Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I went to see Bela Fleck at Royce Hall at UCLA and my nephew, who was a teenager at the time, took his bass guitar with him to see if he could get Victor Wooten to sign it. I walked down to the stage with him after the show and he asked for the autograph and Wooten was like really? You want me to write on your bass? Like he was surprised somebody would want that. But he signed it, very cool dude.
Saw Wooten in Fayetteville a few years back. Pretty cool stuff. My bass player buddy who is absolutely obsessed with him actually got to jam with him at this clinic Victor put on at the community college in Hot Springs of all places. I’ve read his book. Talked to him after that Fayetteville show too. Just a genuinely good dude!

Saw Wooten in Fayetteville a few years back. Pretty cool stuff. My bass player buddy who is absolutely obsessed with him actually got to jam with him at this clinic Victor put on at the community college in Hot Springs of all places. I’ve read his book. Talked to him after that Fayetteville show too. Just a genuinely good dude!
I was at The Guitar Center at 100 Oaks about 4 years ago strumming on a guitar I in no way should have been playing and one row over this guy starts TEARING UP A BASS, it was Victor Wooten.....I put the guitar down, listened and then just eased out. He played downtown with the Rock Williams Group and they all could JAM.

Years ago a band I was in opened for Rick Derringer. That guy can frail the piss out of a guitar.. After the sound check we were all hangin out having a beer and he started telling stories about Johnny Winter. Some funny sh!t... Johnny was epic...

Stan Lassiter lives about a mile from me. Back in the 70's his group could jam. He still plays around but he has literally played with every big name guitar player you can think of. Check him out on Youtube. He is a true musician in every since of the word. Wasn't worried about fame he just played.

Why y’all sleeping on Eric Clapton 👀😂
Guys like Clapton (Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, etc) go without saying, you know. But, since you brought him up...he's my second favorite guitar player behind George Harrison. Cream Clapton =

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’

Its fusion but he can play and he's a nice guy to boot. They don't just play country down town. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back