'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Clay also has a personal relationship with Freeze and Franklin so he was accurate that there were many interested. Unfortunately two of those were eliminated by default of our situation and their past and then Franklin got cold feet with the NCAA stuff

Was hard to expect Franklin to accept when they had just renovated the showers and everything at Penn St

So close!

Freeze would have done great here imo.

However, I’m eager to see what Heupel can accomplish.

I've heard nothing yet to suggest that Heupel is anything but a super decent human being and a good coach. If he's only 80% as good as Freeze, but is 100% a quality person, I gladly take a 1 game per year worse record. There comes a point when the drama needs to stop and quality and integrity need to take over. The program simply can't survive another round of this nonsense.

I just can't believe he's having this big announcement in heavy Big Orange Country choosing either Bama or Clemson. That would border on a huge troll. Why would he want to make enemies that he doesn't have to? I think he would just announced on Twitter or something.
You want the kid to travel out of state to make his announcement so he doesn't offend you? Oh. No. You think he should bypass his moment in the sun altogether so he doesn't offend you. Get a grip!

Reactions: de1conley
“Last season, the Tigers led the Southeastern Conference in yards per game with an average of 500.5. Missouri ranks No. 7 in the country in total offense this year, and the Tigers are averaging 39.3 points per game”

........ I mean
To be devil’s advocate, I believe Mizzou went 4-8 that season as well.

If he were smart to avoid backlash and knew he was going elsewhere he would be smart to let it be known now that we are out and not find out during announcement. Will lessen the blowback.
You mean like stating in an interview that he's 50/50 between Alabama or Clemson?

To be devil’s advocate, I believe Mizzou went 4-8 that season as well.
One season is a pretty small sample size to draw conclusions from also. Think of the tens of millions of dollars people threw Charlie Weis's way because they thought he knew something and really he was just lucky enough to Coach Tom Brady before it was fully known how great Brady is.

That is not to say to suggest Heupel can't produce great offensive numbers year in and year out in the SEC, it's just that 1 season, while encouraging is not enough to draw any kind of rock solid conclusion.

Both the sunshine pumpers and the BVS infected have to admit that we are 24 hours out from a 5* QB committing and we have no authoritative crystal balls coming in.

Reactions: UTMVol76
You want the kid to travel out of state to make his announcement so he doesn't offend you? Oh. No. You think he should bypass his moment in the sun altogether so he doesn't offend you. Get a grip!
Ever heard zoom?

I don't give two ***** where the guy goes. Maybe you're the one that needs to get a grip.

I will laugh my ass off if he chooses Bama and gets boo'd off the stage. What kind of person calls in a bunch of people he knows will be disappointed with his decision only to just rub their collective noses in it.

You freaking virtue signalers crack me up.

Last edited:
Ever heard zoom?

I don't give two ***** where the guy goes. Maybe you're the one that needs to get a grip.

I will laugh my ass off if he chooses Bama and gets boo'd off the stage. What kind of person calls in a bunch of people he knows will be disappointed with his decision only to just run their collective noses in it.

1614283004920.gif

Ever heard zoom?

I will laugh my ass off if he chooses Bama and gets boo'd off the stage. What kind of person calls in a bunch of people he knows will be disappointed with his decision only to just run their collective noses in it.

This kid doesn't owe a damn thing to the Tennessee fan base. He also is not the first highly rated player to commit to an out-of-state school. He can make his announcement anyway he sees fit, and you and every other fan are just going to have to get over it. The level of entitlement of a bunch of you guys is just unbelievable.

Of course not...just like UT will have never recruited Ty Simpson once he's committed to Alabama or Clemson.
I don’t think that will exactly be apples to apples. I don’t remember anyone from UGA wondering why he went to UT instead of Georgia. If Ty chooses UT there will be a lot of people pissed off wondering why he chose UT over the best brands in college football.

This kid doesn't owe a damn thing to the Tennessee fan base. He also is not the first highly rated player to commit to an out-of-state school. He can make his announcement anyway he sees fit, and you and every other fan are just going to have to get over it. The level of entitlement of a bunch of you guys is just unbelievable.
You can't be this ****ing dense but maybe you can. I DON'T GIVE A **** WHERE THE GUY GOES.

You're exactly right, he doesn't owe vol fans anything. One thing he doesn't owe vol fans is walking into a room full of vol fans and announce he's going to Bama.

If he doesn't want to be at Tennessee, I don't want him here. If he announces Bama or Clemson I hope that the staff stops recruiting him because that goes to character. I think it's extremely selfish for someone to "Have their moment" at the expense of others.

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back