Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Decent. And that's his reputation in the industry. He was Primary for only 6 of those dudes and his best recruit for whom he was Primary was 0.9285. In 2021, Burns was ranked the 488th best recruiter in the nation. In 2020, he was 74th. In 2019, he was 141st. In 2018, he was 304th. In 2019 alone, we had 5 recruiters on staff all ranked higher than Burns.

For comparison, Nieds was here 3 yrs (2 of which he really recruited) and had 1 5* and 11 4*s. He was Primary for most of those. Now, Nieds was definitely an above-average recruiter.

Let me make this clear: i love the hire. KB has improved almost every year. I think he can be a superstar, especially learning from Garner. As of now, though, he is an average SEC recruiter.
As it turns out, we'll never know if Neids was a good recruiter. I tend to believe his "methods" brought in the 4 and 5 star recruits. Hell, anyone can be a great recruiter if you're working with unlimited funds.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
If he loves the Vols so much, which I hear from his apologists on here all the time..then why would he use his public platform to disparage and embarrass the Vols with a statement like that?
Because he is not a professional. I try to listen to that dumpster fire of a show and it gives me a headache.

If he loves the Vols so much, which I hear from his apologists on here all the time..then why would he use his public platform to disparage and embarrass the Vols with a statement like that?
He's basically the media version of a shock jock. They say things to generate readership or listeners. Nothing more to it

They’ve offered Washington a good number, terms and budget for staff. If it doesn’t happen, I think Clinkscale becomes the next offer. Each of them are strong recruiters and motivators. Both are on shortlists to be DC’s at major programs. I know they’ve talked to Clinkscale several times today. I can’t see him making a lateral move. One assumes he’s being considered for DC. I could be wrong.
Clinkscale has 1year of dc experience and was on the mix for the Meatchicken dc role , correct?

They’ve offered Washington a good number, terms and budget for staff. If it doesn’t happen, I think Clinkscale becomes the next offer. Each of them are strong recruiters and motivators. Both are on shortlists to be DC’s at major programs. I know they’ve talked to Clinkscale several times today. I can’t see him making a lateral move. One assumes he’s being considered for DC. I could be wrong.
Steve Clinkscale, Defensive Backs Coach (FB), Kentucky Wildcats

Reactions: Smokey19rt
This deserves atleast a bronze in mental gymnastics. I don't even know how to respond to this but I'll give it a shot.

One, what you're referring to is ingroup/outgroup transference, it's the same defense used for fraternity hazing, office politics, police academy hazing, etc. Two, it has nothing to do with the quality of her work (most comments have to do with her crying, playing female mind games, etc). Third, your example of mullen's wife is absolutely not fragile masculinity, if one said "it's just like a woman to think men need our boo-boos kissed" or "I'll give her something to kiss", those kind of jokes are rooted in classical sexism and display the qualities of fragile masculinity. And 4, what you're referring to is sociology, not social psychology.

You receive an F, everyone in the room is now dumber from reading your comment, and may God have mercy on your soul.
I'm simply explaining what it is they are doing and that it is nothing out of the ordinary. Ingroup and between group differences and behavior is an area of heavy overlap in sociology and social psychology. The talk about her work was just an example of a situation where I could see the jokes turning malevolent, because as I see them now they are simply harmless, bad jokes. In my opinion its a weak man to attack a woman with the vitriol that has been fired at Mrs. Mullen. Her actions and some of the pictures are weird, but not deserving of some of the insults she's received.

Maybe its a poor example of fragile masculinity in the conventional sense because I don't subscribe to the term. The whole concept of fragile masculinity is just modern Freudian nonsense. Its a loaded phrase that tries to paint an individual as inherently flawed. Rather than considering more innocent explanations, like simply having a poor sense of humor, it attacks people and accuses them of having a problem. Everything isn't a projection of some complex experienced as a child. Men who make sexist jokes don't necessarily have some issue with women or with their own masculinity. There are many more reasonable and less accusatory explanations.

You seem pretty upset in your post btw. Not very conducive to conversation. Sorry if my disagreement caused you any undue stress.

Reactions: StoVol
We do have frustrating local media. There's so many that seem to run the same cycle for every new coach they ride the wave of hope and talk overly positive to overinflated expectations, then jump off the bandwagon early and demand the coach be fire. Rinse and Repeat.
I'm not sure what came first, Tennessee negative media or Tennessee negative fans. They seem to run in the same circles.

Because he is not a professional. I try to listen to that dumpster fire of a show and it gives me a headache.
Oh, and it cracks me up when he calls out Rice and Ainge as state run. They may not buy into the conspiracy theories, but I would call Ainge mature compared to that mess Basillio airs.

Price then said it’s not over yet, it’s about the financials. I think we can get him if we overpay. Something like $1.5mil/yr would be difficult for him to turn down. But maybe they don’t go that high.
He may turn out to be great but I don't want someone who has never been a DC or called plays, especially not having to overpay like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back