Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some situations didn't seem fixable. Some were burned out on UT, some felt slighted and some talked about leaving during the season, which added to the team's distractions. Threatening to leave and being talked back again and again seldom works-- and IDT the new staff would have had the same tolerance for it.

I really love that we cleaned house to give the new staff opportunity to build it back up. I am talking mainly about the Recruiting Dept. I think they have done an outstanding job in who they have hired there. That being said, I have no problem with kids who have been burned out with all that has gone on, those who would never fit in with this system now, and those like HT who has got to do what's best for his career since he is in his last year. Also, those who became toxic to the program. I believe this staff will bring in the culture change we thought was coming with Pruitt.

Reactions: Nashvegas31 and you
WM always seemed like a really fun, affable, passionate guy, but I could also see where if things went south all that passion and energy would turn sour quickly.

I've never heard anyone talk so favorable about Will Muschamp.
But yeah, that passion and energy ...
musraaage.0.gif

I really love that we cleaned house to give the new staff opportunity to build it back up. I am talking mainly about the Recruiting Dept. I think they have done an outstanding job in who they have hired there. That being said, I have no problem with kids who have been burned out with all that has gone on, those who would never fit in with this system now, and those like HT who has got to do what's best for his career since he is in his last year. Also, those who became toxic to the program. I believe this staff will bring in the culture change we thought was coming with Pruitt.

Henry may go to the NFL after one more season, but technically he's not in his last year. Not really close.
Am I wrong? Isn't he a junior with his junior and senior years plus the covid bonus year?
Look, I know he gone ... but he's still got some eligibility left.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Lol Henry T is staring wherever he goes and will be in the NFL the following year.

If Henry T goes to Bama he's gonna be in a dog fight to see the field.

Christian Harris & Will Anderson Jr. both return as under classmen and in the '20 & '21 classes 6 LBs all 4 stars were brought in. I'm not saying Henry T won't start if he goes there, don't misunderstand. But it's not a given, regardless of what he's being told.

He 100% starts if he returns to UT though.

Some good people got swept out with the trash. But the program needed a fresh start, and the incoming staff needed the freedom to build the way they wanted. With ownership comes accountability. So far, so good. We'll see what they can do.

The new staff is clearly covering the recruiting bases. Garner will really help us in GA, and that was a priority. We'll have a better toehold in MI, the Midwest and West TN. Need to shore up the midstate and re-establish our own backyard, but JH is on that.

Some good people got swept out with the trash. But the program needed a fresh start, and the incoming staff needed the freedom to build the way they wanted. With ownership comes accountability. So far, so good. We'll see what they can do.

The new staff is clearly covering the recruiting bases. Garner will really help us in GA, and that was a priority. We'll have a better toehold in the Midwest and West TN. Need to shore up the midstate and re-establish our own backyard, but JH is on that.
Florida, Virginia, and the Carolinas are also states we need to be able to recruit in. Especially Virginia and the Carolinas, IMO.

The new staff is clearly covering the recruiting bases. Garner will really help us in GA, and that was a priority. We'll have a better toehold in MI, the Midwest and West TN. Need to shore up the midstate and re-establish our own backyard, but JH is on that.

Think Elarbee helps in the mid-state with his time at MTSU?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So the players that came for Pruitt are leaving because Pruitts gone and it's his fault? Issues are way bigger I have a feeling the people who caused them are still employed by the university.

Huh? No one in that recruiting office is still employed, and I’m pretty sure Dylan Brooks has no clue who Donde Plowman or Randy Boyd are, if that’s what you are insinuating.

Pretty clear that Brooks wanted to play for Pruitt and was probably getting some incentive to do so. Those are both gone, so he is too.

bring him in for his punt blocking ability. That’s impressive.

I remember we almost took his brother Vai as an "under the radar"/sleeper recruit last cycle, but I think numbers didn't shake out well for him the final week before signing. Ended up signing with SDSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back