Texas, 'He Is Lying. People Are Dying'

I’m assuming the methane at the plant side is low pressure delivery also? I know residential delivery is specified in In-H20 since it is such low pressure. Just a handful of psi.
I don't have first-hand knowledge of how the pressure is handled at power plants but my guess would be, they connect to pipelines at pressures of 500+ psig at or pretty close to the perimeter of the plant, and regulate it down to where they need it for the turbines which is probably just a few psi.

For residential customers, yes, it's dropped down to a few psi. Would be interesting to know how close we are to the high pressure pipelines though.

I don't have first-hand knowledge of how the pressure is handled at power plants but my guess would be, they connect to pipelines at pressures of 500+ psig at or pretty close to the perimeter of the plant, and regulate it down to where they need it for the turbines which is probably just a few psi.

For residential customers, yes, it's dropped down to a few psi. Would be interesting to know how close we are to the high pressure pipelines though.
Yep I edited. Makes sense too. The head pressurization provides the delivery force until it’s just a few psi in the neighborhood lines.

Reactions: AM64
Did any of your energy experts looks like Alfred E. Newman?

The problem was in failure to winterize across the board. Texas gets the biggest portion of its electricity from natural gas. Almost all of the natural gas pipelines nationally "dehumidify" the pipelines, but the independent Texas grid producers do not (it's expensive). In severe cold like the past week, pipelines that do not dehumidify freeze up. That was the biggest portion of lost production.

And before you try to blame wind further, they have full year round windmills in Minnesota and North Dakota and they don't freeze up because they are engineered to operate in those temperatures.

Governor Abbott retracted his statement on Hannity where he blamed wind power. His spokesman admitted that was not correct.
Wind produced nothing during the event. Why would you prioritize weatherizing an energy source that you can't count on being there when you need it?

Wind produced nothing during the event. Why would you prioritize weatherizing an energy source that you can't count on being there when you need it?
Because it fits the narrative. As the article I linked said wind or solar can never be counted on as base load capacity and has to be offset by non environmentally generation capacity like fossil, nuke, hydro(?)

And as the article also said that extends to the whole national grid not just Texas. Everybody is ignoring base load protection capacity requirements to justify cost cutting on solar and wind.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
I do a lot of plumbing myself too. If we had an issue depending on where it was I might try to tackle it. But I don’t have any PEX crimpers or other tools. Would defer to a plumber on PEX repair but I could at least open to up and isolate it so it would be a quick repair.

Check out the SharkBite connectors. I think they are more expensive than the crimped connectors, but they seem to work very well. My brother in law apparently uses them a lot in houses he works on and builds. Except what I've seen in a couple of problems we've fixed here which were both leaky copper lines, I don't have any other experience, but I liked what I saw. What I found disturbing is both my leaks have been recent, in copper lines, and not at joints. One was behind a garage wall and the other under the house, but I don't like the trend knowing the same stuff is everywhere in a two story house.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
We had quite a snowstorm several years ago - and lost power for a few days. My wife took one son and went to stay with friends; I said I was staying to take care of things and my older son said he was staying, too. We moved refrigerated and frozen stuff to the deck, had gas range for cooking, and gas logs in the den, so it went pretty well ... until the water went - that was a real pain. No power to the water company meant no water - that raises problems to a whole new level, we had stuff to drink and could melt and boil snow - there was certainly plenty of it - but still a real pain in the butt.
Yep. Daughter’s next door neighbor had water so they filled up coolers. Still had to boil it till today. Boil order was lifted this afternoon and pressure was coming back.

Yep. Daughter’s next door neighbor had water so they filled up coolers. Still had to boil it till today. Boil order was lifted this afternoon and pressure was coming back.

Good news. Maybe 2021 will figure they've had their share of problems and treat them well the rest of the year.

