Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were talking about Shoop.
Jancek still has not been a DC at any big university since UT and was recently an analyst. You aren’t a good DC and become an analyst shortly after.
Will Muschamp? Bad head coach, but good DC, now an analyst for UGA.

"white whale"?

tenor.gif

:)
How are you doing?

No. We pay our hard-earned money to watch this team suck year after year after year, then all of a sudden we're a "toxic" fan base? No. I agree, the incompetence needs to be fixed. But dont lump the one great part of this football program in with the rest of the crap of the last 15 years. Do we have idiot fans? Sure. But most of us just want to see a winner. Focus on changing that rather than us, Mr. White.

By the way, I think we are on the same side. But it burns me up when someone tries to paint this fanbase negatively when we keep coming back to watch our team every saturday.
You have good points, but paying hard-earned money for something and being "toxic" aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, often they go hand-in-hand.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Earlier I posted tables showing SEC teams offensive, defensive, and net scoring against AP top 25 teams over the past 9 years, since A&M and MO joined the conference. Here is a look at the won-loss records against the AP top 25 for those teams by year and a total for the 9 year period. It’s pretty significant the impact Spurrier and Freeze had on their teams performance for a while. Only 2 teams in the SEC are above 0.500 against the AP top 25 and Georgia is hanging on by their fingernails. jmo.

Of course most of those losses are to other SEC teams in the AP top 25 so it's not like we're a scrub conference or anything. We obviously haven't had much sustained success over these years but at least we're not Vandy. jmo.

ScreenHunter 652.png

Not yet, but I plan on hitting the Collins Gulf loop this year. I’ve come in a Greeters Falls, Stone Door, and left out of Savage Falls. I’ve been told the Collins Gulf loop is the prettiest of them all.
Suter Falls is part of that. It may be called Collins Entrance instead. I live on 55th Avenue.Screenshot_20210206-171040_Drive.jpg

You ain't lying. Rodney's 'cue would be my death row meal. Lewis Barbecue is here too. Best brisket I've ever had, and I've done the Lockhart/Austin circuit. It opened about 3 years ago by pitmaster John Lewis who taught Aaron Franklin how to cook brisket and ran La Barbecue in Austin. Charleston is spoiled with good 'cue. We also have Home Team, Swig & Swine, Melvin's, Bessinger's, Queology, Poogan's Smokehouse, and Smokey Oak, among lots of others. I moved from a 32 to 34 waist about a month after moving here...
Don't forget Willie Jewel's, though it's outside Charleston.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
Yeah we seemed to have gotten mixed up. Jancek was good here and the stats proved that. Would he be good again? Don’t know. Like you said he hasn’t been a DC at a big time university since.

Hopefully JH has someone much better in mind.
We shall see! The wait is crazy. If we waited this king and it’s a meh hire, heads are gonna roll. Ha

You have good points, but paying hard-earned money for something and being "toxic" aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, often they go hand-in-hand.
JMO, but it seems to me most criticism of Tennessee's fanbase can be traced back to when Peyton was screwed out of the Heisman. That's when the media myth began, spear-headed by ESPN. Hard for me to remember clearly anymore, but didn't one commentator refer to us as "trailer park trash"? Every fanbase has "toxic" fans. UT is no different. But the idea we're worse than any other fanbase is ridiculous, and a totally contrived media myth. It wasn't a UT fan that poisoned Auburn's trees, yet you never hear about Bama fans being toxic. Other teams' fans do stupid things and it's a blip on the radar, yet we constantly hear how horrible Tennessee fans are, and how we expect too much. Fans have never been the problem. But say something enough, and people start to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back