The Official #19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Nice win. If Bailey plays like that and Fulk contributes at all in the paint look out. Pons erases so many baskets at the rim. Springer is by far the most talented and complete player on the team. What a talent. Would be nice to get hot in the tourney, if so, look out. Yes, I’m hoping for the best with a team in need of a dominant big.

Look , I think Barnes is a solid coach. I just don’t think he can be considered “ great” until he has more success in March. Look at his record vs. legit great coaches and get back to me
Where is this list of "legit great coaches"? Find that link, and get back to me.

Nice win for the Vols tonight. Awesome to see Bailey get back on track, hopefully he still on Saturday. Big game on Saturday with UK. Barnes seems to own Cal.

I think his main weakness is defensively and it’s kind of hard to tell in blowouts. I feel like he’d get abused in high pick and roll action.
Maybe, but with his size it would be nice to throw him out there for a few minutes against some bigger guys. Let him knock around other teams guys for a few minutes.

Take out the turnovers and that was a clinic on offense. 26 assists on 32 made baskets. That’s how the game is suppose to be played. Great flow to the game and even whenever it got to single digits it felt like we were always in control. Huge game from Bailey. He was 1/3 of the offense tonight. Great to have Fulk show up. I think he loves playing against USCjr. And once again, Jaden Springer is the X Factor. He is calm beyond his years, perfect 8-8 on free throws and knows his spots on the floor. He plays like a vet and it’s truly a joy to watch.

That Ole Miss game still bugs me,, but it would be a nice close out to win the next 3 reg season games and go healthy 18-5 into the SEC tournament. Then see what shakes out there and beyond.

Easy win, don’t know about nice. Avoided a terrible loss and hopefully got VJjr and Fulk going. That’s about all you can say.
Dude: 20 point win that was never really in question, missing JJJ, and two of our guys that we've been really wanting to step up did just that. You might want to reevaluate.

Coaches that are currently coaching: Coach K, Roy Williams, Jay Wright, Bill Self to name a few
Add Mark Few and Tony Bennett to that list. Gonzaga could play and contend in any Power 5 conference every year. Virginia has consistently been at the top of the ACC since 2013 and won a NC in 2019. Also, if Scott Drew can keep Baylor at a high level for a few more years I would add him to that list. What he has done since taking over that program is nothing short of spectacular. They would’ve been my pick to win it all last year had the tournament not been canceled.

Reactions: 1985Vols
We have the talent. Consistency just remains our biggest issue. Bailey dropping 29 points tonight is great, but we cannot afford to have him continue to disappear in bigger games. I hope he follows this up with a solid performance against Kentucky. We could definitely use another reliable scorer in March.

Victor Bailey came out with the flame thrower tonight! Hopefully he can keep the hot shooting up for the stretch run.

Reactions: OllVol
Good win against an opponent we are supposed to beat. The unforced turnovers are maddening and everyone is contributing with them. Barnes was just beside himself for that 5 minute stretch in the 2nd half when we were turning it over left and right. Every game this team paints a different picture. Bailey was on fire. Fulkerson seemed to play with more energy.

VN Store

Back