Check out the SharkBite connectors. I think they are more expensive than the crimped connectors, but they seem to work very well. My brother in law apparently uses them a lot in houses he works on and builds. Except what I've seen in a couple of problems we've fixed here which were both leaky copper lines, I don't have any other experience, but I liked what I saw. What I found disturbing is both my leaks have been recent, in copper lines, and not at joints. One was behind a garage wall and the other under the house, but I don't like the trend knowing the same stuff is everywhere in a two story house.
Thx for the info. I’ve honestly not looked at repairing PEX at all. Figured if I did it wrong the cost would be prohibitively high to learn it. But I’ll check those out

Reactions: AM64
Thx for the info. I’ve honestly not looked at repairing PEX at all. Figured if I did it wrong the cost would be prohibitively high to learn it. But I’ll check those out

They are push on connectors. You can go PEX to PEX or PEX to copper, and they are available as Ts and probably other configurations. They seem to have a great seal. The last break was before the pressure reducer and not a dribble; I've been impressed because I've seen enough plumbing connections that didn't work that well.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
The answer is clearly bigger government intervention
😂🤡
Your answer is the unjust transference of the cost of doing business, not just to Texas businesses & citizens, but to the entire pool of insured in the US. It’s not a true free market, and enlightened regulation would mitigate risks and damages and spread lower costs over time, but you and your “true Texans” object because doing so makes too much sense?

Your answer is the unjust transference of the cost of doing business, not just to Texas businesses & citizens, but to the entire pool of insured in the US. It’s not a true free market, and enlightened regulation would mitigate risks and damages and spread lower costs over time, but you and your “true Texans” object because doing so makes too much sense?
My answer is your article is trash. For somebody that isn’t parroting MSM you sure do seem to point to them a bunch.

So you made an appeal to authority with this article. Let’s examine that. This article was published on Friday, the first day temps rose above freezing. So it has to be written on Thursday, while this event was still happening. Actual industry professionals ( see my link earlier) have stated that we need to see the data once it’s over to draw any meaningful conclusions. But your source has it all figured out while the event is still going on. And the answer is clearly more regulation🤡

Your article is trash, your opinion is also trash, your appeal to authority is rejected with prejudice. Again.

I’m sorry that this child died. His illegal immigrant family is suing the utility companies for $100 million. Expect more stuff like this from illegals that don’t give a rats butt about our country or it’s laws and are here for the handouts.
Family of 11-year-old boy who died in Texas deep freeze files $100 million suit against power companies
No autopsy yet, the attorney that filed the suit should be disbarred and have to give up any legal fees they would receive.
This was child neglect, there were warming station available to everyone that would look.

The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
"Mainstream media." Clearly, the author is a Stanford simp (like Herbert Hoover) who's published in such left wing rags as Mother Jones, Fortune, and The Wall Street Journal.
My answer is your article is trash. For somebody that isn’t parroting MSM you sure do seem to point to them a bunch.

So you made an appeal to authority with this article. Let’s examine that. This article was published on Friday, the first day temps rose above freezing. So it has to be written on Thursday, while this event was still happening. Actual industry professionals ( see my link earlier) have stated that we need to see the data once it’s over to draw any meaningful conclusions. But your source has it all figured out while the event is still going on. And the answer is clearly more regulation🤡

Your article is trash, your opinion is also trash, your appeal to authority is rejected with prejudice. Again.
Clearly, you can't be wrong...
[VIDEO=]

Reactions: Lerxtwood
I disagree with his statement but I understand the desire to assist. People benefited from low energy prices by a price plan that was based on stock market like supply and demand. It’s like buying a stock and saying “well I didn’t know I could lose THAT much” that’s disingenuous.

All inflated bills are put on hold. That’s good. What I think will happen is these wholesale providers will go under and those customer bills will be written off in the liquidation. It isn’t necessarily fair as they benefited from cheap prices but it’s reasonable. I’m sure the cardiac stress they have been experiencing the last few days offsets that.

Reactions: LouderVol and AM64

VN Store

Back