4-2-5 D?

No I understand what your saying. Disguising defenses are effective. My observations the last 2 seasons. We had way too many blown or missed assignments on defense. Multiple times this year i saw our Lb’s in particular miss run fits and back out in the flats. You can run the most elaborate schemes you want but too but if the Jimmy’s and Joe’s don’t know x’ and O’s your gonna get smoked . Think of it this way you can enter a Ferrari in a go cart race but if the drivers blind your gonna lose. All of this was so frustrating this year cause we had a HC that wouldn’t play other Qb’s cause they supposedly didn’t have a grasp of the playbook yet we kept trying to run defensive schemes that left players esp the back end confused and out of position.
I really don't know how or why you pivoted to execution from what I wrote. I agree with everything you just wrote. It wasn't the original point I made or even was the previous poster was talking about. Your pivot was the equivalent of changing the conversation.

Name our 4 linebackers.... can’t wait for this answer
Lol. Sorry but I have other things to do but to stay on here all night but to answer your question QC, Henry, Bennett and Johnson. Miss Taylor this year. He was a stud. Been watching him play in a 3-4 since high school where they too would walk him up to a 5 tech.

Also anxious to see what the Aaron Willis kid will do. Seen him play since he was in little league. Kid is a beast inside. A little undersized. His HS played him at OLB and didn’t think he played in space well but we will see.

Lol. Sorry but I have other things to do but to stay on here all night but to answer your question QC, Henry, Bennett and Johnson. Miss Taylor this year. He was a stud. Been watching him play in a 3-4 since high school where they too would walk him up to a 5 tech.
I understand your understanding of what a 3-4 defense is... I’m not saying that. What I’m saying we’ve pretty much ran 5 dbs pruitts entire tenure. Sham

Reactions: papatomany
Is this defense capable of defending the most dreaded pass the UT defense has faced in the last several years...the slant pass?

That being said, I'm anxious to see if UT can win 4 games this year!

Starting lineup

SDE 6'3 290 L Bumphis
DT 6'4 300 M Butler
DT 6'4 305 A Solomon
WDE 6'2 240 Q Crouch

MLB B Eason 6'2 250
OLB M Joseph 6'2 230

CB A Taylor 6'0 195
CB C Charles 6'1 185
DB T McDonald 6'2 205
FS T Flowers 6'0 200
SS J McCullough 6'0 210

Reactions: butchna
Pruitt seemed to favor a 5-1-5 that opened the short middle of the field.
The transition should be easy and help Crouch return if nothing else. The league has moved away from a power run league and is more of a passing league now and that has really changed the role of an LB.
I don’t think a 5-5-5 would have helped our d last year.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Sooner or later things will cycle back. The first time a team runs the ball 80% with PA passing and keeping the ball away from these offenses the defenses will go back to big lumbering 4-3 base to stop it.

Or a 3-4 for that matter . . . Nickel and Dime packages are more the norm these days rather than a down and distance decision, this was stated above, with teams pushing 4 wideouts with TE's running routes against the traditional 4-3 or 3-4 defenses are doomed to giving up large chunk plays.

I like the morphing of defensive philosophies to address the "spread offenses", looking back at Monte Kiffin's Tampa Two scheme I believe that it would be great in today's game.

GBO
Many of those 4th and 5th receivers are running simple sprint drag routes, all the way across the field. No way LB's can keep up. Bama's WR's made a living doing this all 2020. It's not rocket science. If you pull the LB's for DB's. they run. If you don't, they burn you. Its like choosing between a death of a thousand cuts, or a couple huge gashes.

Reactions: BigDave
Our DB roster is awful and the shelves are bare with underclassmen. Will be difficult to come up with 5 decent starters and likely 7-8 who can contribute.
We got plenty. And we got some fast WR's that may not contribute and could be moved to corner.

You play Madden?
I used to play NCAA Football. Madden is horrific. Personally I like the addition of a 3rd safety/skilled tweener and lighter playmaking backers as turnovers are huge momentum boosters in real life college football... I am no gamer though ain't nothing like the real thang baby 😉

VN Store

Back