Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
EH, I have a hard time believing a #1 seed who got beaten by 20 by a #16 seed was the best team.
Maybe the UK team in 15 but again if they lost are they really the best.
That was a fluke loss. Almost every year we see a team escape the first round then make a deep run or win it. Again, that’s the beauty of the tourney. I believe it’s the best overall sporting event in America (maybe NFL playoffs and super bowl...)

Reactions: barrylee and UTJoe
Who cares right now? The season isn’t over, and the committee doesn’t look at where you are in conference. They look at overall record.

Plus, we have these expectations BECAUSE of Barnes. The program was a mess when he got it. This criticism about his pay is beyond stupid.
People are stupid..

Arnett .... ❌
House ....❌
Orlando ....❌
Brown ....❌
Washington ....❌
Toney ....❌
Steele ....❌
Rodgers ....❌
Baker ....❌
Conklin ....❌
Banks ....❌
Robinson ... ❌

Updated

I reality, the list may be much longer. When in sales they will teach you it takes 100 No’s to receive your 1 Yes. First, how many feelers were put out to gauge interest? I feel this was where Brown and Orlando said thanks but no thanks. I’d bet there were more than that. Washington was likely the first legit offer. There will obviously be more, but which are feelers, which are offers?

We’re not in an ideal spot right now and we will see rejection. No sense in letting that be upsetting, we have to go through the process before you find the fit and interest in one.

Any guesses on who the mystery NFL candidate is?
tennessee-takeawayfrommediadays-image.jpg

Too soon?

14-5 & 3rd in the SEC isn’t a “terrible” team. We’re still trying to find our team identity.

Fulky & Pons are banged up, so now we’re running and letting the guards play fast. Once everyone gets healthy we’ll be clicking.

Bailey is the head scratcher for me, he should be feasting in this new tempo but he seems to be playing on an island, no clue why. People like to bash on Santi, but he’s doing all the things he’s asked to. Keon/Springer both have more TOs, but everyone acts like it’s only Santi that has them.

Unfortunately they showed the blueprint on how to beat us. Collapse the middle and take always lanes for our slashers to the basket. We don’t have enough outside shooting to make you pay for it. Luckily not a lot of teams have as much athleticism as LSU.
Just keep driving to the basket and not kicking it out for the three. Three things can happen when they finish strong to the bucket---you get your shot up, you get the shot blocked or you get fouled. Free throws are FREE POINTS

Reactions: UTfan94
Middle Tennessee, about 45 min SE of Nashville. It’s 28-30 degrees with freezing fog. This is one of the most damp, bone chilling days I’ve ever felt.

I also lived out west growing up and have experienced 50 below. This is its own miserable
Here in NE Arkansas we are expecting 9 degrees on Monday morning and 5-8 inches of snow. Then more snow Tuesday night and Wednesday. We had two ice storms this past week. This is very unusual for this area. Our road crews are not prepared for this.
Last year I read and article by a leading climate scientist who is predicting a mini ice age for the US over the next couple of decades.

Pons might be hurt but even at 100% he would not and will not be a first round draft pick.

Day 2 at best. He can’t score. He can play lock down defense but he can’t score.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Here in NE Arkansas we are expecting 9 degrees on Monday morning and 5-8 inches of snow. Then more snow Tuesday night and Wednesday. We had two ice storms this past week. This is very unusual for this area. Our road crews are not prepared for this.
Last year I read and article by a leading climate scientist who is predicting a mini ice age for the US over the next couple of decades.
That was all the rave in the 70s too

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back