2014 - 34th
2015 - 16th
2016 (Shoop Y1) - 68th

3rd down defense
In 3 years:
2013 - 92nd
2014 - 16th
2015 - 2nd

He was undoubtedly a big success here. It does seem some have selective bias to remember a 4th down call or there (of which come about 10-20 times all season...TONS of variance) and ignore his huge volume of data of not just elite 3rd down defenses, but greatly improving scoring defenses.
3rd down for what...

0.9% of the players in the Superbowl are 5 star players.

20% of the players in the Superbowl are 3 star players.

0.01% of players are given a 5 star ranking out of high school.

0.44% of players are given a 3 star ranking out of high school.

Even with only one 5 star player in the Superbowl, 5 star players are over twice as represented in the Superbowl as 3 star players.

That isn't people science that's just basic math.
I think your percentage of three star players is off. I think more than 2 in 227 players is rated a 3 star.

Reactions: Sleegro
Bellinger, Seager, lux, Smith, May, urias, Beuhler, Kershaw, Rios, Jensen, gonsolin....munch was a waiver wire find that made it up from our minor leagues...... best run organization in baseball right now and the sad thing is..... payroll this upcoming season is less than in 2015.

Even with only one 5 star player in the Superbowl, 5 star players are over twice as represented in the Superbowl as 3 star players.

I think your percentage of three star players is off. I think more than 2 in 227 players is rated a 3 star.

Also, it's more like 60% are 3 star and below. I would personally rather have more 5 stars than 3 stars, but the points being made about evaluation AND development are critical to success because there are a very small number of 5 stars every year.

Reactions: butchna
I would think of ALL HS football players, 2 out of 227 being s 3 star or higher is pretty dead on. We didn't even have a 2 star kid in four years when I was in high school. I'd say thats pretty consistent at all schools of a small to medium size.

Reactions: drvenner
Question for the group. Does anyone make popcorn to watch a game at home?

I see way too many commercials that have some clown grab a bowl of popcorn and some other clowns are in low quality t-shirt jerseys acting like a touchdown just happened

In the math of stars, there are 30 five-stars out of high school every year, around 300 four-stars, and then everybody else. About 60% of five-stars get drafted and around 25% of four-stars get chosen. The average length of a career in the NFL is only 2.5 years. Obviously there are guys who last longer and guys who get dropped earlier, so this is the most recent average. Career length can also be influenced by position.

Anyway, using 2.5 years then that would be 75 high school five-stars, 45 of whom might make a NFL roster during that 2.5 year window. That’s about one and a half per team by the averages. There are around 188 out of about 750 four-stars in that period that the numbers suggest will get signed to an NFL roster. That’s around 6 four-star players per NFL team on average.

In that 2.5 year window there are approximately 41,000 draft eligible college football players across all divisions. Subtracting the 4 and 5 stars suggests that approximately 1,440 of the kids 3-star and under will make an NFL roster, around 45 per NFL team on average, or about 3.5% of the total eligible.

I have absolutely no issue with 3-star or lower rated players – but I have a strong preference for the kids that are going to end up in that 3.5% bucket. Let the other 96.5% go to Furman or Vanderbilt or Austin Peay or someplace. jmo.
This is how you math

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back