Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're waiting I have some people I love in need of prayers. A friend collapsed at a game Saturday. She has a brain tumor. Another friend's daughter had COVID a month ago and has been falling up to 30 times a day. Vanderbilt can't find a reason. She is only 16. My son is having panic attacks. He says they're almost back to back. Thanks y'all

I remember when this board was begging for Shannon just a few seasons ago.
Just for some context on Randy Shannon at UCF. Obviously 2020 was awful but this had a lot to do with player opt outs, suspensions and injuries. So I'm just looking at 18 and 19 here with the context of how many plays they faced.

In 2018, that defense faced the 6th most plays in the nation, 79.2 per game. Forced the 7th most turnovers per game at 2.2. Was 50th in yards given up per play with 5.5. But 16th in points given up per play at .29. Only gave up 22.7 points per game even with facing that many plays.

In 2019, they faced the 9th most plays, 75.8 per game. Forced the 34th most turnovers per game at 1.6. They were 5th in yards given up per play with 4.6. And 23rd in points given up per play at .30. They gave up 23 points per game that season.

I'm not advocating for Randy Shannon. Just pointing out that he wasn't as bad as people act.

Bama message boards when they get HT:

tenor.gif
I bet this guy has a tough time eating corn on the cob

Here's what bugs me. In 2019, Bama had 27 enrollees, plus 2 transfers. In 2020, 25 enrollees. This year, they already have 14 enrolled with another 13 signed LOIs, plus they're talking about taking Toot? That would be 28, and transfers are supposed to count toward the 25. So in the last 3 years, they've had 29, 25, and 27(looking at 28 if they get Toot). Now how the hell does that happen with a 25 limit? And I get the limit is supposedly a rolling limit, meaning if you sign 23 one year you can sign 27 the next, at least that's how I understand it, but that doesn't even come close to what Bama is doing. So again, how the hell does that happen??
You have them walk on. When Antonio Alfano transferred last year his scholarship opened up and could be given to a player as long as they had been on the team for a year. I don't get a kid taking the deal when they could get a scholarship somewhere else, but inevitably there will be some kids who are a bust and have to leave. When they do the guys in waiting get the scholarship.

Last edited:
You have them walk on. When Antonio Alfano transferred last year his scholarship opened up and could be given to a player as long as they had been on the team for a year. I don't get a kid taking the deal when they could get a scholarship somewhere else, but inevitably there will be some kids who are a bust and have to leave. when they do the guys in waiting get the scholarship.
But recruiting sites show these guys signing NLIs, which is what counts towards the 25. So if that's how Bama is getting around it, guys are being falsely reported as signing NLIs. It doesn't add up.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
the DC hire will be announced today around 4pm, and it is going to be good news: Kacy Rodgers will be the DL coach and Al Washington will be the LB coach and they will split DC duties. It is unclear yet who the DB coach will be but Willie Martinez is the likely front runner.
Thankfully no mention of Djohn Djancek there.
1613055351421.gif

Reactions: Smokeytom
While we're waiting I have some people I love in need of prayers. A friend collapsed at a game Saturday. She has a brain tumor. Another friend's daughter had COVID a month ago and has been falling up to 30 times a day. Vanderbilt can't find a reason. She is only 16. My son is having panic attacks. He says they're almost back to back. Thanks y'all
Prayers for healing and strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back