Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not “all” but those that point the finger but refuse accountability for their actions. Then yes, that’s what I mean and there are a bunch. Preachers included.

Okay, sure, I won't argue with that. But why lump everyone in the same basket?

Honestly, The word Christian literally means "Christ like."
Christians are Christians.
Hypocrites are hypocrites.
There is nothing Christian about being a hypocrite.

It sounds to me like the group of people you have identified are religious at best, but not very Christian at all in their practice.
(and there is a short answer to your question, what is practicing Christianity ... trying to live a Christ like life or allowing HIm to live His life thru you.)

He may turn out to be great but I don't want someone who has never been a DC or called plays, especially not having to overpay like that.

At this point we likely don’t have a choice. It seems that promoting Steele isn’t likely. And because of our potential sanctions, the likelihood of getting a proven DC is slim.

Clinksdale and Washington aren’t bad names. OSU doesn’t want to lose Washington. That says a lot. And Clinksdale is a serious candidate to replace Brown at Michigan. The fact is we are going to have to overpay because of our situation.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Okay, sure, I won't argue with that. But why lump everyone in the same basket?

Honestly, The word Christian literally means "Christ like."
Christians are Christians.
Hypocrites are hypocrites.
There is nothing Christian about being a hypocrite.

It sounds to me like the group of people you have identified are religious at best, but not very Christian at all in their practice.
(and there is a short answer to your question, what is practicing Christianity ... trying to live a Christ like life or allowing HIm to live His life thru you.)

In all seriousness how would you feel walking into a church and the first person walks up to you, sees your tattoo, and says “you shouldn’t have done that”

Or

Your walking down a street at a carnival. A preachers sees you and stops you cold. The first question is: Do yoy know where your going when you die? When I asked him the same question he gets all choked up and shocked.

Tell me how that’s at all a good thing to do

At this point we likely don’t have a choice. It seems that promoting Steele isn’t likely. And because of our potential sanctions, the likelihood of getting a proven DC is slim.

Clinksdale and Washington aren’t bad names. OSU doesn’t want to lose Washington. That says a lot. And Clinksdale is a serious candidate to replace Brown at Michigan. The fact is we are going to have to overpay because of our situation.

I fear you are correct.

I hope whoever we get quickly gets the hang of calling the defense and making adjustments both at halftime as well as in game.
Not gonna lie, really concerned about the lack of experience as a DC we are about to hire to do just that ... DC.

I really didn't want to hire a coordinator with no HC experience for the HC position, and I really don't want to hire a position coach with no DC experience for the coordinator job ... but it's looking more and more like it's where we're headed.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
In all seriousness how would you feel walking into a church and the first person walks up to you, sees your tattoo, and says “you shouldn’t have done that”

Or

Your walking down a street at a carnival. A preachers sees you and stops you cold. The first question is: Do yoy know where your going when you die? When I asked him the same question he gets all choked up and shocked.

Go to a different church. My pastor back in Tennessee had tattoos on both arms...very visible.

I fear you are correct.

I hope whoever we get quickly gets the hang of calling the defense and making adjustments both at halftime as well as in game.
Not gonna lie, really concerned about the lack of experience as a DC we are about to hire to do just that ... DC.

I really didn't want to hire a coordinator with no HC experience for the HC position, and I really don't want to hire a position coach with no DC experience for the coordinator job ... but it's looking more and more like it's where we're headed.

At least it can only stay the same or get better. It literally can’t get any worse

He may turn out to be great but I don't want someone who has never been a DC or called plays, especially not having to overpay like that.
News flash bud, UT doesn't care what anyone thinks about their hires. They're not asking for Volnations approval

My point is whether you have tattoos or not it doesn't make you any more Christian than me.

I think that's exactly the point preacher webb made above, that is hypocrisy, and I wouldn't mind you punching that guy in the nose.

Seriously, Pharisees were the "godly" men of their days , but they were dead inside. Nothing is new under the sun.

@Chuckie
I saw you asking about me a few days ago.
My old account - named after the south Nashville neighborhood I grew up in, Crieve Hall, got the ban hammer for getting too salty with a poster rooting for Vandy to beat us.

And possibly other transgressions like the one you mentioned about the OT thread that got nuked lol

I am doing okay, just dealing with a little spread of cancer. Hope you are well.

I’m just now seeing this. I had asked about you several weeks ago. Didn’t know you got the banhammer. 😆 No wonder I couldn’t tag you Brother I’m so sorry about the spread. Cancer can git.

Or

That’s being judgmental not hypocrisy. Regardless of religion there are plentyyyyyyy of judgmental hypocrites out there, seems silly to single out one group

But when have you seen someone walk up to a random person they don’t know and tell them they’re tattoo is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back