Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think of ALL HS football players, 2 out of 227 being s 3 star or higher is pretty dead on. We didn't even have a 2 star kid in four years when I was in high school. I'd say thats pretty consistent at all schools of a small to medium size.
Yep, I thought it was all rated players and I had a typo, it was 1 in 227.

That might make more sense but really does not make it an apple to 6 apple argument
How so? The percentages themselves only matter relative to each other.

You could say a random player in the Superbowl is 20x more likely to be drawn from the group of 3 star players than 5 star players, and a random high school player is 44x more likely to be drawn from the group 3 star players. So 5 star players are twice as represented in the Superbowl as they are in high school with respect to 3 star players.

Two ways to say the same thing.

The only point I was making is that people talk about this every year, trying to say that 5 stars are no more likely to turn into NFL stars than 3 star players (or less likely) . And it is plainly false.

Reactions: drvenner
Are you kidding? They are in the post season every year. They just robbed the Rockies, got Arenado for peanuts. They are contenders every single year, other teams have high peaks and valley's, the Cardinals are consistently good.
Not kidding. I'm A Cubs fan so the Cards can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back