Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
the DC hire will be announced today around 4pm, and it is going to be good news: Kacy Rodgers will be the DL coach and Al Washington will be the LB coach and they will split DC duties. It is unclear yet who the DB coach will be but Willie Martinez is the likely front runner.
That sounds awesome! (*and highly unlikely)

the DC hire will be announced today around 4pm, and it is going to be good news: Kacy Rodgers will be the DL coach and Al Washington will be the LB coach and they will split DC duties. It is unclear yet who the DB coach will be but Willie Martinez is the likely front runner.

lol we are not that lucky. Who do you think we are? Alabama?

A little too far fetched for me to bite on this. Makes no sense unless Washington is really trying to leave OSU otherwise he would stay there as a co dc.

I will reserve my like until 4 pm today. Also, where are you getting this?

Wait ... are you the real McCoy?

giphy.gif

Sounds great. Wish I could believe it.

I’m starting to think maybe we should have a DC for every down (Jancek can’t be 4th down coordinator, though).

Situational DC's, IMO.

Not just run game coordinator, pass game, or even 1st down coordinator, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
More like:
1st and 10 coordinator
2nd and medium
2nd and short
2nd and long
3rd and medium
3rd and short
3rd and long
4th and medium
4th and short
4th and long
Inside the 20/red zone coordinator
goal line coordinator
1st down goal line coordinator
2nd down goal line
3rd down goal line
4th down goal line

Where we're gonna have problems is in these guys (and maybe gals?) agreeing on what constitutes the short, medium, and long, yardage per down. Otherwise, I think this will work perfectly. It's the future of defensive strategy in football.

All of this is just my opinion, and I in no way claim insider status, when or if, this is announced as true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back