'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

You can't be this ****ing dense but maybe you can. I DON'T GIVE A **** WHERE THE GUY GOES.

You're exactly right, he doesn't owe vol fans anything. One thing he doesn't owe vol fans is walking into a room full of vol fans and announce he's going to Bama.

If he doesn't want to be at Tennessee, I don't want him here. If he announces Bama or Clemson I hope that the staff stops recruiting him because that goes to character. I think it's extremely selfish for someone to "Have their moment" at the expense of others.

Preach that ****

Reactions: yourstruly23
You can't be this ****ing dense but maybe you can. I DON'T GIVE A **** WHERE THE GUY GOES.

You're exactly right, he doesn't owe vol fans anything. One thing he doesn't owe vol fans is walking into a room full of vol fans and announce he's going to Bama.

If he doesn't want to be at Tennessee, I don't want him here. If he announces Bama or Clemson I hope that the staff stops recruiting him because that goes to character. I think it's extremely selfish for someone to "Have their moment" at the expense of others.

He’s not having his moment at the expense of others.

He’s not hurting anyone by announcing Clemson or Bama.

He’s not stopping anyone else from having their moment.

He’s just having his moment that he’s earned.

I still thinks he picks Tennessee but if somehow he doesn’t, then that means he wants to play for a proven winner.

Pruitt & Fulmer left the program in shambles, way too much negativity surrounding the program right now.

Heupel needs more time to build trust & relationships with these instate kids.

So if he picks Clemson or Bama, he should announce it like he's ashamed of it to spare the feelings of a bunch of emotionally unstable UT fans who's entire week will be made or broken by the decision of a kid that has nothing to do with them?

Lol y'all wild.

Anyone attending his announcement should be happy for the kid fulfilling a dream of his and be able to compartmentalize that from the CFB team they like. Anyone who can't do that and wants to treat his announcement like it's a three way football game between Bama, UT, and Clemson shouldn't attend regardless. Boom. Problem solved.

I don’t understand how this simple concept is so hard for so many on this board to understand. He is not slapping Tennessee fans in the face by having a commitment ceremony at his school if he doesn’t pick Tennessee.

It’s embarrassing that people are even suggesting he should just commit via Twitter post to avoid hurting our mentally weak fanbase because we can’t accept our program is not desirable at this moment in time.

Ty is a teenager! He should be able to announce how he wants to announce and there should be no other considerations.

So if he picks Clemson or Bama, he should announce it like he's ashamed of it to spare the feelings of a bunch of emotionally unstable UT fans who's entire week will be made or broken by the decision of a kid that has nothing to do with them?

Lol y'all wild.

Anyone attending his announcement should be happy for the kid fulfilling a dream of his and be able to compartmentalize that from the CFB team they like. Anyone who can't do that and wants to treat his announcement like it's a three way football game between Bama, UT, and Clemson shouldn't attend regardless. Boom. Problem solved.
No what he needs to do is drive over to Neyland and sell a bunch tickets to Vol fans and then announce in a packed house that he's not choosing the Vols. That way he get off on disappointing even more Vol fans. It'll really be a feather in his cap.

LOL what a bunch of virtually signaling cucks.

Reactions: LoudOrange
No what he needs to do is drive over to Neyland and sell a bunch tickets to Vol fans and then announce in a packed house that he's not choosing the Vols. That way he get off on disappointing even more Vol fans. It'll really be a feather in his cap.

LOL what a bunch of virtually signaling cucks.

Go to sleep, old man.

He’s not having his moment at the expense of others. If he announces in front of bunch of Vol fans he's 100% doing it at the expense of others. If you can't see that you're blind.

He's disappointing Vol fans that would like for him to suit up for the big orange. Like I said most reasonable fans wouldn't like it if he chose another school but would prefer not to have it rubbed in their faces.

He’s not stopping anyone else from having their moment. Who claimed he was?

I still for the life of me can't understand how disappointing a bunch of Vol fans that show up to attend his announcement is any kind of "Moment" unless you get your jolly's off on that kind of thing.

I’ve felt good about this all week, but at this point the night before his announcement it’s hard to believe that it’s all a smokescreen. Maybe AP gives a glimmer of hope in the chat tonight.

Preparing my nads accordingly.

Reactions: Sir Bob Tosky
This is stupid. It’s not canceling someone for pointing out his behavior is immature. Ty owes this guy nothing. It’s embarrassing that a large portion of our fanbase seems to think otherwise.
You’re calling it “behavior”. He’s posting his opinion unless you’re alleging he’s in your backyard. “Think!”

Your behavior on here would seem to indicate otherwise.
Yeah. I guess me asking the dude to have an once of humility says I don't have a spine. It's really quite the opposite. It's indicative of the last few generations. You really Payton would call a meeting in front of a bunch of Ole Miss fans to announce he's going to Tennessee? It's called class. Anyone that thinks it's appropriate to intentionally disappoint a bunch of people and make it worse by rubbing their nose it is extremely self centered and selfish. I can guarantee you my children have more gumption than that.

I don't begrudge the kid for going somewhere else if he chooses to do so but I don't have one ounce of respect for anyone that would intentionally troll another group of people just to have "their moment" They can have "their moment" in other ways that don't rub it in their faces.

You’re calling it “behavior”. He’s posting his opinion unless you’re alleging he’s in your backyard. “Think!”

I know you like to troll sometimes but that guy calling Ty a “cuck” because he might commit to someone else in a public ceremony isn’t just some normal opinion sharing.

Reactions: MiramarVol
So no TN kid who ever picks another school should hold a commitment ceremony bc it’s selfish if Vol fans are in attendance?

Guess he needs a bouncer at the door that asks attendees who they’re a fan of before they’re allowed to enter.
I have asked you and others several times... what does he get out of announcing in front of a bunch of Tennessee fans that he's not coming to Tennessee. What would be his motivation. You keep saying it's "His Moment". What kind of person enjoys "His Moment" disappointing a bunch of people?

Reactions: LoudOrange
I have asked you and others several times... what does he get out of announcing in front of a bunch of Tennessee fans that he's not coming to Tennessee. What would be his motivation. You keep saying it's "His Moment". What kind of person enjoys "His Moment" disappointing a bunch of people?

How do you know there won’t be fans in attendance who like Bama or Clemson?

I seriously doubt the invite to attend says “come join me Vol fans while I commit” if he plans on committing to another school.

And I don’t think you understand how one’s moment works. He gets to commit to a P5 school at a ceremony celebrating all the hard work he’s put in to be in this position. The moment is about HIM, not about Tennessee.

It’s not like he’s having this ceremony on the 50 yard line at Neyland.

How do you know there won’t be fans in attendance who like Bama or Clemson?

I seriously doubt the invite to attend says “come join me Vol fans while I commit” if he plans on committing to another school.

And I don’t think you understand how one’s moment works. He gets to commit to a P5 school at a ceremony celebrating all the hard work he’s put in to be in this position. The moment is about HIM, not about Tennessee.

It’s not like he’s having this ceremony on the 50 yard line at Neyland.

The amount of logic you have brought in this argument does not belong on VolNation. Please leave, sir. The only valid argument here is one based on emotion.

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back