Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No defense works perfectly against great offense. 🤔
True...but that was not my point. Look at what I made that comment about, and who I was responding to. No matter what kind of offense you run, if you run into a good defense playing a good game it will bog things down for that offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
My boss last night “of course we will be open”

Slide in here sideways this morning to find out...

He called out

I had procedures at the hospital this afternoon. My staff called the patients and all of them canceled. My morning clinic was canceled yesterday by the group administrators.

-17 here with windchill. I am not sad that I don’t have to go in.
The rolling power blackouts have kinda sucked. We have had 3 since 3:30 this morning. Not sure how a 30-45 minute power outage helps...

Really curious what’s making these deals fall apart last minute. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it.
Like i have said they already hired dL coach which i think any coach would like but saying Janice’s and Martinez going to be on staff limits the new dc. I would want my own if i was the DC and i could be wrong just reading from what has been said on here

I hear Gus has zeroed in on Kevin Steele.
Good, it will offset our buyout

I have heard few things this week that lead me to believe that DW has a bigger mess to clean up than what is being told at this time. Fulmer is the gift that will just keep on giving. Coaches are hesitant to enter this mess and it is going to take a while to clean it up. I cannot go into details, but I am at the point that I am going to be grateful to any football coach that has or will agree to come to Tennessee.
The good news, DW and JH are trying to hire quality coaches - no bunts or singles. They are just being turned down. They will get a staff together and they have players - the cupboard is not bare.

I wonder if Oregon fans are melting down this offseason.

Preseason top 6 but lost to Oregon St (2-5) and Cal (1-3).

Now their starting QB is in the portal.

If that stuff happened here this place would be nothing but threads begging for the coach to be fired.

Weird to me how everyone in the south wants Cristobal as their team’s HC.
I don’t think he is all that great myself

Reactions: IN Jed and MarcoVol
No matter how many times we say there are no leaks that doesn’t make it true.

every single day we get more leaks and new names and more candidates turning us down.
there very clearly plenty of leaks
99.9 percent of the stuff we call leaks are: I heard, he said, she said, someone said, I have a friend, I read somewhere, I think, in my opinion, a name that's in play, he's an insider, it was reported, guesswork from all the print and internet media, I read on the bathroom wall, and on and on and on. The fact is you or I don't know if it true or not. We just want it to be true and until we hear something concrete, like a signed contract, its just rumors. It also might be that we have turned down a lot of interested candidates, not the other way around. I think there are still many out there that would like to have this job and I believe this staff is doing due process in making a sound decision about the DC, and until proven otherwise, I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt.

Last edited:
I don’t think he is all that great myself

Yeah I mean it just doesn’t make sense. If he has those same results and starting QB in the portal at a place like AUB or FL, there is not one person who would want him as HC. They’d likely be calling it a dumpster fire.

Yet he was wanted by many here. I’m just confused by it.

Don’t we have several defensive coaches on staff? How ass backwards is it to hire assistants before a DC?
If you are interviewing a DC that doesn't want Roderick Gardenia working under him as DL coach...then that guy is a total frickin idiot that I don't want working for us.

Supposed to have a job interview today, guess it is gonna have to wait. I don't have a 4 wheel drive.

My daughter does too. Trying to get her first job and may have finally found to right spot. It is for something called the Defensive Coordinator for the University of Tennessee Football Team. I'm honestly not sure if I want her taking it. Sounds like it may be rough sledding.

It is actually at a local pizza joint here in M'boro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back