Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of y’all ever seen euphoria? It’s like every other ****** teen drama but for some reason this one has me binge watching. Maybe I’m just desperate for anything from my HBO subscription since GOT got killed off.

Yeah it’s intriguing.

Check out The Undoing and The Outsider. Two great shows on HBO from this past year.

I embedded it. I can watch it here on this site
Yeah, I don’t know what the difference is, maybe some DRM crap or something, but for instance I can click on your Dubliners video and I get the “Video not available” thing with a link to watch on YouTube, but then I click on your Alpinestars video and it plays locally. And you’re using the same media embedment for both.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: StoVol
Derek Trucks is my guy. Dude is like the Hendrix of slide guitar imo. Completely changed the game.

Growing up as a kid (Grunge era) I always found myself banging my head to some Alice In Chains!...aside from Lanye’s voice wanting me to set someone’s house on fire! Jerry Cantrell always got my inner mosh pit coming out!🤘🏽 By the way Alice In Chains is better than Nirvana...dont @me 👀😅😂😂

Last edited:
Growing up as a kid (Grunge era) I always found myself banging my head to some Alice In Chains!...aside from Lanye’s voice wanting me to someone’s house on fire! Jerry Cantrell always got my inner mosh pit coming out!🤘🏽 By the way Alice In Chains is better than Nirvana...dont @me 👀😅😂😂
I 1000% I agree with your assessment, sir! Nirvana makes me want to change the station. AIC makes me want to crank the stereo to full blast while headbutting a concrete wall

And Warren would be saying that for Dereks benefit. Derek can’t tune Warrens strings.
I wouldn't say that, Train; but, I like where your head is at. I've seen Warren chew up many a guitar players, and spit them out. Very few are able to step foot on a stage with him, and Trucks is one of em. Jimmy Herring is another one.

Any of y’all ever seen euphoria? It’s like every other ****** teen drama but for some reason this one has me binge watching. Maybe I’m just desperate for anything from my HBO subscription since GOT got killed off.
House Of The Dragon will be along shortly.

Reactions: The Comb
BOOOOOO on U2 and I never was a Stones fan.
Mick Jagger never could win a singing contest.They had a few good songs but I’m a Pink Floyd fan myself.I went to a lot of concerts when I was young.Montrose was an opening act for one of them and I left thinking they should have been the main act.Now Sammy Hagar could sing.

Reactions: hooter vol
I wouldn't say that, Train; but, I like where your head is at. I've seen Warren chew up many a guitar players, and spit them out. Very few are able to step foot on a stage with him, and Trucks is one of em. Jimmy Herring is another one.

Let me say this. Trucks is one hell of a guitar player. But Warren Haynes?? I think that dude dug up Robert Johnson’s corpse and made another deal at Clarksdale.

AC/DC

And the rest of my playlist is all over the place. You guys just added some .

Always need more workout songs.

I was at The Guitar Center at 100 Oaks about 4 years ago strumming on a guitar I in no way should have been playing and one row over this guy starts TEARING UP A BASS, it was Victor Wooten.....I put the guitar down, listened and then just eased out. He played downtown with the Rock Williams Group and they all could JAM.
Similar thing happened to me at guitar center in Knoxville. Me and a friend were messing with some guitars when we heard somebody going nuts in the drum room... we walked in there and could tell this dude is obviously a pro.. ended up being Jason Aldean’s drummer who stopped in before their show that night. He played along to a couple Aldean songs for the 5 of us that were in there at the time. Super cool

Let me say this. Trucks is one hell of a guitar player. But Warren Haynes?? I think that dude dug up Robert Johnson’s corpse and made another deal at Clarksdale.
I remember watching Trucks and Haynes go at it, at an Allnan Brothers concert in Charlotte years ago. It was “HOLY S***” incredible. Haynes edged him in the 12th round. I can’t say that either is a better guitar player but I do think Trucks’ legacy and impact will eclipse Haynes.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
I'd like to inject some Joe Bonamassa into this conversation of guitar players who can "hang" with Warren Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back