Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really frustrating team that just can’t score consistently.

And they have talent. Just not doing anything creative in set plays.
Half court offense is gonna struggle when your best post options are 2 Fr guards right now.

Fulk and Pons have to get healthy and provide threats down the stretch.

Reactions: drvenner
Unfortunately they showed the blueprint on how to beat us. Collapse the middle and take always lanes for our slashers to the basket. We don’t have enough outside shooting to make you pay for it. Luckily not a lot of teams have as much athleticism as LSU.

I often wonder if people actually look at stats before they post things that make them look silly.

rebounds Tenn36, LSU 32
Offensive Rebounds Tenn 11 , LSU 4

It’s almost as if posters don’t watch these games
I want to like your post but your BA position on so many topics gets you no like.

We are 10th in the league in attempts and 8th in makes. Our numbers look better than they are because we dont take a lot of threes. When we have to shoot a lot makes usually don't increase with respect to attempts.

Teams have attempted 28 more than we have which is just over 1 more per game. They are making .299 and we are at .342.

The one thing I’ll say about the basketball game is I think he should have pressed when we went down by 12 in the 2nd half just to kind of swing the momentum in our favor. I think he waited way to long to do that.
I didn't get to watch a lot of the second half, but can't disagree there especially with LSU's supposed lack of depth. Also, I think the team dynamic has changed quite a bit when the dynamic duo started asserting themselves more over the past two or three games, and that adjustment period is showing. Totally like seeing them ball out, but it usually takes a minute for the familiarization to develop.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Quit referring to your cityfied, gas heater with fake concrete logs as a fire place. A fireplace is where you put real logs that you've cut and split from huge trees with your own hands and used a lighter to start the fire. You simply don't turn on a fireplace. I sometimes use legos to start fires in my fireplace.
1613253983858.gif

So we weren't told FF4 caliber? Head and shoulders above everyone else the in the league? Either this team wasnt as talented as we were told it was, or they've under achieved, which is it?

Pons and Fulky haven’t been consistent enough. But the Covid argument is very plausible with the two freshmen because the evidence is there with UK, Duke, and UNC.

Pons did not shoot well early in the season and had struggled again the last few. When we win big, he scores along with the freshmen. I think Fulky is hurt and timid.

Pons and Fulky haven’t been consistent enough. But the Covid argument is very plausible with the two freshmen because the evidence is there with UK, Duke, and UNC.

Pons did not shoot well early in the season and had struggled again the last few. When we win big, he scores along with the freshmen. I think Fulky is hurt and timid.
I think this team was overhyped by Vol media because of the two kids. Turns out it takes more than 2 studs to be a good team.

I think this team was overhyped by Vol media because of the two kids. Turns out it takes more than 2 studs to be a good team.

I think they are still good. But Fulky hasn’t given us nearly what we saw last year. If we get a second team All-SEC Fulky with the two freshmen, then we are almost elite. I don’t really think they were that overhyped, but good teams still lose 5+ games during the year. Other than Gonzaga and Baylor, it’s a crapshoot. Baylor has very elite numbers, but I’m not convinced both will be playing in the final game.

Reactions: drvenner and UTJoe
I think they are still good. But Fulky hasn’t given us nearly what we saw last year. If we get a second team All-SEC Fulky with the two freshmen, then we are almost elite. I don’t really think they were that overhyped, but good teams still lose 5+ games during the year. Other than Gonzaga and Baylor, it’s a crapshoot. Baylor has very elite numbers, but I’m not convinced both will be playing in the final game.
Eh. Im not a fan of Fulk. Hes a scrappy guy but he's far from good. He shouldn't be a higher option than 3 or 4 and that's pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back