Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would think the offensive scheme is a known factor that scares candidates away from even getting as far as an interview. Something else is happening when we get to the point of agreeing to terms and compensation. Usually those are just formalities. It could just be that we are going after coaches whose teams really want to keep them, and they are stepping up to present competitive compensation packages.
I think you are right. I think DW is set on getting a valuable commodity but not overpaying. I understand that, but I also know that we are not in a buyers market.

I think it should be obvious to him by now that he is not going to be getting what he wants for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
To pass the time until we hire a DC maybe we can have a posters of the recruiting forum draft. Divide into four teams and assign captains.

And I will be honest, I don't want a DC who is going to complain the offense is going too fast (@Kingston Vol is making it seem like every DC that's been interviewed is scare of this)! I want a DC and a defensive unit that welcomes the challenge to get stops and give the ball back to the offense to score again.

Saban bitched about tempo, but then figured out a way play really good defense while also playing fast on offense. Figure it out.
Yep, Saban's defensive philosophy sort of changed to a bend but don't break defense. They still get their share of 3 and outs but it's definitely not the same style of defense they had his first several years in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yep. If you watch closely 247 and the others follow suit every time he/Vq reports something. It’s why we saw WR post his made up BS last night. 247 is just scrambling to make their customers think they know something.
I am sure 247 has sources other places also. Agree that VQ likely has the most and the best.

I was just reading many of the post about DC 's and the fit of their system and finding someone that runs a system that compliments JH offense. Don't get me wrong fit of a system is very important but personalities have to fit as well or you end up with what we had. I think the defensive system for me is the easiest part of it all. I would want a DC that has a system that tries to get the ball back every play and if they can't get the ball never give up a yard.

I wonder if Burns and Garner are going to get a call from Gus.
If he does, then DW better pay em. After seeing other schools and NFL massively up the ante to keep wanted commodities..then White better do it too. I will be off the White train for good if he allows what staff we do have to be poached.

There aren't many jobs worth risking like and property for...I hope you make a lot of money.

I worked with a old guy once that had the best system ever. "If kids ain't going to school I ain't going to work and if I don't make twice as much in one day than the deductible on my car insurance is I ain't going to work either." Pretty good system really, if you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back