Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better

There is nothing wrong with the SEC Tournament. It's a tournament sport and it's great competition that gives teams a second opportunity to be crowned a champion. The biggest negative is the quick turnaround to the NCAA. It's still better to win and be a hot team than lose early.

There is nothing wrong with the SEC Tournament. It's a tournament sport and it's great competition that gives teams a second opportunity to be crowned a champion. The biggest negative is the quick turnaround to the NCAA. It's still better to win and be a hot team than lose early.

It’s extremely clear the real SEC champion is Alabama this season

I applaud Rick Barnes for seeing that an offense that was ran thru Fulky and Pons led by SV wasn’t going to get this team deep in March. I applaud him for firing his OC mid season and starting a new!

it’s clear Barnes has left his comfort zone and is letting this team lose and make no mistake it’s the reason why we have seen some real stinkers. It’s the reason why Fulky and Pons are having to rediscover themselves and yea it got worse for the short term

but tonight showed us how Fulky can be extremely effective. He just needs to be a slasher and a garbage man. He can be a 10-12 pt guy a night and Pons really stepped up with great rebounding tonight.

And yes if this team is going to make a special run in March it will be led by Springer, Johnson, James, SV and Bailey. The guards can take us to the final 4 with this new dribble drive offense we are seeing!

i am excited for March!

Like what you say, but making it to F-4 is not in the future for this squad. The one on one success will not work against top flight teams and there is not enough playing time for this 5 man squad to development a "team" type offensive. It will remain a scattered look on offense with good results in the one on one mode, but this can't get you to the F-4. HOWEVER THOU IT"S FUN TO WATCH!!!! GO VOLS!!!

Like what you say, but making it to F-4 is not in the future for this squad. The one on one success will not work against top flight teams and there is not enough playing time for this 5 man squad to development a "team" type offensive. It will remain a scattered look on offense with good results in the one on one mode, but this can't get you to the F-4. HOWEVER THOU IT"S FUN TO WATCH!!!! GO VOLS!!!
One on one success? Last night this team had 26 assists.

One on one success? Last night this team had 26 assists.

Which as I saw it led to one guy turning the play into a one on one. As in a pass from one player to another who goes on a one on one display for a basket. I guess I define an asst. as a play where the ball handler is making a move to the basket AND then leads another teammate in a basket. Not just I, standing still, pass to you who are standing still take then take a side step of fake forward move, then shoot and make the goal. That to me does not constitute a play with an asst. just a one on one play.

The SEC tourney is nothing but a $ making event.

2.5 months is what crowns a real champion. Not 5 days
This is the mind set that has the bowl season in football beginning to have problems. The "opt out" by football players shows they are not there "for the love of the game" but only for their self interest and success in the "business". I enjoy any sport's tournament when the players truly are in it to win. That is what it is about to me, the desire to win anytime the bell, buzzer, umpire says "PLAY BALL!!!"

The SEC tourney is worthless and losing in the first round allows the team to rest and heal up for what really matters. Just ask South Carolina how much the SEC tourney meant to them in their Final Four year
I’m just joking around. It’s not necessarily a harbinger for NCAA success. Still want to win it

I applaud Rick Barnes for seeing that an offense that was ran thru Fulky and Pons led by SV wasn’t going to get this team deep in March. I applaud him for firing his OC mid season and starting a new!

it’s clear Barnes has left his comfort zone and is letting this team lose and make no mistake it’s the reason why we have seen some real stinkers. It’s the reason why Fulky and Pons are having to rediscover themselves and yea it got worse for the short term

but tonight showed us how Fulky can be extremely effective. He just needs to be a slasher and a garbage man. He can be a 10-12 pt guy a night and Pons really stepped up with great rebounding tonight.

And yes if this team is going to make a special run in March it will be led by Springer, Johnson, James, SV and Bailey. The guards can take us to the final 4 with this new dribble drive offense we are seeing!

i am excited for March!

All I saw was that we were following covid protocol and that South Carolina is hot garbage. Only the freshman guards can score off the dribble and create shots - so if we play anyone good or well coached Bailey and Fulky will be back to what you saw the last two weeks. If we can
just convince everyone to play a soft zone against us and let us run the floor we are golden.

Reactions: Roustabout
Which as I saw it led to one guy turning the play into a one on one. As in a pass from one player to another who goes on a one on one display for a basket. I guess I define an asst. as a play where the ball handler is making a move to the basket AND then leads another teammate in a basket. Not just I, standing still, pass to you who are standing still take then take a side step of fake forward move, then shoot and make the goal. That to me does not constitute a play with an asst. just a one on one play.
We see things differently I suppose. For the most part I saw lots of terrific passing and ball movement.

All I saw was that we were following covid protocol and that South Carolina is hot garbage. Only the freshman guards can score off the dribble and create shots - so if we play anyone good or well coached Bailey and Fulky will be back to what you saw the last two weeks. If we can
just convince everyone to play a soft zone against us and let us run the floor we are golden.

It wasn’t just last night. It was second half at Rupp, it was against Kansas. It takes time to move away from the work thru the post offense. Growing pains are Certain

I’m just joking around. It’s not necessarily a harbinger for NCAA success. Still want to win it

If we go deep sure I’d like to win it but I’d rather lose game one. I don’t think the tourney matters much if any for ncaa seeding purposes anyways

The SEC tourney is worthless and losing in the first round allows the team to rest and heal up for what really matters. Just ask South Carolina how much the SEC tourney meant to them in their Final Four year
Or Auburn in their Final Four year.

I think it’s also worth looking/discussing, the impact it’s having defensively...if we look at the last 4 games as where we starting pushing the tempo, yes the offense numbers are better, but defensive numbers are much worse. In those 4 games our offense which was performing at around 60th nationally on the season in that 4 game window only would rank around 25th nationally. On the flip side the defense which was 1 or 2 nationally on the season, in this 4 game window only would be ranked around 50th nationally.

So previously you had #1/#2 Defense and #60 offense, now you would have #50 defense and #25 offense.

Yes the offense needed to improve, but not at the expense of this becoming an average team defensively, need to find the balance to make this team Top 25 in both areas.

I think it’s also worth looking/discussing, the impact it’s having defensively...if we look at the last 4 games as where we starting pushing the tempo, yes the offense numbers are better, but defensive numbers are much worse. In those 4 games our offense which was performing at around 60th nationally on the season in that 4 game window only would rank around 25th nationally. On the flip side the defense which was 1 or 2 nationally on the season, in this 4 game window only would be ranked around 50th nationally.

So previously you had #1/#2 Defense and #60 offense, now you would have #50 defense and #25 offense.

Yes the offense needed to improve, but not at the expense of this becoming an average team defensively, need to find the balance to make this team Top 25 in both areas.

Is that pts allowed or defensive efficiency?

IMO, I think this year the SECT would only hurt us. We are so inconsistent, there is little chance we would win it.

The odds are that we would lose either first game or 2nd. Another loss would affect our seeding in the tourney. This loss could possibly send us
into the dreaded 5th seed, especially if we also lose one of our remaining regular season games.

As it stands now, if we win out I would expect a 3 seed. Two losses could possibly send us to 5 seed.

VN Store

Back