Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done freezing my baguettes off at a Girl Scout Cookie booth. Did yall hire a DC yet?
Its-Freezing-Funny-Gid.gif

So we weren't told FF4 caliber? Head and shoulders above everyone else the in the league? Either this team wasnt as talented as we were told it was, or they've under achieved, which is it?

Has the FF4 happened yet? No. Has the NCAA tournament happened yet? No. Injuries. Youth. Everything plays into it. Barnes has definitely made some mistakes. It’s not over yet. I mean some are making it sound like Barnes isn’t that good of a coach. I mean this is akin to is making the college football playoffs and fans complaining that we underachieved because we didn’t win the NC.

Barnes is a top notch coach that most teams in the country would want.

Biggest problems I see with the basketball team are no pure shooter(s), no pure pg, no pure big, and Barnes not playing to the personnel. He’s trying to put a bunch of square pegs in round holes. This team is small, but pretty athletic with the 4 guards + pons line up. He needs to abandon his motion offense. We should be pushing the ball hard whether make or miss and mixing in more press defense. When we don’t get that we should have some set plays to try and get easy buckets. This team needs easy buckets with transition and with coaching. Not getting either and that’s why the offense is inconsistent. Relying too much on average scorers and shooters to put up points every night. Jmo

Reactions: Exiled and Vol4ever
Has the FF4 happened yet? No. Has the NCAA tournament happened yet? No. Injuries. Youth. Everything plays into it. Barnes has definitely made some mistakes. It’s not over yet. I mean some are making it sound like Barnes isn’t that good of a coach. I mean this is akin to is making the college football playoffs and fans complaining that we underachieved because we didn’t win the NC.

Barnes is a top notch coach that most teams in the country would want.
What has this team done that says they can make the run we were hoping for? Get blown out a bunch? All I see are excuses, and im one that has defended Barnes, hell even earlier I said I dont think he should be fired far from it, but for all the hype around this team they are definitely performing below expectations.

Reactions: LoudOrange
What has this team done that says they can make the run we were hoping for? Get blown out a bunch? All I see are excuses, and im one that has defended Barnes, hell even earlier I said I dont think he should be fired far from it, but for all the hype around this team they are definitely performing below expectations.

Take a peak at Auburn the year they went to the final four. Very similar only worse than our regular season for them that year. And yea the officials bailed them out of a first round loss that year too

Eh. Im not a fan of Fulk. Hes a scrappy guy but he's far from good. He shouldn't be a higher option than 3 or 4 and that's pushing it.

We saw his potential at Rupp last year. At the least, he’s a 10-12 points and 6 rebounds per game player, which is what we need. You can’t just throw out what he did last year. Something is off this year, but he can be a solid contributor.

Take a peak at Auburn the year they went to the final four. Very similar only worse than our regular season for them that year. And yea the officials bailed them out of a first round loss that year too
Eh, they were still a team that could get hot and light it up from deep and shoot a team out of the gym we cant do that.

If race was the defining characteristic of a person in our system then would there still be poor white folks? Race is part of the issue but opportunity is the solution. Not government interference and meddling. That is what has caused many of the neighborhoods that you speak of in your post to decline. Government started giving handouts to try to make things better and they just mucked it up. The system caused the problem but it isn't the fault of every white person. Subdividing Americans into groups is the problem.

Whatabout

Biggest problems I see with the basketball team are no pure shooter(s), no pure pg, no pure big, and Barnes not playing to the personnel. He’s trying to put a bunch of square pegs in round holes. This team is small, but pretty athletic with the 4 guards + pons line up. He needs to abandon his motion offense. We should be pushing the ball hard whether make or miss and mixing in more press defense. When we don’t get that we should have some set plays to try and get easy buckets. This team needs easy buckets with transition and with coaching. Not getting either and that’s why the offense is inconsistent. Relying too much on average scorers and shooters to put up points every night. Jmo

They have pushed tempo the last 3-4 games. One, you have to get more stops to take advantage. Two, we have guys who are loose with the ball, and that includes the freshmen.

We’ve gotten some open looks and just can’t hit. Johnson and Springer are very aggressive, and I’ve seen more midrange shots and drives than I usually see. We just need Pons and Fulky to have some consistency.

We saw his potential at Rupp last year. At the least, he’s a 10-12 points and 6 rebounds per game player, which is what we need. You can’t just throw out what he did last year. Something is off this year, but he can be a solid contributor.
He did that because of the volume he was getting, but even then he wasnt willing to be the go to guy. Remember him and Barnes spent half the season talking about Fulk not understanding his role. He just isnt anything more than a role glue guy and he isnt even that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back