Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton should be getting elected into the NFL HoF today. Oddly enough, Charles Woodson should probably be getting voted in as well.

Watching the UCF/Memphis championship game from 2018. That’s the game where Milton got hurt and Mack came in. Mack is TERRIBLE. And it’s the 4th quarter and he’s got 292 passing yards and 2 touchdowns. This offense is QB friendly to say the least

Yep, now let’s throw some serious talent in with Bailey and Salter and see what shakes out!

I am seriously impressed with the UTAD's newfound commitment to keeping it all in house. It's amazing that the VN army hasn't breached their defenses after this whole time.

If they really wanted to keep us from poking around they'd give us tons of crumbs in other directions. Off-season training vids, other staff hires, and news from other sports. Tidbits to keep us distracted.

But stand strong VN. Do not let yourself be moved. Demand a leak!

#UTleakersunite

Woodson is one of the best to ever strap a helmet, both college and NFL. Still, he displays another man's trophy.
No doubt, he's a great player. And I don't even blame him for Peyton getting screwed. He didn't cast the votes or lead the campaign to give the Heisman to a defensive player. <cough>ESPN<cough>

I just think it's odd that their careers lasted the same amount of time. And odd may be the wrong word, but two guys tied together by the Heisman heist, went into the NFL at the same time, left at the same time. Seems like you don't see that very often.

Nah. I've got over 22,000 notifications to cash in for @frank bucks. I'm good.
Hmm...you must not have read the fine print. But @frank is actually a nice guy, so he might still let you come. He'll probably just stick you with the mentally impaired cheagle.

But have you smoked this?

790376435.jpg

JMO, but it seems to me most criticism of Tennessee's fanbase can be traced back to when Peyton was screwed out of the Heisman. That's when the media myth began, spear-headed by ESPN. Hard for me to remember clearly anymore, but didn't one commentator refer to us as "trailer park trash"? Every fanbase has "toxic" fans. UT is no different. But the idea we're worse than any other fanbase is ridiculous, and a totally contrived media myth. It wasn't a UT fan that poisoned Auburn's trees, yet you never hear about Bama fans being toxic. Other teams' fans do stupid things and it's a blip on the radar, yet we constantly hear how horrible Tennessee fans are, and how we expect too much. Fans have never been the problem. But say something enough, and people start to believe it.
Yes, Tennessee fans are no more toxic than any other schools fanbase. But their is common perception that we are. And you have to admit that sometimes an often repeated perception has the exact same impact as it being true.

If you haven’t already, watch the Rodney Scott episode of Chefs Table: BBQ on Netflix. Scott’s BBQ in Hemingway was started by Rodneys father. Rodney worked there for years growing up but eventually moved to Charleston and opened his own restaurant: Rodney Scott BBQ. Best whole hog BBQ I’ve ever had.

Have you been to either Skylight Inn in Ayden, NC or Sam Jones BBQ in Greenville/Raleigh? Sam's whole hog is for sure on par with Rodney's.

For my 10th grade 15-page IB paper circa 2002, most of my friends were picking boring subjects like the Nazi invasion of Poland, NAFTA, etc. I decided to do mine on Eastern North Carolina barbecue. My mom and I went on a long-weekend road trip and probably ate at 10 different spots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back