess some get off on rubbing peoples faces in stuff to make themselves feel better. Like I said It's classless and if he does that I don't want him anywhere near this program and I hope they stop recruiting him. Character means something to me and that would display a serious character flaw.

I have asked you and others several times... what does he get out of announcing in front of a bunch of Tennessee fans that he's not coming to Tennessee. What would be his motivation. You keep saying it's "His Moment". What kind of person enjoys "His Moment" disappointing a bunch of people?

I'm guessing that most of the people who will be there are friends and family who will be happy for TS no matter where he goes. Sure, they would love it if he went to UT seeing as most of them probably are UT fans. They're not attending for UT's sake, though. They're attending because they care about TS and want to celebrate with him regardless of where he chooses to go.

I'm guessing that most of the people who will be there are friends and family who will be happy for TS no matter where he goes. Sure, they would love it if he went to UT seeing as most of them probably are UT fans. They're not attending for UT's sake, though. They're attending because they care about TS and want to celebrate with him regardless of where he chooses to go.
Answer the question. Why doesn't he just eliminate Tennessee then if he's not coming?

You do realize he isn’t the first player to ever commit to a school publicly, right?
Again why is he chosing this stage to punk on his home state school? Why not just eliminate Tennessee and chose between Clemson and Bama? He still gets "His Moment". Unless there are other motives.

Again why is he chosing this stage to punk on his home state school? Why not just eliminate Tennessee and chose between Clemson and Bama? He still gets "His Moment". Unless their are other motives.

LeBron wasn't hated for leaving Cleveland in 2010. It was how he did it.

I think that's the point. Know your audience.

Didn’t he already do that, as quoted in the 247 article?
Not really. He hadn't eliminated anyone. Talked about favoring but not eliminating.

Like I said I don't begrudge him for going elsewhere. I'm not that enthralled by him anyway. But I do get offended when anyone uses a stage to punk on UT or their fans.

Again why is he chosing this stage to punk on his home state school? Why not just eliminate Tennessee and chose between Clemson and Bama? He still gets "His Moment". Unless their are other motives.

Perhaps because UT is legitimately in his top 3 and AP has said that he was a lock to commit to UT before Pruitt got fired.

Why does he have to have such allegiance to UT just because he is from the state?

I know you like to troll sometimes but that guy calling Ty a “cuck” because he might commit to someone else in a public ceremony isn’t just some normal opinion sharing.
Was he calling TY a “cuck”? Thought he was calling you that. 😉 And you cling to this force field that anyone engaging you in conversation is “trolling”...it’s working great.

VN Store

Back