Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago there was a group of us that would frequent a club in Printers Alley I believe was called Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar that had a regular band play that was very good. Can't remember the lead guy's name but he always dressed and tried to resemble Stevie Ray Vaughan. Is that still there and anyone remember his name? One night we were there, the ZZ Top guys came in and sat at the bar putting down a few. Place was packed and not a seat to be had but them boys sure got em! lol

Reactions: hooter vol
Love Clapton, but Jimi Hendrix turned the guitar world on its head.
Jimi wasn't the greatest 'technical' guitarist, but when you consider his creativity, his "feel", song writing, etc., he's one of the greatest musicians/performers to ever grace a stage. He was very humble and didn't buy into the "greatest guitarist" thing. When asked once what it felt like to be the greatest guitarist in the world, Jimi replied, "I don't know, ask Phil Keaggy."

I've seen many of the older greats, Page, Beck, Clapton, Eddie, Lifeson, Iommi, Gilmour, Gibbons, Angus, Rhoads, Malmsteen, etc., but he and SRV were rare players that, I like to say, you couldn't tell where the guitar stops and the person begins... The instrument was literally a part of them...

Last edited:
On the recruiting front we’ve picked up the strongest buzz we’ve heard to this point that five-star 2022 prospect Brandon Huntley-Hatfield is leaning towards reclassification. If that happens I like Tennessee’s chances a great deal as of right now.
So uhh we talking Basketball now?

Mick Jagger never could win a singing contest.They had a few good songs but I’m a Pink Floyd fan myself.I went to a lot of concerts when I was young.Montrose was an opening act for one of them and I left thinking they should have been the main act.Now Sammy Hagar could sing.
Can't you hear me knocking is a fun ass song! Not a huge Stones fan but they had some bangers.

Reactions: TennacJed
Years ago there was a group of us that would frequent a club in Printers Alley I believe was called Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar that had a regular band play that was very good. Can't remember the lead guy's name but he always dressed and tried to resemble Stevie Ray Vaughan. Is that still there and anyone remember his name? One night we were there, the ZZ Top guys came in and sat at the bar putting down a few. Place was packed and not a seat to be had but them boys sure got em! lol
Stacy Mitchhart?

Reactions: SugarCC
One of the best shows I ever saw was ZZ Topp, Deguello tour. Billy was a slide playing fool back then.. Another was, Lonesome George Thorouhgood. George and the Destroyers were ****ing great. Put on a HELLUVA show...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back