Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better

BruinVol

I applaud Rick Barnes for seeing that an offense that was ran thru Fulky and Pons led by SV wasn’t going to get this team deep in March. I applaud him for firing his OC mid season and starting a new!

it’s clear Barnes has left his comfort zone and is letting this team lose and make no mistake it’s the reason why we have seen some real stinkers. It’s the reason why Fulky and Pons are having to rediscover themselves and yea it got worse for the short term

but tonight showed us how Fulky can be extremely effective. He just needs to be a slasher and a garbage man. He can be a 10-12 pt guy a night and Pons really stepped up with great rebounding tonight.

And yes if this team is going to make a special run in March it will be led by Springer, Johnson, James, SV and Bailey. The guards can take us to the final 4 with this new dribble drive offense we are seeing!

i am excited for March!

I want to see more than we have, but yes there’s some reason for optimism...SC isn’t good anyways but was missing 2 of their best players, let’s see how we look in our next 2 games and if this is a consistent type showing. Also how does it look with JJJ back? How does it look when Bailey doesn’t go 7/10 from 3? Just want to see more.

I want to see more than we have, but yes there’s some reason for optimism...SC isn’t good anyways but was missing 2 of their best players, let’s see how we look in our next 2 games and if this is a consistent type showing. Also how does it look with JJJ back? How does it look when Bailey doesn’t go 7/10 from 3? Just want to see more.

It’s going to look bad again but it doesn’t matter what it looks like right now. There is no SEC title to win. The only thing that matters is the NCAA tourney and we can use the next 4-7 games to get ready. Just peak when it matters

USC might have been short handed, but that didn’t stop them from hitting 7 early 3 pointers that prevented TN blowing them out by half time.

It’s going to look bad again but it doesn’t matter what it looks like right now. There is no SEC title to win. The only thing that matters is the NCAA tourney and we can use the next 4-7 games to get ready. Just peak when it matters
Did they cancel the SEC tourney?

Well it would be nice to get the best seed possible for the NCAAT, so winning would be nice 🤷🏻‍♂️

Need to be more consistent; especially on offense.

Defense needs to do a better job against teams that launch the 3's early and often.

Young guys are getting better and will be key assets during tourney time.

The offense looks better and they are having more purpose in their sets. The post ups are dwindling. The transition game has been prevalent. Bailey got some good looks and finally had a good game. I got to see this against a good team tho. We haven’t beaten a good team since Kansas and are 3-5 since January against kenpom top 50 teams.

Let’s not get to giddy over bearing one of the worst SEC teams that was playing without two of their starters. We still make a lot of unforced eroors turning the ball over. Matin gambled with playing a zone when most teams have been beating us by playing physical man to man defense. Not sure what he was thinking and it just so happened we were hitting our 3’s.
Let’s beat KY , another bottom feeder in the SEC, Saturday and then we can get excited

I applaud Rick Barnes for seeing that an offense that was ran thru Fulky and Pons led by SV wasn’t going to get this team deep in March. I applaud him for firing his OC mid season and starting a new!

it’s clear Barnes has left his comfort zone and is letting this team lose and make no mistake it’s the reason why we have seen some real stinkers. It’s the reason why Fulky and Pons are having to rediscover themselves and yea it got worse for the short term

but tonight showed us how Fulky can be extremely effective. He just needs to be a slasher and a garbage man. He can be a 10-12 pt guy a night and Pons really stepped up with great rebounding tonight.

And yes if this team is going to make a special run in March it will be led by Springer, Johnson, James, SV and Bailey. The guards can take us to the final 4 with this new dribble drive offense we are seeing!

i am excited for March!

Sorry to call anyone out, but it is obvious to those who have that you have never listened to or read anything Barnes has been saying ALL SEASON about the offense he wants his players to run.

If you had, you would have used blue font.

Go to the source. Reading rants will jack up your passions but will leave you ill-informed and in danger of looking foolish.

Sorry to call anyone out, but it is obvious to those who have that you have never listened to or read anything Barnes has been saying ALL SEASON about the offense he wants his players to run.

If you had, you would have used blue font.

Go to the source. Reading rants will jack up your passions but will leave you ill-informed and in danger of looking foolish.

Barnes has said for years he wants “to run” but saying it over and over doesn’t make it true when the next thing out of his mouth is “our offense runs thru the post”.

So you can have your “go to the source” post all you want but the real proof is in what we see on the court and for the first time in Barnes tenure here at Tennessee we are seeing an offense they isn’t running thru the post. If you can’t see this there isn’t danger of you looking foolish you are already there.

VN Store

Back