Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a couple former players like Kirkland, Sapp and Abernathy shout-out Willie Martinez return. Former players he recruited or coached seem to think it’s a good one to bring back
Why should I listen to people who have had success at Power 5 program and beyond when I can listen to random posters on VolNation?

Why should I listen to people who have had success at Power 5 program and beyond when I can listen to random posters on VolNation?
VolNation happens to be right on this one.......WM was an awful coach during his last stint.....maybe he's changed, but I have always believed that the past is prelude to the future....former players are not objective about their coaches because of relationships and time spent together.....I love all of our hires but this one.....don't allow player bias to negate what past actions proclaimed: WM was not a good coach........my fingers are crossed hoping he has changed

Maybe if we have access to a cabin in each recruiting state, we could be more productive...coaches can use my lake house when in Texas...maybe steal Quinn Ewers from ohio state?

What was that address again? Was the key under the mat or the planter? Asking for the coaches.

VolNation happens to be right on this one.......WM was an awful coach during his last stint.....maybe he's changed, but I have always believed that the past is prelude to the future....former players are not objective about their coaches because of relationships and time spent together.....I love all of our hires but this one.....don't allow player bias to negate what past actions proclaimed: WM was not a good coach........my fingers are crossed hoping he has changed
Nobody is holding a gun to their heads to make them say these things. If they didn’t like him or they didn’t think he helped them during their career then they wouldn’t say anything.

And you speak about objectivity like you are the sole proprietor of it. I’d say they subjectively know more about how good or bad he was or wasn’t than most of us.

Last edited:
orange parmejohn said:
I don’t get into the RF vs FF war but I feel like that forum is about 2 days behind this one on names and info. Is that just me?

Even though there is some from the RF that venture over there and there are a few good posters that post there, It’s about the same except the FF will spend that 2 days telling each other they’re either drunk, delusional, “I’ll have what your having” on any conversation. The names and info gets lost in it.

Things are much more hostile in the FF.

Safe to say Willie M is a guy players love and missed based on all these comments from kids that he recruited and played for excited and happy he is back. Guys that really haven’t said much since Pruitt era. Alitzer another one been getting tons of love. JH off to a good start. Hopefully will start seeing more former Vols back around program visiting.

Lots and lots of new names (recruits) popping up in the RF. Looks like:
1) Staff is busy.
2) Staff is recruiting some different guys than the previous staff.

Hopefully we can land some of these guys in days to come and build a competitive roster.

Anyone compiling a list of new possible recruits? Excited to see this staff build their own roster and go out and git us wins.

I saw that mentioned somewhere. He laid into Pruitt pretty bad. It made me wonder if he would try to get involved with program again. Not the best recruiter but always good technician teacher

Not every position coach needs to be a great recruiter.........just some of them. Last staff shows that great recruiters don't mean d!ck if they can't coach a lick.

orange parmejohn said:
I don’t get into the RF vs FF war but I feel like that forum is about 2 days behind this one on names and info. Is that just me?

Things are much more hostile in the FF.
Something interesting about the recruiting forum is we don't start a lot of random threads. All of those random threads are really posted in this one thread and the info is pretty current. I don't have to bounce around to different threads to get info. This means the vast majority of us are very familiar with one another because we all hang out in this one thread and because we're recruiting junkies it's a year round commitment.

We don't always get along but it's a decently cohesive group for an anonymous internet forum.

This might be my BVS talking, but from watching our administration do things, sometimes I wonder if salaries that high are just a giant red flag.

Props to that guy for getting that salary, and props to Texas for being willing to pay it.

But if you are requiring a salary that much higher than the market value to do a job, it really calls in to question your motivation for being there. When you are getting paid like 40% more than the next highest paid coach in your position, how much are you really going to care about your job performance?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It wasn’t long after he was hired he mentioned his kids signing rocky top and posters here proclaimed he was all in and would never want to go back to bama. They honeymoon didn’t last long

The only time Pruitt seemed bought in was for a brief time in '19. Second half of Bama game. SC game.

Reactions: beneVOLence
Are we only recruiting 3 stars now? Seems like a bunch of new 3 star offers.
Yes that’s part of our new sanctions handed down by the NCAA. We are only allowed to recruit 3*s except we can sign 2 4*s. Also our recruiting department can only use 6s or below for hostesses until 2023 and then we can bump up to solid 8s.

Thems the rules now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back