Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the last two teams standing at the next level got their rosters FROM college?
The Blue Chip Ratio has gone undefeated for quite awhile. Relevant to CFB, you're either in the club or on the outside looking in, sadly. That said, we were pretty dang close to reaching it this cycle. We needed 13/25 bluechips to hit 50%. Guess we'll come up just a couple guys short and be at like 47-48%.

With a strong 2022 class, we could join the club by just Y2, a group we have not been a part of since Fulmer days.

Start a bracket. Let’s ride.

I'm forreal about to start a 64-babe bracket for us to vote on. My seeds will be somewhat subjective but with input from "general consensus" and research from published lists of the hottest women in the world.

I know the research to compile the bracket is a huge sacrifice, but I'm going to do it for you, VolNation.

I'm forreal about to start a 64-babe bracket for us to vote on. My seeds will be somewhat subjective but with input from "general consensus" and research from published lists of the hottest women in the world.

I know the research to compile the bracket is a huge sacrifice, but I'm going to do it for you, VolNation.

I do not condone this type of objectification.

(but you should totally do it!!)

Reactions: drvenner
Memphis brisket is bad, like they've never seen a cow before. Their bbq in general has gone downhill the past decade or so. Used to be phenomenal, best on the planet, but they've gotten lazy I feel like. Rendezvous was inedible (not incredible) last time I went, and central was so, so dry. Maybe the roadside places are better than the famous places now? My usual places there have all been bad the last few years there. Austin and Dallas have surpassed them I think. Memphis and KC are on par now imo

If pork is not in your diet, then Memphis is not the city for BBQ. I was born in Texas but raised in Memphis. I love steak, hamburgers, beef, etc., but I do not eat beef BBQ. I’ve never been to KC, but I would never really compare it and Austin with Memphis. There is a reason why beef is more prevalent there.

Central’s downtown location is probably the best and still very good. They are also known for their chicken wings. I’m in the suburbs, and Germantown Commissary has always been popular. Had it tonight, and they also have non-BBQ items that are very good. One and Only is actually pretty good out in the suburbs, too. BBQ Shop and Interstate are good as well.

This is the “Jimmy’s Gumbo picture” of statistical analyses.
I mean it is relevant. Goes to show recruiting services don’t always know what they are talking about, and that the most important thing in College Football is “Development” not what star rating a kid is.

Some of y’all up in here today were really thinking Jancek was getting an interview for DC? That ain’t happening broskis. Dude is under qualified and on top of that could’ve been hired at any point. At this point, if it’s not someone coaching in the game on Sunday I’d really be shocked.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
In the math of stars, there are 30 five-stars out of high school every year, around 300 four-stars, and then everybody else. About 60% of five-stars get drafted and around 25% of four-stars get chosen. The average length of a career in the NFL is only 2.5 years. Obviously there are guys who last longer and guys who get dropped earlier, so this is the most recent average. Career length can also be influenced by position.

Anyway, using 2.5 years then that would be 75 high school five-stars, 45 of whom might make a NFL roster during that 2.5 year window. That’s about one and a half per team by the averages. There are around 188 out of about 750 four-stars in that period that the numbers suggest will get signed to an NFL roster. That’s around 6 four-star players per NFL team on average.

In that 2.5 year window there are approximately 41,000 draft eligible college football players across all divisions. Subtracting the 4 and 5 stars suggests that approximately 1,440 of the kids 3-star and under will make an NFL roster, around 45 per NFL team on average, or about 3.5% of the total eligible.

I have absolutely no issue with 3-star or lower rated players – but I have a strong preference for the kids that are going to end up in that 3.5% bucket. Let the other 96.5% go to Furman or Vanderbilt or Austin Peay or someplace. jmo.

Some of y’all up in here today were really thinking Jancek was getting an interview for DC? That ain’t happening broskis. Dude is under qualified and on top of that could’ve been hired at any point. At this point, if it’s not someone coaching in the game on Sunday I’d really be shocked.
Thanks Dr. White.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
WHAT IF: Jancek was better than his record here at UT because Butch?
He had a very strong record here.

National Scoring Defense:
Before arriving - 107th
2013 (Y1) - 78th
2014 - 34th
2015 - 16th
2016 (Shoop Y1) - 68th

3rd down defense
In 3 years:
2013 - 92nd
2014 - 16th
2015 - 2nd

He was undoubtedly a big success here. It does seem some have selective bias to remember a 4th down call or there (of which come about 10-20 times all season...TONS of variance) and ignore his huge volume of data of not just elite 3rd down defenses, but greatly improving scoring defenses.

If pork is not in your diet, then Memphis is not the city for BBQ. I was born in Texas but raised in Memphis. I love steak, hamburgers, beef, etc., but I do not eat beef BBQ. I’ve never been to KC, but I would never really compare it and Austin with Memphis. There is a reason why beef is more prevalent there.

Central’s downtown location is probably the best and still very good. They are also known for their chicken wings. I’m in the suburbs, and Germantown Commissary has always been popular. Had it tonight, and they also have non-BBQ items that are very good. One and Only is actually pretty good out in the suburbs, too. BBQ Shop and Interstate are good as well.
Last time I went to interstate it was horrible. I like all animals smoked if done well. I'd have put Rendezvous ribs against anything in Austin at one point, but not anymore. I'll try bbq shop next time through.

Reactions: VolGee4
He had a very strong record here.

National Scoring Defense:
Before arriving - 107th
2013 (Y1) - 78th
2014 - 34th
2015 - 16th
2016 (Shoop Y1) - 68th

3rd down defense
In 3 years:
2013 - 92nd
2014 - 16th
2015 - 2nd

He was undoubtedly a big success here. It does seem some have selective bias to remember a 4th down call or there (of which come about 10-20 times all season...TONS of variance) and ignore his huge volume of data of not just elite 3rd down defenses, but greatly improving scoring defenses.
Yet he couldn't get another DC job? Doesn't add up. He wasn't awful, but he wasn't that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back